11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
for sam...rip his ps3

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
lol fuck teaching

oops missed your post, jord. no i'm not doing it to over-analyse the writings of people much greater than me, hahaha.

it's a 'comfortable' degree. it's fun, interesting, opens to mind to lots of new ideas and is pretty intellectually stimulating.

people with a greater economic/social imperative would be doing a textbook-memorising degree like business studies so that they could get comfortable enough to then send their kids to my degree and refine their minds. my sort of degree isnt about worshipping good writers, that's such a superficially ridiculous statement. besides, it's not as if i think my degree is the absolute zenith of human achievement- far from it. my point about you not achieving 'fulfillment' is because 99% of people join the army as grunts because they have NO OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: be it shit grades, school dropouts, discipline issues, wanting to escape from home... whatever. the point is that im pursuing something that is an interest/passion, whereas you seemed to join the army after a few years of fucking about doing not-a-great-deal. the army offers that form of routine, structure and purpose to people that would otherwise lie around all day smoking weed on benefits. and don't tell me that stereotype is incorrect.

good try, though.

(yes the above post was just totally a cover because you hit such a raw nerve)

Last edited by Uzique (2010-10-08 11:08:09)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

jord wrote:

Uzique wrote:

jord wrote:

You've used that word on me before, I'm just curious as to what exactly I've dropped out of?
oh yeah my bad you joined the army which takes no qualifications or particular merit at all other than taking orders from someone better qualified than you and running around a muddy field playing soldiers

gj you are fulfilled
See now that's more like it, a valid insult. I hate when you throw the word "dropout" around so loosely.

Okay my turn before I go out...

You analyse what great authors have written under the guise of creativity, your life is based around what others much greater than yourself have achieved. Be it living a comfortable life off of your parents wealth or reading great works and writing about what you think they're trying to convey. You then come here and for motivations known only to yourself and "troll" (speculatively insult people you don't know much about) people you consider lesser beings.

I'm going out now, you see I don't like to insult people here for no reason but nobody else is going to take you down a few notches. So if I hit a nerve(I'm sure you will never admit to such a travesty) I apologise.
Just to make sure you don't miss it...
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
What will you do with your degree then?

Edit: you're studying english literature, right?

Last edited by Gawwad (2010-10-08 11:07:14)

loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Hungry's toxic spill must be affecting you guys....you all are turning into zombies
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

11 Bravo wrote:

for sam...rip his ps3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O84aPFSsAdk
what a fucking dumb advert
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

for sam...rip his ps3

i like it

though last years was better imo

and for someone who likes minecraft your opinion is not that valid tbh
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

11 Bravo wrote:

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

for sam...rip his ps3

i like it

tell that to the millions of people who play it you moron, must be a really shit game
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Camm wrote:

i like it

tell that to the millions of people who play it you moron, must be a really shit game
more people play fifa
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

fifa 11 is mint innit 11b
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Uzique wrote:

lol fuck teaching

oops missed your post, jord. no i'm not doing it to over-analyse the writings of people much greater than me, hahaha.

it's a 'comfortable' degree. it's fun, interesting, opens to mind to lots of new ideas and is pretty intellectually stimulating.

people with a greater economic/social imperative would be doing a textbook-memorising degree like business studies so that they could get comfortable enough to then send their kids to my degree and refine their minds. my sort of degree isnt about worshipping good writers, that's such a superficially ridiculous statement. besides, it's not as if i think my degree is the absolute zenith of human achievement- far from it. my point about you not achieving 'fulfillment' is because 99% of people join the army as grunts because they have NO OTHER OPPORTUNITIES: be it shit grades, school dropouts, discipline issues, wanting to escape from home... whatever. the point is that im pursuing something that is an interest/passion, whereas you seemed to join the army after a few years of fucking about doing not-a-great-deal. the army offers that form of routine, structure and purpose to people that would otherwise lie around all day smoking weed on benefits. and don't tell me that stereotype is incorrect.

good try, though.

(yes the above post was just totally a cover because you hit such a raw nerve)
See I think the main reason we don't get on here is because you just speculate too much.

The fact is none of that applies to me, I'm not on benefits, I wasn't a school dropout, I didn't have disipline issues or shit grades. Just none of it, it's just what I wanted to do from an early age. I know that's hard to fathom but it's the truth, and perhaps it was born out of some youthful, misguided patriotism or ignorance. I'm not gonna get into depth about academia but I just didn't fancy it. I'm not the most intelligent person in the world and I accept that, but It's a high probablility I could've quite easily gone on to mediocre+ higher education. I also don't lie around all day smoking weed, and it's getting tiring that people dwell on weed as if it's some massive social faux pas life ruiner. I smoke like once a week.

Anyway going out.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
football manager > fifa
11 Bravo
Banned

Toilet Sex wrote:

the best sports game i have ever played

btw i got stevenage to league one so far
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Gawwad wrote:

What will you do with your degree then?

Edit: you're studying english literature, right?
yes. and afterwards im either going into academia or im going to become an actuary for a city-based company my family business is connected to.

so i'll have a high-paying job regardless and a bit of class, culture and intellectual refinement.

what are you getting out of your business studies degree? the ability to memorise formula, do basic math and read graphs?

shame i could learn all that in a year of industry and have a fucking great time dicking around with art students at uni
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

11 Bravo wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

nice i only just started with it, haven't started a career or anything yet. might do tonight, i'm staying in and probably alone. QQ
11 Bravo
Banned

Toilet Sex wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

nice i only just started with it, haven't started a career or anything yet. might do tonight, i'm staying in and probably alone. QQ
i have two.  one with west ham to try and keep them from being relegated ffs.  and one to get stevenage to the big time.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
Hehe, you have no idea what I'm studying or doing
But go ahead, feel free to belive you're life is just so much better than anyone elses and that your choises are the only good ones.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
haha i have never said anywhere that my life is so much better

im just saying jord is a stereotypical weed smoker... and the onus is on him to prove me wrong

for reasons justified above i don't think enlisting at grunt-level in the army is 'escaping' that stereotype-- the british army thrives on those sort of people.

in fact, you were the person implying some form of 'superiority' in the first place with your questions about my course... my comments to jord had nothing to do with my own life or my business, other than the fact i have smoked weed too so have a decent basis of comparison.

try harder faggot
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland
Actually I was genuinely intrested in what you can do with such a degree.
What would you do if you didn't get a job through your family?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
are you serious? haha. im not sure how it works in finland but in england the degree you get is not a life-long definition and limitation of what professional duties you can do. you can do anything here with any degree, provided you have the skillset and the experience. it's not as if the degree system here states: 'congratulations, you are now a qualified mathematician - please never attempt anything that doesn't involve numbers'. what do you think all the history and classics graduates go into? teaching at stuffy boarding schools? what do all the zoology students do? go make wildlife documentaries? jesus christ open your eyes and stop being such a retard.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
11 Bravo
Banned

Uzique wrote:

are you serious? haha. im not sure how it works in finland but in england the degree you get is not a life-long definition and limitation of what professional duties you can do. you can do anything here with any degree, provided you have the skillset and the experience. it's not as if the degree system here states: 'congratulations, you are now a qualified mathematician - please never attempt anything that doesn't involve numbers'. what do you think all the history and classics graduates go into? teaching at stuffy boarding schools? what do all the zoology students do? go make wildlife documentaries? jesus christ open your eyes and stop being such a retard.
tis true.  one of our best pilots has a degree in...i dunno what its called...something with trees and nature or whatever.
11 Bravo
Banned
oh hey moab...i dunno if you remember last week but the cable dude got here at 630 lol
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
yeah, exactly.

degrees are 'status' symbols; they show a certain level of intelligence, capacity to learn, and the fact you have the discipline and interest in 'higher studies'. im under the impression that in europe, most universities are basically technical colleges that equip you with an extremely VOCATIONAL education: do this, get this job, have this career, etc. the reputation of the university and the reputation/prestige of the course doesn't seem to matter - you just do what you want to get a job in. doesn't work that way in england.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard