bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

nukchebi0 wrote:

Seriously, it is ridiculous a striker with a 96/94 speed rating (Messi) can't get any separation from defenders who are 15 or 20 points slower than him.
Learn to play the game
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Seriously, it is ridiculous a striker with a 96/94 speed rating (Messi) can't get any separation from defenders who are 15 or 20 points slower than him.
Learn to play the game
owned
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
oh im glad you can now save goal replays and upload later!
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Bought it from Amazon last night for £30, should come soon.

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

nukchebi0 wrote:

hmmmm...my be a pro lad gets seperation.  but im the king of stevenage so people just get out of my way.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
piece of shit ps3 fuckin broke
11 Bravo
Banned
wow that sucks
11 Bravo
Banned
best football game ever made
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
harder than 10 imo, in a good way

i wana play !
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6206|Uk
Only on the loading screen for the first time and i already have a bonk on
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
what happened to your ps3 dude?
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
power light flashes yellow for a split second then flashes red constantly when i try to turn it on
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Learn to play the game
Fast breaks are a part of the game. What is the point of giving players speed ratings if it has no serious effect on how fast they move?

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-10-01 14:28:10)

bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

nukchebi0 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Learn to play the game
Fast breaks are a part of the game. What is the point of giving players speed ratings if it has no serious effect on how fast they move?
If the player is in a one on one tussle, they weill be held back by the stronger player. If the player is free from the one on one tussle, they will break from them
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Learn to play the game
If the player is in a one on one tussle, they weill be held back by the stronger player. If the player is free from the one on one tussle, they will break from them
That isn't the issue I have, since it worked basically the same way in 10, and is understandable. The issue is with a lack of speed differentiate. Trying to get a cross set up with Messi (at his speed) on the wing is way more difficult than it should be because the pursuing defender doesn't get outrun, and trying to split two defenders after receiving a pass1 is nearly impossible because the superior speed isn't translated to faster in-game running.

-----------------x-------------------------
------o---------------------o--------------

x is Messi, o's are slow defenders. He should have a clean look at goal, but never does because he doesn't run fast enough.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
um, its not like messi is 1.5 times faster then the other players.  sure, messi has a speed rating of 96 or whatever the fuck, but it's not like the other players are in the 20s.  because of that speed really only makes a difference after a certain distance.

come on, its basic math.  arent you supposed to be smart?

also, if the defender is running alongside messi, he'll push him out of the way.

and in your picture, if that's supposed to be the 18 feet penalty box, messi seems to be in the middle of the field, and the defenders will run at an angle to intercept him.
11 Bravo
Banned

nukchebi0 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

That isn't the issue I have, since it worked basically the same way in 10, and is understandable. The issue is with a lack of speed differentiate. Trying to get a cross set up with Messi (at his speed) on the wing is way more difficult than it should be because the pursuing defender doesn't get outrun, and trying to split two defenders after receiving a pass1 is nearly impossible because the superior speed isn't translated to faster in-game running.

-----------------x-------------------------
------o---------------------o--------------

x is Messi, o's are slow defenders. He should have a clean look at goal, but never does because he doesn't run fast enough.
i am having a hard time understanding your problem since i can get break aways with my chump ass be a pro dude
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
yeah after playing for a few hours, it's easy to break away
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Got my copy last Wednesday, it's awesome
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
Playing as the goalie is awesome, I just wish there was a bit more action
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma
Ofcourse FIFA goalies make impossible saves.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 still has a point. You can learn to break away, but at the same time the breaking away isn't as effective as it really should be.

Now, I don't disagree with your comments on the realism part and how defenders do jostle more with players in real life than in FIFA 10, but FIFA 11 makes it too complicated. A change from 80 to 90 in acceleration or sprint speed should be by far enough to get a player like Messi or Rooney to speed away from defenders (or at least have the tiniest of advantage when running side to side with a defender) but unfortunately they don't. Now, breaking away gets easier once you get to know the right analogue stick and how to push it away from defenders whilst running, but that's still not how real football works. If you watch Ronaldo or Messi run with the ball, they are yonks faster than any of the defenders attempting to tackle them, but FIFA 11 doesn't show that.

What I'm trying to say is that when a player like Rooney is shoulder to shoulder with a defender, he should be able to keep the defender on his heels for at least a short duration, but if you play the game on Legendary, you soon see this isn't the case. Defenders jockey you and rape you consistently because the change of pace isn't good enough.

I love the game, and it's getting better and better as I play it because I'm getting better at it. But this is still something that should really be checked. Values that hit 95 on the stats should be far ahead of a stat that is at 82... even if mathematically it isn't. We aren't going by maths here, it's common sense. If I play a through ball to Pedro and he turns on a defender and kicks it in front of him there should only be a slim chance that he actually loses the ball to the defender (assuming the defender is slower).

Be A Pro is an entirely different situation it seems, breaks can be made more easily. But when you're not actively creating that space (you're letting the AI do it for you, and even with player run modifier the AI is still doing most of it) and you're playing 11 v 11 it's not as easy.

Essentially, what I'm trying to get across is that players such as Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, Walcott, Messi and Villa should be able to skip past most slow defenders without much trouble. They do it in real life consistently enough, so FIFA 11 should be no different.

Other than that, http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40594467
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
I know what you guys are on about seems like the players which should rape in terms of speed don't rape too hard. Not played against Inter yet but Ibra was one overpowered piece of shit in Fifa10. Goalies have definitely improved can't believe how different the demo was to the game. Demo did not do the game justice!

At least you can now make the keepers stay on the line with the double tap y or triangle. They aren't completely retarded against chip shots too. I wasn't planning on buying this after some things in Fifa10 made me rage. This definitely is a vast improvement.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT

Zimmer wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

nukchebi0 still has a point. You can learn to break away, but at the same time the breaking away isn't as effective as it really should be.

Now, I don't disagree with your comments on the realism part and how defenders do jostle more with players in real life than in FIFA 10, but FIFA 11 makes it too complicated. A change from 80 to 90 in acceleration or sprint speed should be by far enough to get a player like Messi or Rooney to speed away from defenders (or at least have the tiniest of advantage when running side to side with a defender) but unfortunately they don't. Now, breaking away gets easier once you get to know the right analogue stick and how to push it away from defenders whilst running, but that's still not how real football works. If you watch Ronaldo or Messi run with the ball, they are yonks faster than any of the defenders attempting to tackle them, but FIFA 11 doesn't show that.

What I'm trying to say is that when a player like Rooney is shoulder to shoulder with a defender, he should be able to keep the defender on his heels for at least a short duration, but if you play the game on Legendary, you soon see this isn't the case. Defenders jockey you and rape you consistently because the change of pace isn't good enough.

I love the game, and it's getting better and better as I play it because I'm getting better at it. But this is still something that should really be checked. Values that hit 95 on the stats should be far ahead of a stat that is at 82... even if mathematically it isn't. We aren't going by maths here, it's common sense. If I play a through ball to Pedro and he turns on a defender and kicks it in front of him there should only be a slim chance that he actually loses the ball to the defender (assuming the defender is slower).

Be A Pro is an entirely different situation it seems, breaks can be made more easily. But when you're not actively creating that space (you're letting the AI do it for you, and even with player run modifier the AI is still doing most of it) and you're playing 11 v 11 it's not as easy.

Essentially, what I'm trying to get across is that players such as Ronaldo, Rooney, Torres, Walcott, Messi and Villa should be able to skip past most slow defenders without much trouble. They do it in real life consistently enough, so FIFA 11 should be no different.

Other than that, http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40594467
Thank you. When I have a player who blows by players in real-life and is rewarded for it with a low to mid 90 speed rating, I expect to see it reflected in the in-game experience, especially one lauded as being more realistic than its predecessor. I became a master of setting up fast breaks of counter attacks, and it angers me to no end I have to alter my playing style to exploiting the consistency of midrange (20-25 yard) finesse shots in order to stay competitive simply because the game doesn't adequately implement player speed differentials, something it did quite well in the previous iteration.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2010-10-06 19:16:48)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Okay, some very negative aspects of FIFA11 - that may not have been explored enough in reviews to find them, so that's why they might not have been mentioned.

As manager in Career Mode, Player Growth is extremely flawed. I'd go to the extent of saying it makes the entire Manager mode pointless. There's also several glitches in the Player Growth - I received an email telling me Mascherano, due to his excellent performances has gone up in rating. He did, to 83... but in player growth it tells me his growth is "-1". Not good.

Now, to expand on this - I bought Lukaku (if you don't know who he is, I suggest you look him up) and he's meant to be the prodigy of attacking football and a mini Drogba. At 17 and a rating of 74, he's naturally going to be a fast learner... right? No. Or at least, FIFA 11 doesn't work that way. I've consistently gotten him ratings of 9+ on each game, scoring a couple of goals on each game and getting several assists... has he gone up? Nope. Have any of my players gone up with constant ratings of 9+? Nope. Something is wrong here. I've played 25 League and Cup matches already, and nobody is growing. This is ridiculous. Players like Muniesa (who's playing nearly every game) and Lukaku should be going up at least a point every 5 games. Just like they did in FIFA10.

I've tried everything, from playing on Legendary and winning 3 - 0 with a hatrick from Lukaku, to playing on Amateur and winning 13-0 with 10 goals from him. Nothing works, and he doesn't develop. At this rate, players like Lukaku and Messi will never get better.

What makes this worse is that players that have a lot of development to be made in REAL life, will not increase in FIFA 11. A couple of perfect examples are Pedro, Iniesta and Pique. They are all under "Maxed out potential, will not increase rating a lot". That's fucking ridiculous. Iniesta is 26 and Pique is 23... They have a lot of football ahead of them, yet they aren't going to grow? Fuck off.

Added to that, they've removed the abilities of buying fitness coaches and improving stadium and stuff. That was a great addition to the Manager mode and made it more interesting. This is basically just playing exhibition matches with a news reel afterwards.

I'm disappointed that they haven't paid more attention to this mode. I always play it, and whilst Be A Pro is great, Manager Mode has always been a great thing to play and hugely satisfying on Legendary mode when every game is a total grind out. Unfortunately it seems that they've dumbed it down massively in FIFA 11.

I need someone to have played this for several days non-stop and post up a tips and walkthrough so I can see what they've found with this mode and others. It's too early to judge entirely, but I highly doubt I'm doing something wrong...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard