Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
My system is about 6 months old. Just now I was revising a listing I have made on eBay when the BSOD appeared, did the memory dump, rebooted and then Windows 7 offered to check for any further problems online. Nothing happened as a result and everything appears normal again.

Should I check something out when this happens, or being the first time do I just ignore it?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6559|NYC / Hamburg

ignore for now. When it happens again, then it's time to act.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Ok, thanks max.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I had BSODs somewhat often some time ago...

They stopped by themselves

I got lucky I guess...
(Think I need to clean out the inside of my PC)
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

I get them all the time due to my POS mobo
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver
I would respond to this saying i never had a bsod on my machine, but i dont want to jinx it.
FloppY_
­

SonderKommando wrote:

I would respond to this saying i never had a bsod on my machine, but i dont want to jinx it.
Well too late for that now
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

try a memtest
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

max wrote:

ignore for now. When it happens again, then it's time to act.
Or, if you're Finray

Ignore the first one..
And the second one.
And the third one.
See a fourth, think there's maybe a problem.
Fifth .. well I was making a sandwich?
Sixth, okay, there's almost probably something wrong.
Seventh, maybe I should run Memtest.
Eighth, maybe I should run Memetest..
Ninth, maybe I should run Memtest...
Tenth, swap RAM sticks around
Problem solved.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

fkn finray.

.. I got one a month ago due to derp ATI driver clashes.

nothing to worry about unless you get like ~5-10
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Cool, well it's the first time it's happened and I'm the sole user of my PC so it should be fine I hope.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

usually a ram problem. When you switch on your PC your components heat up and expand slightly. When you switch off it cools down and the components shrink. Its a tinny movement, but over time this can cause your components to become slightly unseated. Every month I open my machine and push all the components and cables into their housing. My work machine which is on 24/7 never BS OD but my gaming machine which is switched on and off each day does every now and again if I don't check the seating of the components. Its fixed simply by re-seating the RAM, cards and cables to HD mobo etc.
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try if it happens again.
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad
yeah if you get more than 2 or so then investigate, but i've had one and it was due to ATIs driver update conflicting with crysis wars (dont hate)
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
So I got one of these two days ago and then again yesterday. Both times was when running Pro Tools and in midst of moving files around.

Should I be concerned? I also put in a brand new HDD 3 days ago.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

tazz. wrote:

fkn finray.

fucking ati drivers.

watching youtube videos has been enough to force them crash (when I open like 3 in different tabs), but I can play all my games fine.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

AussieReaper wrote:

tazz. wrote:

fkn finray.

fucking ati drivers.

watching youtube videos has been enough to force them crash (when I open like 3 in different tabs), but I can play all my games fine.
People hate on AMD drivers a fair bit but honestly I've never had a problem.
FloppY_
­

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

tazz. wrote:

fkn finray.

fucking ati drivers.

People hate on AMD drivers a fair bit but honestly I've never had a problem.
idd.. I had more problems back when I had Nvidia
Benzin
+576|5990

JahManRed wrote:

usually a ram problem. When you switch on your PC your components heat up and expand slightly. When you switch off it cools down and the components shrink. Its a tinny movement, but over time this can cause your components to become slightly unseated. Every month I open my machine and push all the components and cables into their housing. My work machine which is on 24/7 never BS OD but my gaming machine which is switched on and off each day does every now and again if I don't check the seating of the components. Its fixed simply by re-seating the RAM, cards and cables to HD mobo etc.
This would actually explain the BSODs that I get on my main rig. If I leave it off all weekend when I drive to my parents in law, then when I come back I sometimes have to endure a BSOD or two before I can actually get to the desktop because I turn the PSU off over the weekend so it doesn't draw any power at all and turn the heating off in the apartment...
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Sooooo... should I try anything?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

The best advice is wait and see if it happens again. Then note what you were doing when it happened.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Well, both times we were creating a "save as copy" from our Pro Tools session to take to our producer for mixing. It hasn't done it for ages before or since.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard