13rin
+977|6471

Trotskygrad wrote:

Why did you find it a unreliable PoS?
Stovepiping like a mother... And it would jam 5-7 outta 50 rounds.  Sent back to kimber twice.  Each time I got it back there was a laundry list of shit done to it (polish feeder ramp type stuff).  I used all different kinds of ammo and different mags.  It is just a shitty gun.  Quality control of kimbers is in the toilet and you're playing the lotto if you buy one.  Me?  I won't sell it as I see it negligent to sell a defective firearm that may one day be used in a self defense scenario.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

tuckergustav wrote:

I don't buy that you are doing a community service by making anti-Semitic comments.
He's just making racist comments. The minute you start using BS words like anti-Semitic is the minute you start acting like being racist to Jews is somehow worse than 'regular' racism

I don't buy into all that bullshit about omg he said something bad about Jews whilst at the same time talking about how funny it is to curb-stomp n*****s and bomb brown people, as it is on this forum all the time.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Mekstizzle wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I don't buy that you are doing a community service by making anti-Semitic comments.
He's just making racist comments. The minute you start using BS words like anti-Semitic is the minute you start acting like being racist to Jews is somehow worse than 'regular' racism

I don't buy into all that bullshit about omg he said something bad about Jews whilst at the same time talking about how funny it is to curb-stomp n*****s and bomb brown people, as it is on this forum all the time.
I don't have double standards...
Trotskygrad
бля

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Stovepiping like a mother... And it would jam 5-7 outta 50 rounds.  Sent back to kimber twice.  Each time I got it back there was a laundry list of shit done to it (polish feeder ramp type stuff).  I used all different kinds of ammo and different mags.  It is just a shitty gun.  Quality control of kimbers is in the toilet and you're playing the lotto if you buy one.  Me?  I won't sell it as I see it negligent to sell a defective firearm that may one day be used in a self defense scenario.
and they claim to be uber-reliable... companies.

I would say a QSPR revolver is a decent self-defense weapon...

But you'll probably find something wrong with that

(it's silenced but dosen't look like it, thats definitely a plus
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Chopping a good design like a 1911 and expecting it to work just the same is a recipe for problems.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Are they legal? I guess you could make silent ammo for any gun if you could be bothered.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Trotskygrad
бля

Dilbert_X wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Chopping a good design like a 1911 and expecting it to work just the same is a recipe for problems.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Are they legal? I guess you could make silent ammo for any gun if you could be bothered.
even if it wasn't legal, your average cop would see it as not silenced
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
You mean supressed?
Trotskygrad
бля

jord wrote:

You mean supressed?
I say silenced because it actually is very-very quiet

I know the technical term is suppressed, but I usually apply that term to only devices that alter the sound of a gun to sound like something other than a gunshot, and don't muffle it significantly.

Just my personal semantic rules, not saying they're correct or anything
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

jord wrote:

You mean supressed?
The ammo is silent, and the gun adapted to the ammo.
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg213-e.htm

Nagant revolvers can be suppressed with standard ammo.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Trotskygrad
бля

Dilbert_X wrote:

jord wrote:

You mean supressed?
The ammo is silent, and the gun adapted to the ammo.
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg213-e.htm

Nagant revolvers can be suppressed with standard ammo.
Suppressed nagants are effective too, but they have to have a long suppressors up front, so they look suppressed and it's REALLY heavy DAO trigger pull is rather unsuitable for self-defense
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

i love how bf2s can go from

JohnG@lt wrote:

So I'm forced to play it off, say I was joking, give her a fist bump etc and proceed to the car with my girlfriend chewing me out the entire way home.
to

Trotskygrad wrote:

Suppressed nagants are effective too, but they have to have a long suppressors up front, so they look suppressed and it's REALLY heavy DAO trigger pull is rather unsuitable for self-defense
and six pages of other stuff in between.

this is why i <3 you, bf2s!
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

Mekstizzle wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

I don't think (and have never said) that one is worse than the other...this was a direct response to a specific statement...
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6381

Trotskygrad wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

you have a car with 3 seats up front?
Bench seats bro.
lol bench seats
yeah I know what they are, but they're sorta rare these days in vehicles other than pickups/vans
I roll a sweet van.

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/free-candy-van.jpg

Even when there is not a seat in the middle, there is usually a console. You can just as easily wedge it between the seat and console.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля

burnzz wrote:

i love how bf2s can go from

JohnG@lt wrote:

So I'm forced to play it off, say I was joking, give her a fist bump etc and proceed to the car with my girlfriend chewing me out the entire way home.
to

Trotskygrad wrote:

and six pages of other stuff in between.

this is why i <3 you, bf2s!
it all started with me making a comment about how the wigger was a nub because he didn't know where to put guns in a car...
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

shoulda let the thread end with the pedo-van. it'd been perfect . . .
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
This thread offends me, not as a Jew, but as a cashier.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Superior Mind wrote:

Haha, why?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

JohnG@lt wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Haha, why?
Nah, I'm kidding. I was trying to use the the joke from Seinfeld "Does he offend you as a Jew?" "No, he offends me as a comedian."
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6701|Charlie One Alpha
Jeez, lots of gun talk here. All you armed drivers out there, do you really intend to shoot while driving or is it more for the situation that someone walks up to your window or something? I find it hard to imagine a scenario in which it is useful to have your pistol accesible like that. Even police officers don't wedge their pistols into the cup holders for easy reach.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
eleven bravo
+1,399|5251|foggy bottom
they have shotguns there instead
Tu Stultus Es
jord

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Jeez, lots of gun talk here. All you armed drivers out there, do you really intend to shoot while driving or is it more for the situation that someone walks up to your window or something? I find it hard to imagine a scenario in which it is useful to have your pistol accesible like that. Even police officers don't wedge their pistols into the cup holders for easy reach.
"Get out of the fucking car"!

Would be an appropriate example of when to have easy access to a pistol.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

jord wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

1) The "assailant" is unarmed, in which case you drive off if possible or lock your doors if not possible.

2) The assailant is armed, in which case you pull out your gun and he shoots you because he already had his gun ready.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2010-09-30 08:32:07)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
jord

LaidBackNinja wrote:

jord wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

1) The "assailant" is unarmed, in which case you drive off if possible or lock your doors if not possible.

2) The assailant is armed, in which case you pull out your gun and he shoots you because he already had his gun ready.
Why would you drive off if you have the upper hand..?

2 is a case by case basis, perhaps he's only got an imitation firearm, perhaps he hasn't made ready, perhaps he hasn't taken care of his firearm, perhaps he doesn't really have it in him to actually shoot someone, perhaps perhaps perhaps. We can do a thousand hypotheticals but at the end of the day there's no negatives to legally carrying a pistol and many possible positives.
13rin
+977|6471

jord wrote:

We can do a thousand hypotheticals but at the end of the day there's no negatives to legally carrying a pistol and many possible positives.
This.

Side note:
In Florida, the castle doctrine has been extended to the automobile.  Yea!
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

jord wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

jord wrote:

Why would you drive off if you have the upper hand..?

2 is a case by case basis, perhaps he's only got an imitation firearm, perhaps he hasn't made ready, perhaps he hasn't taken care of his firearm, perhaps he doesn't really have it in him to actually shoot someone, perhaps perhaps perhaps. We can do a thousand hypotheticals but at the end of the day there's no negatives to legally carrying a pistol and many possible positives.
1) Why wouldn't you drive off? What could you possibly gain by confronting the punk trying to steal your car? Do you intend to counter-rob him? Or make a citizen's arrest, perhaps? He'd just run away.

2) The negative is obviously that if he could panic and shoot you if you pull out a firearm. Also: accidents. Every person on here will claim to be an expert and that they are always safe blabla. I know for a fact, however, that pistols especially are dangerous and many accidents happen with them.

Edit:
I just wanted to make clear that I am not a hippie or anything. I'm in the military and am intimately familiar with firearms, but it just seems wildly inappropriate to me to drive around with a loaded pistol wedged between the seats or stuck in the cup holder for easy reach. I put my cups in my cup holder. Maybe it's just because I'm a European that I think this level of preparedness is exaggerated. Maybe if I'd live in the US I'd do the same thing, but just thinking about what I know over here it just seems ridiculous to drive around with a pistol on your lap or in the cup holder.
My comment on the safety of pistols is based on experiences in the military, mostly with Glocks, which are, IMHO, accidents waiting to happen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard