cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6464|Kakanien
a friend of mine is going to interview luc besson. he asked me to propose some questions he could ask. i delegate this questios to you. what would you ask?

personally, i would ask any director, what his favourite movies are

+ i would ask him, what natalie portman and milla jovovich are like...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
Who the fuck is Luc Besson?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6480|Gogledd Cymru

The most important director of this generation.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio
i would ask....

who are you
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6563

11 Bravo wrote:

i would ask....

who are you
SamTheMan
­
+341|5132|Stoke, England

Toilet Sex wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i would ask....

who are you
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
will you be working on a 4th transporter..?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6645

The Fifth Element and The Professional don't ring a bell?

Ask him what the fuck was up with Kiss of the Dragon. Horrible, horrible movie
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

I love his movies, but hardly thinks he's the most important director of this generation.

Big films of his on my radar include Nikita, Léon, The Fifth Element. Tim Burton has way more movies in my collection.

Also, this is douchery: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Award ...even if it is just for fun.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
ask him to change his name to something more memorable
Tu Stultus Es
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6650|The darkside of Denver
The Fith Element is probably the worst movie ever made.  Gigli was more entertaining.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
luc speilberg
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

SonderKommando wrote:

The Fith Element is probably the worst movie ever made.  Gigli was more entertaining.
Guess you haven't seen many movies. It had great moments.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
It's put on a pedastal to which it is undeserving.
SonderKommando

jord wrote:

^this.  I've seen plenty of movies.  THis is not one of the good ones.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

ask him how long he's been gay.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

SonderKommando wrote:

jord wrote:

Granted, it's a BAD movie, but it's played out like a bad movie, and does a good job of being a bad movie. The cthulu opera lady and obnoxious screaming? Sure. But for every moment of that, there was Bruce Willis being bland and Gary Oldman overacting.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6121|North Tonawanda, NY
The absolutely absurd depiction of future culture turned me off to that movie initially, but for all the reasons un13 just listed, I own a copy and watch it occasionally.
SonderKommando

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

jord wrote:

Granted, it's a BAD movie, but it's played out like a bad movie, and does a good job of being a bad movie. The cthulu opera lady and obnoxious screaming? Sure. But for every moment of that, there was Bruce Willis being bland and Gary Oldman overacting.
Dont forget Chris Tucker.  I want to murder him for playing that part.

Fixt -un13

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-09-28 15:08:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

SenorToenails wrote:

The absolutely absurd depiction of future culture turned me off to that movie initially, but for all the reasons un13 just listed, I own a copy and watch it occasionally.
Oh, that. Well, flying cars by 2000, or whatever the figure was. I can imagine it was poking fun at that.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Oh, that. Well, flying cars by 2000, or whatever the figure was. I can imagine it was poking fun at that.
The crossdressing show host (poking fun at Ru Paul maybe?), the completely bizarre clothing (especially on the cruise ship...), and hell, even his ridiculously tiny apartment that probably could have been bigger if shit didn't shift into the walls for 'storage'.  A whole bunch of things that just seem needlessly bizaare and futuristic.  It's pretty much the same reason that I still can't sit through Blade Runner.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

Blade Runner was Ridley Scott.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

burnzz wrote:

Blade Runner was Ridley Scott.
Yes.  I didn't mean to imply that it was Luc Besson, but that the same features of the story that repulsed me in one existed in the other.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Be sure to avoid the unnecessarily spacious decks of Star Wars or the trapezoidal hallways of Star Trek. I think the point of all that inefficiency in Fifth Element was that the future still sucks.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Be sure to avoid the unnecessarily spacious decks of Star Wars or the trapezoidal hallways of Star Trek.
Not everything has to make perfect sense to allow the suspension of disbelief, but certain aspects of those two movies just keep me from being able to do it. 

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think the point of all that inefficiency in Fifth Element was that the future still sucks.
I realized that, and figured part of it was for comic relief (hiding all the people in the bed/shower/etc...).  Once I stopped taking that part seriously, it didn't bother me anymore...and now I enjoy that movie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard