бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

burnzz wrote:

about >9000 troops.
lol no... they would create holes in the concrete when the bodies rot
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

you said 'bunker', not 'Maginot Line' . . .
dill13
+67|6164

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Thanks !
I am not doing the ReBar but I'll ask him. Out of curiosity. I always saw them tie Re bar together with heavy wire spot welded.  How do they Ground that Green plastic covered Re Bar ? also is The Green Re Bar falling out of Favor ? I don't see it on big jobs anymore ? The new Stuff looks like SS or Aluminum ?
No idea, is it galvanised? As I said I reckon a key part will be how they fix the rebar to the rock, you need that specified.

I saw a show where someone used smooth steel rod as rebar......
the green stuff is epoxy coated the shiny stuff most likely stainless steel rebar will always be steel and aluminum would be a treble idea cause concrete eats away at it. I dont work on huge jobs but ive never seen rebar welded to each other its usually just saddle tied.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Welding rebar is not generally advisable I think, should be tied.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

dill13 wrote:

the green stuff is epoxy coated the shiny stuff most likely stainless steel rebar will always be steel and aluminum would be a treble idea cause concrete eats away at it. I dont work on huge jobs but ive never seen rebar welded to each other its usually just saddle tied.
apparently, the jobs you had were up to code. our friend here, isn't worried so much about code, just what makes her look good . . .
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

burnzz wrote:

dill13 wrote:

apparently, the jobs you had were up to code. our friend here, isn't worried so much about code, just what makes her look good . . .
If that's even possible.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325
It has become glaringly obvious my role will be that of a spectator.
I am still sure I can convince my wife I'm breaking my ass anyway.
It should score me some heavy down time.
" God dam it I worked on the pool and patio all day ! Will you leave me the Fxxk alone already ? "

Thanks to you all ! and a wave to our Gender challenged lads.
- no italics -

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-23 18:47:02)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

jesus wept, you*re older than i am . . .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I know, why not post a pic of the project then we'll know what we're talking about?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325

burnzz wrote:

jesus wept, you*re older than i am . . .
Yes I probably am and may God help you in your pilgrimage, following me like a little lost lamb.

The people who constantly whine about sentence structure and capitalization here seem selective in their protest.

I thought that Lamb line needed some italics ?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia

dill13 wrote:

aluminum would be a treble idea cause concrete eats away at it
It's more that while steel and concrete have similar coefficients of thermal expansion, aluminum is nearly double that of concrete. The resulting internal stresses make it an undesirable to use..
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325

Dilbert_X wrote:

I know, why not post a pic of the project then we'll know what we're talking about?
Ok right now its just a huge slab of solid rock on a shallow pitch. I have a hammer drill and it gets into the rock Fairley easy but beats the Bits dull very quick. So I know it can be done but I am not gonna do it be cause I never did know what size re bar they were gonna use. I don't no how so many people missed the ( solid rock ) part but we do have posters here who can't read eight sentences without forgetting what they said or who wrote them.

I am really glad I never aired my plans to try and clear out an air strip. My first landing on grass put that to bed in a hurry.
I have no more interest in learning to fly.

I also don't have that kinda money any more. I have the same amount of money/property give or take but now that I am going to be dividing it by four. It isn't that much anymore. So I am working more and doing projects like this to make life here better for the kids. I have a plan in to rezone into eight building lots so it is easier to sell when that time comes. I want this to be the house that they like to throw parties at when they get older. ( hopefuly I will be somewhere else when they do ) We are also building a separate 4 car garage with an Apt/studio above it. When there older, I know they are gonna do and try some ( messed up stuff ) and I'd rather they do it just a 100 yards away than God knows where. Plus I figure my kids can always come back home after a break up or problem and will feel more comfortable doing it if they can with some sense of autonomy.  Instead of moving back into their old childhood room downstairs.

This project moves in little bursts when I can get the people up here. With Football season it is kinda on hold. Don't tell burnz but I have two teenage boys. He's been hoping I was a single female who responds to verbal abuse and stalking. God knows chicks like that *are out there.

* Don't you think that needed italics ?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6692|Sydney, Australia
^But seriously, take a picture. It'll do a world of good for explaining to us what the site looks like. You wouldn't tell the engineer that it was "just a huge slab of solid rock on a shallow pitch"...

you'd get a site survey done...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ok right now its just a huge slab of solid rock on a shallow pitch.
Thats not all that helpful.

So I am working more and doing projects like this to make life here better for the kids. I have a plan in to rezone into eight building lots so it is easier to sell when that time comes. I want this to be the house that they like to throw parties at when they get older. ( hopefuly I will be somewhere else when they do ) We are also building a separate 4 car garage with an Apt/studio above it. When there older, I know they are gonna do and try some ( messed up stuff ) and I'd rather they do it just a 100 yards away than God knows where. Plus I figure my kids can always come back home after a break up or problem and will feel more comfortable doing it if they can with some sense of autonomy.  Instead of moving back into their old childhood room downstairs.
If you're doing stuff now in the hope of your kids doing something specific in the future when they're adults you could be disappointed.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
Umm, why not just make a natural stone inground pool? Bring in some demo guys and have them blow a pool for you in the rock itself.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY

JohnG@lt wrote:

Umm, why not just make a natural stone inground pool? Bring in some demo guys and have them blow a pool for you in the rock itself.
I shudder at the thought of trying to keep that pool clear...lol
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6360
pics?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So I am working more and doing projects like this to make life here better for the kids. I have a plan in to rezone into eight building lots so it is easier to sell when that time comes. I want this to be the house that they like to throw parties at when they get older. ( hopefuly I will be somewhere else when they do ) We are also building a separate 4 car garage with an Apt/studio above it. When there older, I know they are gonna do and try some ( messed up stuff ) and I'd rather they do it just a 100 yards away than God knows where. Plus I figure my kids can always come back home after a break up or problem and will feel more comfortable doing it if they can with some sense of autonomy.  Instead of moving back into their old childhood room downstairs.
If you're doing stuff now in the hope of your kids doing something specific in the future when they're adults you could be disappointed.
Not at all. I just want them to have more options. I try and make it available if they want it. One reason my wife made sure she got tenure as a Proff was to insure they could get an education at that school if they wanted to. I am not good with posting pix and again you made me think this is going to be totaly hands off for me. When we start working I'll try and have my friend set up a pic. TY again.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Not at all. I just want them to have more options. I try and make it available if they want it. One reason my wife made sure she got tenure as a Proff was to insure they could get an education at that school if they wanted to. I am not good with posting pix and again you made me think this is going to be totaly hands off for me. When we start working I'll try and have my friend set up a pic. TY again.
well I think that they want the pictures before you start working...

and posting pictures isn't that hard, just use

Code:

[img][/img]
and a proper imagehost (imgur, photobucket, imageshack, etc...)
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

One reason my wife made sure she got tenure as a Proff was to insure they could get an education at that school if they wanted to.
Wow, the university required tenure for your children to get free/heavily discounted education at that institution?  Holy hell, that's a shitty deal for everyone else working there!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325

SenorToenails wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

One reason my wife made sure she got tenure as a Proff was to insure they could get an education at that school if they wanted to.
Wow, the university required tenure for your children to get free/heavily discounted education at that institution?  Holy hell, that's a shitty deal for everyone else working there!
I have no idea what the deal is really - she teaches there, So they can go free, If they have a mind to. One is really smart but really lazy & does pretty good. One is not as smart but is driven and does REALLY GOOD ! Girls are to young for school but seem very smart. We'll see. It is a ways off. If any one of my kids goes to an Ivy League school I will be happy.

That's the first rail Ive ever heard against Big Education !
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325
bought  digital camera be cool ,,,
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I have no idea what the deal is really - she teaches there, So they can go free, If they have a mind to. One is really smart but really lazy & does pretty good. One is not as smart but is driven and does REALLY GOOD ! Girls are to young for school but seem very smart. We'll see. It is a ways off. If any one of my kids goes to an Ivy League school I will be happy.

That's the first rail Ive ever heard against Big Education !
I hope they take advantage of tuition benefits, for their sake!  And as for 'Big Education'...there's plenty to rail on about. 
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6325
couple corrections Not Ivy League I thought she taught a Colombia its N.Y.U. - Went to Colombia. also she gets free credits that she can give away. anyone go there ?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

couple corrections Not Ivy League I thought she taught a Colombia its N.Y.U. - Went to Colombia. also she gets free credits that she can give away. anyone go there ?
i have 2 friends who go to NYU. they can buy a house with their tuition fees. full of rich spoiled pricks and hipsters (dickheads) from what i've heard.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard