-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California

rdx-fx wrote:

And our Commander in Chief is an incompetent asshole that can take a copy of the 1st Amendment, cram it up his ass, then light it on fire!  Use Rahm Emmanuel's prick to cram the whole Bill of Rights up there too, if he'd like.

Now can I have my plane ticket and relocating expense account?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

11 Bravo wrote:

Ty wrote:

Three provisions due to expire were extended in 2009 amongst a move to re-work the act... admittedly this full re-working seems to be "we'll get around to it when we can score political points off it" but hey, that's politics.
you know obama said after year one its all on him and the "previous admin" excuse should not be used.  so i suggest you fanbois follow your leader.
I don't think I'm a fanboy I just don't like seeing critisism being doled out based on ignorance or media spin. You wonder why people rush to defend Obama, it's because the guy does not get a break. I remember those who were critical of Bush quickly being labelled and dismissed as "Bush Bashers" despite the fact that the guy clearly was not qualified to run a country - or a fucking McDonalds for that matter. Now people get free reign to criticise the Obama Administration and label anyone who supports it fanboys or blind, ignorant, star-struck followers or whatever.

The criticism isn't even all that good. I like criticism and dissent in politics, it can be a lot of fun. It's why I've got an expensive and piece of paper telling me that I have a politics degree, (that is of questionable value.) It seems though that criticism at the moment comes from spin and bitching rather than actual stringent points: "If Person X took option A rather than option B was the correct choice but if he took option B then A was the right choice." It's annoying. I'm not sure if I support the Obama Administration, at this stage I think his over-eagerness and naivety seems to shine through more than his abilities as a President. However when compared to the last guy? No wonder most of the world seems to think the sun shines out of Obama's arse.

Anyway I've gone quite far enough off topic now so I'm going to go for a run.

Edit: I think how this relates to my earlier comments is that it was a criticism of the current administration made with the issues over policies of the last. While those issues haven't disappeared under the current administration I thought it seemed a bit one-sided to be so unparticular about it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Ty wrote:

Three provisions due to expire were extended in 2009 amongst a move to re-work the act... admittedly this full re-working seems to be "we'll get around to it when we can score political points off it" but hey, that's politics.
you know obama said after year one its all on him and the "previous admin" excuse should not be used.  so i suggest you fanbois follow your leader.
I don't think I'm a fanboy I just don't like seeing critisism being doled out based on ignorance or media spin. You wonder why people rush to defend Obama, it's because the guy does not get a break. I remember those who were critical of Bush quickly being labelled and dismissed as "Bush Bashers" despite the fact that the guy clearly was not qualified to run a country - or a fucking McDonalds for that matter.
It really is the other way around.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

I don't think I'm a fanboy I just don't like seeing critisism being doled out based on ignorance or media spin. You wonder why people rush to defend Obama, it's because the guy does not get a break. I remember those who were critical of Bush quickly being labelled and dismissed as "Bush Bashers" despite the fact that the guy clearly was not qualified to run a country - or a fucking McDonalds for that matter.
Please tell me you're joking.  Apart from "My daddy was president now I want to be" I don't see how Bush had any qualifications over Obama.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio
everyone blamed bush and didnt put shit on clinton.  christ you guys are blind.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Maybe America needs to move away from party allegiance and actually judge governments on their merit.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6547|San Diego, CA, USA
Hmm...I wonder if Osama Bin Ladin is banned for life?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

Harmor wrote:

Hmm...I wonder if Osama Bin Ladin is banned for life?
i'm pretty sure they'd let him in. they'd even transport him . . .
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
im pretty sure he has a holiday home in florida with hitler
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

Uzique wrote:

im pretty sure he has a holiday home in florida with hitler
i'm thoroughly surprised the Bush administration didn't cart him out before the last election. on second thought, no i'm not - Bush had contempt for McCain, and wasn't about to do him any favors . . .
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

War Man... I like you dude but I do not respect your take on politics. Like, at all.

And usmarine - Clinton was criticised back in the day, maybe not a great deal but I suppose actual politics got lost under 'tabliod-friendly sex scandals' which I guess is Clinton's main legacy - but the Bush Administration played the "blame the last administration" game better than most to make up for it. Most administrations wouldn't play the game throughout two terms of office but that didn't stop Bush. First when the economy started it's downturn, then after 9/11 Clinton was blamed for not dealing with Al Quada effectively, Clinton was blamed for the policy of 'regime change' that resulted in Bush's invasion of Iraq, Clinton was even blamed when the housing market went down in 2008 at the end of Bush's second term and when the Bush Administration copped some flak over it's action with the MMS with the Deep Water Horizon oil spill some were arguing that it was the policies of Clinton that led to it. Some of those points may have some validity, to use them throughout two terms of office and then some... well I dunno. The fact that this is coupled by cries of foul when the Obama administration, (and while Obama may have done the 'one year and it's all on me' thing I'm sure those in his administration don't like being so willing to throw themselves in front of trains,) tries to point out that maybe eight years of a C student with multiple business failings may have resulted in a few fuck-ups - it just seems a bit one sided.
[Blinking eyes thing]
11 Bravo
Banned
ya but TY its just a cycle.  dems blame bush sr. repubs blame bubba.  dems blame bush tard.  repubs blame nObama.  get over it, lad.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
who woulda thunk it: you need a politics degree to qualify the statement that politicians and public figures shift blame...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
now where's our resident psychology professor to explain why...
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

who, Mitch?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Regardless, there are people today who would take Clinton back for a third term in a heartbeat. Over Obama, even I would.
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Regardless, there are people today who would take Clinton back for a third term in a heartbeat. Over Obama, even I would.
no.  fuck no.  no
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

11 Bravo wrote:

ya but TY its just a cycle.  dems blame bush sr. repubs blame bubba.  dems blame bush tard.  repubs blame nObama.  get over it, lad.
See this is hitting the nail on the head. I'm not bothered to scour back to find examples of Clintonites blaming Bush snr or Bush Snr blaming Regan, Regan blaming Carter etc. etc. but if I was I'm sure I'd find them.

Sigh. Politics eh.
[Blinking eyes thing]
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

no.  fuck no.  no
He could conduct his campaign exclusively from IHOP locations!
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6705
Is that a joke?  Someone was banned from USA for life for calling the president a "prick?"  What the hell is this country coming to?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Is that a joke?  Someone was banned from USA for life for calling the president a "prick?"  What the hell is this country coming to?
welcome to obama's america
Tu Stultus Es
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Of course it's a joke.
War Man
Obama is a pussy, pussies can't take such things. At least Bush could take criticism and insults unlike Obama
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

War Man wrote:

Obama is a pussy, pussies can't take such things. At least Bush could take criticism and insults unlike Obama
and Bush nearly took a couple of shoes to the face, amirite?
War Man

burnzz wrote:

War Man wrote:

and Bush nearly took a couple of shoes to the face, amirite?
Yep, Bush may have been meh but he was a decent President. The Clintons are even better than Obama, although I'd still take Bush over Clinton.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard