SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6650|The darkside of Denver

baggs wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

nice feelin aint it. 

Back is one of my favorites.  So is leg day.  Love me some fucking squats man.
I'd love to do a session or two with you Sonder, i know you'd be the kinda training partner to spurn me on to do more/heavier. Something i lack at the moment.
yeah, good lifting partners are a rare breed.  Most lack motivation or dont take it as seriously as I would like.  Most dudes are like you say, there to work "trophy muscles".  If you ever make to Colorado let me know
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6488

SonderKommando wrote:

If you ever make to Colorado let me know
and me. fuck you Sonder, for making me post in this thread . . .
SonderKommando

burnzz wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

If you ever make to Colorado let me know
and me. fuck you Sonder, for making me post in this thread . . .
of course you burnzz!
Home
Section.80
+447|6838|Seattle, Washington, USA

Zimmer wrote:

Home wrote:

OK so I am leaving to go to college in 2 weeks. The last week before I leave I won't be going to the gym, which I though could be useful as a sort of deload.

Anyways, especially because progress on my chest and biceps has been slow/nonexistent lately, I was thinking about starting a new 6-8 week program at college. Currently I'm doing a 4 day split, two bodyparts a day, 3x10-12 for each exercise.

I was thinking about doing a strength routine for the first 6 weeks, then geting back into the hypertrophy range after that? Maybe full body workouts and in the 5x5 range? Is this a good or bad idea?
There's a couple of studies out there that show that you explode doing it the other way around. So you go from Hypertrophy to Strength training.... But as you're already on hypertrophy, that should help you a lot.

I'm about to do that, I've been on hypertrophy for a while now and gonna switch to strength in a week or so.
Alright, that's good. How are you going to be doing your strength program? I looked up some 5x5 routines and they weren't exactly what I thought. Most were purely squats, bench, DLs, and overhead press. Which I was kind of dissapointed by, I wanted to incorporate more things like pull ups and chin ups... I can't decide which way to approach it.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6746|Scotland

Home wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Home wrote:

OK so I am leaving to go to college in 2 weeks. The last week before I leave I won't be going to the gym, which I though could be useful as a sort of deload.

Anyways, especially because progress on my chest and biceps has been slow/nonexistent lately, I was thinking about starting a new 6-8 week program at college. Currently I'm doing a 4 day split, two bodyparts a day, 3x10-12 for each exercise.

I was thinking about doing a strength routine for the first 6 weeks, then geting back into the hypertrophy range after that? Maybe full body workouts and in the 5x5 range? Is this a good or bad idea?
There's a couple of studies out there that show that you explode doing it the other way around. So you go from Hypertrophy to Strength training.... But as you're already on hypertrophy, that should help you a lot.

I'm about to do that, I've been on hypertrophy for a while now and gonna switch to strength in a week or so.
Alright, that's good. How are you going to be doing your strength program? I looked up some 5x5 routines and they weren't exactly what I thought. Most were purely squats, bench, DLs, and overhead press. Which I was kind of dissapointed by, I wanted to incorporate more things like pull ups and chin ups... I can't decide which way to approach it.
Just apply the same idea to concentrated workouts such as arms and tris. Same theory applies of the 5x5 method.
jord
+2,382|6668|The North, beyond the wall.
Giving up, not enough food anymore to make any kind of gains.

Gl everyone else.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5990|...
can't feed yourself 3 meals a day?
inane little opines
jord
Nope.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5990|...
When does it stop getting worse lol
inane little opines
jord
Kept a log of my progress.

26 press ups in 2 mins changed to 58
54 sit ups in 2 mins to 70
Put on 7 pounds
Increased weight and reps on other excercises.

Oh well.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5755|Belgium
I'm trying to eat 5-6 'big' meals a day and I'm still having trouble gaining weight

Anyway, to everyone with an android phone, I truly recommend getting the 'droidfit' app. Basically, it keeps track of your workout, so you immediately know how much you lifted last time and when to increase weight. Also keeps track of basic things like weight, BF, height, width etc.

An other awesome thing is the timer, I won't be getting distracted by talking to people or searching for a song anymore
SonderKommando

Jebus wrote:

I'm trying to eat 5-6 'big' meals a day and I'm still having trouble gaining weight

Anyway, to everyone with an android phone, I truly recommend getting the 'droidfit' app. Basically, it keeps track of your workout, so you immediately know how much you lifted last time and when to increase weight. Also keeps track of basic things like weight, BF, height, width etc.

An other awesome thing is the timer, I won't be getting distracted by talking to people or searching for a song anymore
Gaining weight with a high metabolism takes some time man.  I think over the course of a few solid months of good eating and training you will see a gain.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6746|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Do the Gallon of Milk a day thing. That will definitely get you weight and fast.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5755|Belgium
Arrr, Zimmer, I am.

Currently building it up, though. A gallon is like what, 4 liters? I'm currently drinking 'bout a liter of milk a day, together with a few liters of water (which I carry around at school...) Will keep eating as much as I do right now and I'll see where I am in a few months, should be gaining though:)
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6746|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Arrr, Zimmer, I am.

Currently building it up, though. A gallon is like what, 4 liters? I'm currently drinking 'bout a liter of milk a day, together with a few liters of water (which I carry around at school...) Will keep eating as much as I do right now and I'll see where I am in a few months, should be gaining though:)
Litre of milk a day isn't sufficient for building up. I drink a litre for breakfast alone without really noticing it.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5755|Belgium
I know, but I'm building up. I'm not going from half a litre to 4 in one day :p
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6649|BC, Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Do the Gallon of Milk a day thing. That will definitely get you weight and fast.
Gonna check out this droidfit thing, could be very useful, I just keep everything in my head right now, forget what I've done on some exercises.
SonderKommando
Been having some great lifts the last few days.

Highlights from my leg day were hitting 365lb EASILY after doing my regular 3 x 12 3 x 10 x 2 at 265lb and then hitting 640lb on the leg press for eight reps on my last set. 

Chest day was dope too, hit 260lb for three sets of ten, then decided I havent tried a max in awhile... Last time I 1rm maxed on flat bench I waqs 218lbs and on some serious pro-hormones and hit 355lbs.   Right now im like 207 but i hit 335lbs and it went up like butter.  Also was able to hit 3 x 10 at 90lb dumbell incline presses.  Had a great fucking pump, bitches be 'mirin.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
what are these pounds u speak of, KG motherfucker, do you speak it?!
jord
Fuck KG
SonderKommando
Im an emurrrrrican, so no, we dont speak KG
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5755|Belgium
Good workout today, triceps/back.
Weight seems to be coming along nicely aswell, I step on the scales each time I'm at the gym, as I'm usually always there around the same time of the day etc. Weight's been raising every workout so far
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5755|Belgium
Going to the doctor one of these days. Knee is messed up very badly now. I'm thinking a meniscus injury that hasn't healed properly, as I've been struggling with it for over a year now (but I could manage.. lately it's been way worse)
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6146|Vancouver | Canada
Any tips for squeezing a workout into your schedule when you're at Uni 80% of the time you're awake?

I haven't worked out once since I started.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
300 workout?
You're meant to be able to do it in 20mins..
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard