Poll

Which of these sounds better?

2002 Corvette Z0631%31% - 5
2004 Mazda RX868%68% - 11
Total: 16
devilhammer
+16|6592|San Marcos, Texas
I'm stuck, I recently came into a bit of money and can't decide which of these two vehicles I want to buy.

The Corvette is $13900 and has 122K miles on it. It's has a targa top and has been well maintained.

The RX8 is $7500 and has 91K miles on it. It's got a few things replaced, such as the stereo, rims, and interior seats.

I really can't come to a decision about this so I figure I will see what bf2s has to say about it.

Thanks
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

first thing i'd do? sit in both, test drive if you could. i've never owned a Vette, but everyone i know who's had one has been happy with them.

except the guy that wrapped his around a pole.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

The Vettes engine, I'd believe, is more durable, but the Mazda has lower gas mileage and a rotator engine is pretty sweet (and revs over 9000!).

https://i56.tinypic.com/s262hs.jpg

So in terms of which sounds better, the RX8 does when going full throttle (that's a matter of opinion). Which sounds better in terms of which is the more sensible purchase, the Vette will probably have lower parts costs when you inevitably take it too to the shop for repairs.

I myself would buy a hot hatch instead, because the maintenance costs, as fuel costs are definitely lower.
I need around tree fiddy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

devilhammer wrote:

I'm stuck, I recently came into a bit of money and can't decide which of these two vehicles I want to buy.

The Corvette is $13900 and has 122K miles on it. It's has a targa top and has been well maintained.

The RX8 is $7500 and has 91K miles on it. It's got a few things replaced, such as the stereo, rims, and interior seats.

I really can't come to a decision about this so I figure I will see what bf2s has to say about it.

Thanks
What are your priorities in a car?
Speed?
Handling?
Reliability?
Looks?
Running costs?

If you need to pull a horsebox I'd say neither.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
is the vette an automatic or manual?  ah, you said it's a zo6.  6spd manual.  Hows the clutch?  122k is a lot of miles for an '02.  How are the tires?  good replacements are expensive.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-09-09 01:31:10)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

Out of those two, I would probably take the Mazda.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
rx8s are sexy
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
I'd probably go with the Corvette. I've heard of some problems of the RX8's rotary engine, and if its already had things replaced then my guess would be that the engine is in worse condition than the 'vette, because previous owner could've thrashed it. Plus its rotary.

On the other hand, the mileage for the 'vette is still quite high.

Idunno, you may have problems with either car for various reasons. But then again, you might not have any problems whatsoever.
Cheapest RX8 that I can find is $21,900AU, which is ~$20250US, dont ask about the Corvette.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

Z06 is a cool car but the mileage is high, if you go for this one you better check it's maintenance history ... if no history is available stay clear of that car ... if you haven't driven a Z06 or any other Corvette you will be surprised how bad its handling are, it takes skill to control such a car.

The RX8 is way easier to drive, maintenance is cheaper ... needs a history check also ...

Both models are okay but those two cars I would pass on tbh, to high mileage on both ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

The cheapest RX8 I could find in Finland is € 17 490 = $ 22 000 with 100 000 km in it. You lucky sods in the US.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Rx8
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

I was about to say the vette until i read the op.  The vette is certainly a faster and arguably a better handling car. However if this were my primary car and not just something for fun you are buying then I would say the rx8. Less miles, newer and  I don't think the rx8's are as unreliable as the rx7's were.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5139|Stoke, England
the engine sound or saying the car makes out loud?
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5181|Hague City Firm - Holland
With recent gasprices, I'd say the Mazda.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
the vette gets em wet
Tu Stultus Es
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
The rx8 cause its not a fagvertable.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6629|Finland

Over 9000!

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Both of those cars have huge mileage for the amount of money you're willing to drop on a new car. You should be able to get something better. Maybe not with the same 'Wow' factor, but certainly better, much newer and much less mileage. Save yourself the hassle further down the line, and the resale value of those cars probably isn't much either.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard