SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
Me too, just hate calf cramps.

I havent dont straight leg dead lifts in awhile, freaking killed my hammies.
baggs
+732|6174
hey Sonder you sexy bitch!

i took you advice and i've been piling the weight on my pecs and i'm seeing some really good results. changed up a lot of my routines in general and finding a lot more strength coming thru.
SonderKommando

baggs wrote:

i took you advice and i've been piling the weight on my pecs and i'm seeing some really good results. changed up a lot of my routines in general and finding a lot more strength coming thru.
nice man!  Make sure you do alot of incline work, keep the upper chest coming in while expaning that breadth of the chest area.
baggs
+732|6174

SonderKommando wrote:

baggs wrote:

nice man!  Make sure you do alot of incline work, keep the upper chest coming in while expaning that breadth of the chest area.
yeah, i start with a flat bench press wide grip, move to incline dumbell press, incline dumbell flys, flat dumbell pullovers then some flys on the cables but holding for 5-6 seconds and squeezing my pecs together. then finish up with some press up sets just to fuck me off
SonderKommando
thats really close to my chest workout.   Always end with an exercise that will give you a pump, dumbell presses are a great choice.  I like to rotate teh dumbells at the top so my hands are perpendicular to my body so i can squeeze just a little more in teh chest. 

Also, try around teh worlds, awesome all around chest exercise, I like to end with these too sometimes.

baggs
+732|6174

SonderKommando wrote:

thats really close to my chest workout.   Always end with an exercise that will give you a pump, dumbell presses are a great choice.  I like to rotate teh dumbells at the top so my hands are perpendicular to my body so i can squeeze just a little more in teh chest. 

Also, try around teh worlds, awesome all around chest exercise, I like to end with these too sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyzuuU1Ee4s
thats an interesting exercise, never seen them before. i'll give them a go next chest session.

tell me, what do you do for shoulder routine?
SonderKommando
Typically shoulders are as follows:

Seated Dumbell Press

3 x 12/10

Lateral Raises (simultaneous)

3 x 12/10

Barbell Shrugs

3 x 12/10

Wide Grip Upright rows

3 x 12/10

Anchored delt fly (single handed)'

3 x 10/12

Overhead Press or Military Press

3 x 10/12

Rear delt flies

same set rep range

Wide grip bent row (great for hitting your upper back/rear delts)

Generally thats the template, but i mix differnet exercises here and there.
baggs
+732|6174
thanks again sonder
SonderKommando
yup yup
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
I'm embarrassingly out of shape, and it showed when I tried to play IM sports today (I was way slower than I should be and gassed after a 100 yard sprint). Please advise.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
go to the gym, it must be free
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Duh...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
you're aerobically unfit? get your ipod and go for a bike-ride once a week, and perhaps a jog every day or two. push yourself every time.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Our shoulder workout is quite similair, except you're seems way more intense :p

This is mine

Front Raises
Lateral Raises
Seated Militairy Press
DB Arnold Press
Shrugs

All exercises 3x 8-12

Minimum goal is 8 reps every set, if I can do more I'll try 12. When I reach 3x12 it's time to up the weight so I'll be back down to 3x8.
SonderKommando
Fuck man.  I have to train arms and back today since I work ALL DAY tomorrow...

Least i got me some Jack3d, will make it loads easier.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

A month ago I started doing super sets because I was reaching my plateau. I've since then put on 4kg of muscle weight and it's feeling great.

Chest and tris today (this is going against what I said before, but that's because I'm super setting and that can only be done properly with neighbouring muscle groups or ones that are used in the first exercise. E.g - Chest press followed by dips.)
SonderKommando

Zimmer wrote:

A month ago I started doing super sets because I was reaching my plateau. I've since then put on 4kg of muscle weight and it's feeling great.

Chest and tris today (this is going against what I said before, but that's because I'm super setting and that can only be done properly with neighbouring muscle groups or ones that are used in the first exercise. E.g - Chest press followed by dips.)
Yeah, I superset when i HAVE to.  Like tomorrow. Typciall Back and Bi's is another group that goes good together, so i figured id do it.  then and can do chest and tri's on sun.. That will work well.  Back to normal next week. 

I've been gaining good weight too, nice strength gains as well.  Pretty awesome to be reppin 365lb deadlifts.
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

OK so I am leaving to go to college in 2 weeks. The last week before I leave I won't be going to the gym, which I though could be useful as a sort of deload.

Anyways, especially because progress on my chest and biceps has been slow/nonexistent lately, I was thinking about starting a new 6-8 week program at college. Currently I'm doing a 4 day split, two bodyparts a day, 3x10-12 for each exercise.

I was thinking about doing a strength routine for the first 6 weeks, then geting back into the hypertrophy range after that? Maybe full body workouts and in the 5x5 range? Is this a good or bad idea?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6522|Scotland
Been taking something for my chest problem (it cracks like a knuckle and hurts) for a month or so now, and got a osteopathic appointment before the end of the month.

Hopefully after that I can hit the gym again!

Been so depressed not going, it's been a hell of a long time.
SonderKommando

Home wrote:

OK so I am leaving to go to college in 2 weeks. The last week before I leave I won't be going to the gym, which I though could be useful as a sort of deload.

Anyways, especially because progress on my chest and biceps has been slow/nonexistent lately, I was thinking about starting a new 6-8 week program at college. Currently I'm doing a 4 day split, two bodyparts a day, 3x10-12 for each exercise.

I was thinking about doing a strength routine for the first 6 weeks, then geting back into the hypertrophy range after that? Maybe full body workouts and in the 5x5 range? Is this a good or bad idea?
Doesnt sounds like a bad idea to me.  Sometimes you need to shake things up.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Finally got my android phone, and got a nice app for it, called Droidfit. Will be my best buddy in the gym for now, as it records all the sets/reps/weights I use in the gym, making it easier for me to progress in the gym, as opposed to last year where I'd just go with what weight felt right at the time.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Home wrote:

There's a couple of studies out there that show that you explode doing it the other way around. So you go from Hypertrophy to Strength training.... But as you're already on hypertrophy, that should help you a lot.

I'm about to do that, I've been on hypertrophy for a while now and gonna switch to strength in a week or so.
baggs
+732|6174
Something i've observed in my time doing weights is that a lot of people who attend the gym to build muscle really don't understand the fundamental principles of building good muscle and also that you can't just train 'trophy' muscles and still look good.

It's obvious when you look at the people who are just lazy to put in the core exercises such as deadlifts, pressups, pull/chin-ups, squats and such.

Also, i used to love chest days, mainly due to the fact it was the thing i wanted to improve about my body the most. But for probably the last 9 months i've fallen in love with shoulders and back. Theres something sexy about lifting some serious weight with back muscles But generally i love seeing the all round progress, noticing the small improvements from changing an exercise around or discovering something new.

I love the gym. I love my body.
SonderKommando

baggs wrote:

Something i've observed in my time doing weights is that a lot of people who attend the gym to build muscle really don't understand the fundamental principles of building good muscle and also that you can't just train 'trophy' muscles and still look good.

It's obvious when you look at the people who are just lazy to put in the core exercises such as deadlifts, pressups, pull/chin-ups, squats and such.

Also, i used to love chest days, mainly due to the fact it was the thing i wanted to improve about my body the most. But for probably the last 9 months i've fallen in love with shoulders and back. Theres something sexy about lifting some serious weight with back muscles But generally i love seeing the all round progress, noticing the small improvements from changing an exercise around or discovering something new.

I love the gym. I love my body.
nice feelin aint it. 

Back is one of my favorites.  So is leg day.  Love me some fucking squats man.
baggs
+732|6174

SonderKommando wrote:

nice feelin aint it. 

Back is one of my favorites.  So is leg day.  Love me some fucking squats man.
I'd love to do a session or two with you Sonder, i know you'd be the kinda training partner to spurn me on to do more/heavier. Something i lack at the moment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard