Chou
+737|6761
Jesus Christ, will this ever end?
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia

El Beardo wrote:

Big McLargehuge wrote:

I'd really like Gearbox to raise the level cap again but I won't get my hopes up.
The level cap will be raised to 71...   as if the Siren wasn't already overpowered.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/border … _news_stmp
I'm not sure how trustworthy that article is. According to Kotaku the level cap is not being increased. And they asked Randy Pitchford (president/CEO of Gearbox) himself the question. Also this article was posted in the steam news section, so i'd be more inclined to believe it.

Increasing the level cap would be retarded at this point. As Floppy_ said if they don't introduce more skills (which i highly doubt) then you'll have almost all the skills and there would be no specializing or customizing.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

Chou wrote:

when people stop spending money on the exp. packs
Chou
+737|6761

krazed wrote:

Chou wrote:

mad moxxi was my last, after that i said, fuck it.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Chou wrote:

krazed wrote:

Chou wrote:

mad moxxi was my last, after that i said, fuck it.
Well that one was the worst by far
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­

Rod Foxx wrote:

El Beardo wrote:

Big McLargehuge wrote:

I'd really like Gearbox to raise the level cap again but I won't get my hopes up.
The level cap will be raised to 71...   as if the Siren wasn't already overpowered.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/border … _news_stmp
I'm not sure how trustworthy that article is. According to Kotaku the level cap is not being increased. And they asked Randy Pitchford (president/CEO of Gearbox) himself the question. Also this article was posted in the steam news section, so i'd be more inclined to believe it.

Increasing the level cap would be retarded at this point. As Floppy_ said if they don't introduce more skills (which i highly doubt) then you'll have almost all the skills and there would be no specializing or customizing.
protip: IGN, Gamespot and Gamesradar said they'd up the skillpoints... they never said they'd up the level cap

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-08-12 11:30:18)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

protip: IGN, Gamespot and Gamesradar said they'd up the skillpoints... they never said they'd up the level cap
Ahhh so i'm guessing you get skill points as mission rewards.

Still a terrible idea as it basically ends up with the same problem except that the enemies won't scale to all your new skill points.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
ive had so much fun with borderlands, especially general knoxx. splitscreen coop adds to the fun, cant wait till the next addon. never got moxxi. .
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I had real fun with Borderlands, but I find myself wishing they made the original game longer instead of relying on us to start playing again just to check out all the countless booster packs.
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I had real fun with Borderlands, but I find myself wishing they made the original game longer instead of relying on us to start playing again just to check out all the countless booster packs.
Yeah but if all games went by that filosphy we'd still be waiting for half-life 2 and not just EP3
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Steam has a Borderlands -66% off deal for both the game and all DLC packs right now.
That's only €10.19 and €2.71 respectively.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

Steam has a Borderlands -66% off deal for both the game and all DLC packs right now.
That's only €10.19 and €2.71 respectively.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/
I saw... made me rage hard....

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I have the retail version
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Someone play borderlands with me
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
game sux, bear
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

shup monkey, play with me
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yeah but if all games went by that filosphy we'd still be waiting for half-life 2 and not just EP3
The difference being that the Half-Life 2 episodes aren't crammed so close together, so they feel more like expansion packs.  I like the Sam & Max episodic format, where you pay for each season, then download the episodes as they're released. What I don't like is having paid full price for Borderlands, then being expected to pay and repay for the boosters like it was a fucking MMO.

The game's good, but not THAT good.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6202
Free Borderlands update will raise level cap, rebalance main game

We've got bad news and good news. First, the bad news: The new Borderlands DLC pack – that's Claptrap's New Robot Revolution  – won't include the two most requested features. Those would be a new level cap and a rebalancing of the main game to accomodate the new level cap. And neither of those will be included with the latest DLC.

Now the good news: They are being included in a free update for the game across all three platforms, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford told a live PAX audience that his studio resisted making it a part of a DLC pack since, if they included those features, "you'd have to buy every previous DLC" to get access to said features. So, instead, Pitchford said they were going to release a "free update to Borderlands that will both rebalance the original game around the level cap and increase the level cap for everyone."

But Pitchford said the studio still struggled with how high to raise it. On the one hand, Gearbox didn't want to match the 11-point upgrade that many people paid for with the "General Knox" DLC, but on the other the devs didn't want it to be too low, like 5-points. Instead, they came up with another number. "With the current level cap at 61," Pitchford teased, "we realized if we added 8 levels ... "

The audience groans.

So the new level cap is 69 and it will be released sometime around the October 12th Borderlands Game of the Year Edition release.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

So instead of killing dogs and masked psychotics for 50 some odd levels I get to kill them for 69. Meh.
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So instead of killing dogs and masked psychotics for 50 some odd levels I get to kill them for 69. Meh.
Take your stupid whining elsewhere...

I didn't hear you complain about only killing zombies and combine in HL2!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
that's because HL2 actually had compelling storylines, interesting character development, immersive game-worlds, challenging side-puzzles and a dynamic pace alternating between story-discovery, puzzle-solving and fast-paced adrenaline combat. borderlands lacks all of those in a MAJOR way. poor analogy. plus, he's a mod... he can bitch and moan anywhere and won't get AWM'd for off-topic/flaming/spam.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­

Uzique wrote:

that's because HL2 actually had compelling storylines, interesting character development, immersive game-worlds, challenging side-puzzles and a dynamic pace alternating between story-discovery, puzzle-solving and fast-paced adrenaline combat. borderlands lacks all of those in a MAJOR way. poor analogy. plus, he's a mod... he can bitch and moan anywhere and won't get AWM'd for off-topic/flaming/spam.
Right you are Uzi.. but too many people unrightfully bash Borderlands for having only Bandits & Skags, while it actually had alot more enemy types than your average FPS...

EDIT: I'll rephrase my point: You didn't complain about only killing Soldiers in MW2

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-09-06 01:55:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Wait, weren't you whining in another video game thread? Cloned baddies were a common centerpiece for criticism of Borderlands. I didn't really mind until the booster pack rush of more clones.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Doesn't Borderlands have randomly generating unique weapons or something how about randomly generating unique enemies?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Well, they talked about it, but it's really hard to notice. Diablo II seemed to have more wildly variable enemies. As for the weapons, I've come across a few keepers (like seven-shot burst rocket launchers), but there's not a whole lot of difference between them that makes it worth cluttering your limited inventory.

The strength of Borderlands is in first-time-through comedy and coop gameplay.
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Wait, weren't you whining in another video game thread? Cloned baddies were a common centerpiece for criticism of Borderlands. I didn't really mind until the booster pack rush of more clones.
You are missing my point... Borderlands is no worse than most other games at sending "the same" enemies at you.. in fact, borderlands had more enemy types than alot of games!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard