Poll

Who attends church regularly? Or tries to.

i do10%10% - 14
i dont, but im christian29%29% - 40
i dont, im not christian60%60% - 83
Total: 137
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

dilbert: i think it was written as a p.s. to revelations or something. crammed in right at the end. just before the index.
sub-editor sneaked it in then.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
+721|6579|the dank(super) side of Oregon
the most racist, hate filled people I know all go to church.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6472|6 6 4 oh, I forget

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Saturday afternoon door-knocking inviting folks to church
I'd let you hear it if you would come harass me with your nonsense during a footy game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Uzique wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

parents arent an institution set-up to take advantage of the poor and desperate, though...
Unless they're abusive.
sorry but at which point do 2 abusive parents become an 'institution'? wtf are you talking about?

churches are an institution. 2 parents looking after a child/children are an individual family unit. they are not the same thing.

dilbert: i think it was written as a p.s. to revelations or something. crammed in right at the end. just before the index.
Marriage is an institution. Parenthood, as defined by society, is also an institution with adolescent dependence artificially extended by government regulation. Obedience and respect are all too often demanded, but not deserved, and abused.

Reciprocity wrote:

the most racist, hate filled people I know all go to church.
And some of the most self-righteous ones I know don't. There's good apples and bad in every group.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sunday morning church
Sunday night bible study
Wednesday night study

That's everything, I guess I'm pretty involved
door knocking? see, that's not religion... that's harassment.

if somebody had 'faith', surely they'd be compelled to go? nah instead it's got to be evangelical and they've got to be 'reborn' and inculcated into your little circle. someone can't believe in god in their private homes, they have to go to a big superchurch and participate in a group hegemony where everybody has the same beliefs and views. that's religion in the 21st century? don't come to my door... i will exercise my right to bear arms.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
cult
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i was a member of a few churches in my youth but since koresh killed himself and manson got sent to jail there's no services anymore
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sunday morning church
Sunday night bible study
Wednesday night study

door knocking? see, that's not religion... that's harassment.

if somebody had 'faith', surely they'd be compelled to go? nah instead it's got to be evangelical and they've got to be 'reborn' and inculcated into your little circle. someone can't believe in god in their private homes, they have to go to a big superchurch and participate in a group hegemony where everybody has the same beliefs and views. that's religion in the 21st century? don't come to my door... i will exercise my right to bear arms.
Jesus Christ (blasphemy points!) Shifty. By any chance are you some sort of evangelical? That schedule is a bit similar to a friend of mine, which seems an awful lot more in your face than my Catholic background.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6520

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sunday morning church
Sunday night bible study
Wednesday night study

hahahahaha
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

11 Bravo wrote:

cult
soundtrack to evangelical credobaptism

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
I just knock on their door, hand em a tract and go about my way. That's not harassing.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ultrafunkula

Uzique wrote:

i was a member of a few churches in my youth but since koresh killed himself and manson got sent to jail there's no services anymore
Call Tom. I bet he welcomes you with open arms and a warm hug since you have plenty of £$€. Their cult is always open.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
nah i got my homeboy l.ron for that
Ultrafunkula

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I just knock on their door, hand em a tract and go about my way. That's not harassing.
Then why not drop it in the mailbox?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Uzique wrote:

3drealms fails to deliver, so the entire computer game industry is dead.

Uzique wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

parents arent an institution set-up to take advantage of the poor and desperate, though...
Unless they're abusive.
sorry but at which point do 2 abusive parents become an 'institution'? wtf are you talking about?

churches are an institution. 2 parents looking after a child/children are an individual family unit. they are not the same thing.

Two parents alone aren't an institution. Parental place in society, like marriage, is.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469

Ultrafunkula wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

because you need to 'make the personal connection', i.e. make the emotional tie and then try to use that social bond to produce a result through a subtle form of emotional/psychological bribery. religious freaks come to your door, greet you as happy, fulfilled people... then proceed to tell you why you are living in sin and why their style of life is better. the personal touch is the lever that they use to exercise power over you. if 'doing good deeds' was their SOLE AND ONLY intention... jehovas witnesses would file their junk nicely alongside all the other mail that comes through your letterbox every morning. instead they have the self-righteousness to assume that their 'message' is more important than "buy one lawnmower, get another half-price!", and so they knock and insist on wasting 15 minutes of your day with their cult bullshit.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
Polite harassment is still harassment. If you were inviting them to try a new restaurant or some shit, they probably wouldn't care, but religious beliefs are a deeply personal issue. Most folks don't appreciate strangers trying to engage them in conversation about it. There was some Mormon dude trying to talk to me on campus a few months ago, and again, he was being polite but persistent, which made me very uncomfortable, but I couldn't just tell him to fuck off because it would have been rude.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

If you don't want to spend 15 minutes with the J-dubs, tell them you're Wiccan.

lol
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i flat tell them to fuck off. ive had them call me on the phone too and ive proceeded to connect to the internet (dial-up days) to then hear them confusedly continue to try and continue their standard-bullshit recital. i have also openly told some religious people that i think god is non-existent, or god is dead, and that their organized religion is a joke. he-ey... if they want to be outwards and engage me about something that private, and bother me about it by taking the liberty to share their view of religion with me... i'll gladly reciprocate!
Ultrafunkula

Uzique wrote:

nah i got my homeboy l.ron for that
Had a document about the subject on tv on saturday. Ex members were speaking out loud about Sea Org and what not. Then there was a representative from Scientolgists side who was lying his ass off on camera. Hilarious stuff. Oh, I wish I'd taken that midi-chlorian test of theirs on Oxford street few years ago. Could've gotten a few lulz out of it.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio

Ultrafunkula wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

owned.  fucking owned.

get your cult off my door mat, shifty.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I haven't been to church since I was confirmed as a Catholic when I was a child.

Most of my views on life are pretty nihilistic but as far as church records go, I'm a Catholic. \o/
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6652
I've attended 2 masses in my entire life, and I wish I had the roughly six hours of my life back. 

"Blahblahblah, don't kill people or steal, blahblahblah, please donate..."

What a waste of time on a day off from work/school/whatever.

https://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z237/chickapay/elaine-seinfeld-devil-face-o.gif
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
i do regularly. but, you know, involuntary. the fuckers have build their bloody temple right under my windows and bang on their bells all the time - it's impossible for me not to "attend".

11 Bravo wrote:

fuck church
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
Never did, never will.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard