Poll

Who attends church regularly? Or tries to.

i do10%10% - 14
i dont, but im christian29%29% - 40
i dont, im not christian60%60% - 83
Total: 137
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

11 Bravo wrote:

no i didnt mean the post.  i meant the question in the OP
o idk, was just wondering
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Why do Christians, or any other belief, need to attend church?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

what about mosque?
same difference.  nutterpolooza
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
what about temple
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
I like the ancient roman and greek religion
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Human nature.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Dilbert_X wrote:

fuckin filthy puritan! you have to attend church and pay your taxes to your local diocese and kneel before your clergy!

cause, erm... god said so.

somewhere.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Only for weddings and other mandatory parties. Other than that, no.

If paradise has good weather I'm heading there. But if not, downstairs then. A warm place is the best for a man with a back injury

https://www.irreligion.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2qy3f.jpg

Wise man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Uzique wrote:

@unnamed: if you need to go to church to meet 'cool' people, god help you.

i'd prefer a fucking bar or a lecture-hall or something. somewhere where im not being dogmatized for being born.
I didn't say you needed to. I said you can.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
you can meet cool people in your bunk at a concentration camp... doesn't mean i wanna fucking go there.

shit argument
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
chuch
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Uzique wrote:

you can meet cool people in your bunk at a concentration camp... doesn't mean i wanna fucking go there.

shit argument
No, a shit argument is comparing church to a concentration camp. Come on...

Besides which, the quote you're arguing with specified "I kinda regret," not "you kinda regret."
11 Bravo
Banned

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

shit argument
true.  at least the people in the camp know they are getting fucked.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

shit argument
The difference being that church is voluntary (unless, of course, you have fanatical parents...then bleh).
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
look, assuming you put aside all the petty social bonuses and 'keeping up with the joneses' bullshit, people go to church to communicate and pay reverence to their lord/god/deity/priest's penis. saying that church is a good place to go to meet people is about as compelling an argument as saying you like to go swimming often so you can converse with dudes in the shower beforehand. if im feeling social, or like meeting someone new, there's 101 places i'd go before i got to 'attend church' on my list. period.

and you're right, comparing churches to concentration camps is poor, you're totally right. you don't get molested and made to feel as though your entire life is automatically in debt to some mysterious person at a concentration camp. you just get to die without any of that shit hanging over your head. i'll take the camp.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
I'm not all that big on make-believe invisible father figures in the sky - makes people all stabby and blowey-uppy too often.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-09-05 21:16:03)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

11 Bravo wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

shit argument
That's what makes church so exciting. It's like lotto. You never know when you might win a spin in the confession booth gloryhole.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

The churches I've been to had the srs bsns first, followed by 'Sunday school' srs bsns, which was pretty much followed by an hour or so of socializing until people got tired of standing around in uncomfortable shoes and left. To be honest, the atmosphere then (most of the time) beat the juvenile bullshit offered at schools, though I would have rather been at home playing Super Mario World.

There are some really poor excuses for priests and pastors out there, but the concentration camp analogy is still poor. If you want to go there, then parents should be banned because they too can be abusive.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
parents arent an institution set-up to take advantage of the poor and desperate, though...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Jesus Christ, people...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Uzique wrote:

parents arent an institution set-up to take advantage of the poor and desperate, though...
Unless they're abusive.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

fuckin filthy puritan! you have to attend church and pay your taxes to your local diocese and kneel before your clergy!

cause, erm... god said so.

somewhere.
imma gonna have to read the bible, koran and torah to see if you're trolling dammit
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Unless they're abusive.
sorry but at which point do 2 abusive parents become an 'institution'? wtf are you talking about?

churches are an institution. 2 parents looking after a child/children are an individual family unit. they are not the same thing.

dilbert: i think it was written as a p.s. to revelations or something. crammed in right at the end. just before the index.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
Sunday morning church
Sunday night bible study
Wednesday night study
Saturday afternoon door-knocking inviting folks to church

That's everything, I guess I'm pretty involved
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
11 Bravo
Banned

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Sunday morning church
Sunday night bible study
Wednesday night study
Saturday afternoon door-knocking inviting folks to church

That's everything, I guess I'm pretty involved
cult

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard