Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6544|San Diego, CA, USA

Reciprocity wrote:

Harmor wrote:

One note though on rentals, you have to be firm on your renters - they'll roll right over you if you try to give them any slack.  Besides the laws for eviction are on the renter's side - they basically get 2 months free rent before you can get the police to remove them.  I would pay the extra 10% to have a rental agency run a rental - its worth the hassle.
if they're renters they're most likely irresponsible liberals so of course they're gonna try and roll right over you.
Not necessarily.  Some have claimed to be church going conservatives to try to get their rent reduced/extended.  Its hard to tell, that's why its best to get a rental agency so you'll not managing any rental personally.

I was tempted to help my a family member a month ago as she goes though foreclosure, but you guys help convince me that it'll be a bad idea to be a landlord for a family member - for that I'm appreciative.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6623|IRELAND

ghettoperson wrote:

Some of it will be being spent on various trips as well, it's not all going to be boring Vegas for Halloween, New York for New Years (see what I did there?) and probably going to Ottawa to visit some friends in February.
You are doing the right thing investing. Your Gran probably worked her whole life to make the money she left you and you owe it to her to do something sensible with it. Something you can leave your kids.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6350

Bertster7 wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

My grandmother left me a fairly large sum of money in her will recently, and I was looking for some advice on where to invest it. Whilst I do have some small sums tied up in the stock market, this is more than I'd be willing to risk on that. So what are my options? Most savings accounts offer shitty returns and require me to lock up my money for 5 years or so to get anything worthwhile, which I don't really want to do in case I need a car or something once I graduate university. What do the more financially inclined forumites suggest?
Talk to a proffesional, Be ready to walk out if you get a bad vibe. Don't let tham push you into something you aren't comfortable with. If it seems to good to be true. . . ..
Good professionals cost lots of money. Not worth it unless investing 6 figure sums.
thanx - thought he was, I used Pros even when i was investing 20k - in 1980 tho
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6702
Invest in food and a well.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard