eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
uzique is just taking this position for shits and giggles
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Babies eventually grow into rational people with emotion. An animal won't jord.
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.
Yes but I'm not talking about what they become or what they'll feel/think in a few years.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

jord wrote:

Yes but I'm not talking about what they become or what they'll feel/think in a few years.
That's the same logic used against abortion.
jord

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

I'm not debating abortion, I merely stated everything that uzique said could be applied to human newborns.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

all of the above could be attributed to primal, root-level canine behaviourisms, though... pack-instinct, for example, with 'loyalty'.

the animal has no conscious, self-reflexive ability to discern, distinguish and 'trigger' these emotions, though.

and surely a large part of 'emotional' psychology is being able to identify said emotions and characterise them...
true but the people know what they are doing is causing mental and physical pain (associated with human feelings) yet continue to do it and enjoy it.  thats a mental defect.
by pain i mean the pain and suffering the human thinks they are inflicting.
Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

I'm not debating abortion, I merely stated everything that uzique said could be applied to human newborns.
I know, but your counterargument is flawed.  As Macbeth pointed out, it's a difference in potentials.
jord

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I know, but your counterargument is flawed.  As Macbeth pointed out, it's a difference in potentials.
Potential is irrelevant to my point, I'm discussing the pain and suffering of death. Throw either a puppy or a newborn into a river and they'll feel the same amount of pain but no awarness of why or how.

Last edited by jord (2010-09-03 10:57:15)

Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Potential is irrelevant to my point, I'm discussing the pain and suffering of death. Throw either a puppy or a newborn into a river and they'll feel the same amount of pain but no awarness of why or how.
Fair enough, but I separate human and animal rights.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6667|NJ
Fucked up people doing fucked up shit.. Third world countries don't care about animals the way we do..

Ohh well she'll get her come uppens.
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Fucked up people doing fucked up shit.. Third world countries don't care about animals the way we do..

Ohh well she'll get her come uppens.
Well, our meat industry does some fucked up shit to chickens, cows, and pigs.

I think it's a matter of what animals each society sympathizes with.

What we do to cows at slaughterhouses would greatly offend many Hindus.

On the other hand, we see the Chinese fur trade as barbaric because of how they skin foxes alive.

Canada and Norway have their own brutal indigenous practices of killing seals, while Japan has its own brutal killings of dolphins and whales.

Granted, one could argue that Japan killing dolphins crosses a different line than most, since dolphins are some of the most intelligent creatures out there.  Dolphins are relatively close to humans in intelligence.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
FUCK!

This thread makes me hate dogs even more. I wish I could fucking kill a dog right now.

I FUCKING HATE DOGS!
Turquoise
O Canada

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

FUCK!

This thread makes me hate dogs even more. I wish I could fucking kill a dog right now.

I FUCKING HATE DOGS!
You know, I think NYC does have some good Korean restaurants...   
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

Turquoise wrote:

FUCK!

I FUCKING HATE DOGS!
Yeah, China town has got the right idea.

No dogs in China town.

Or pigeons for that matter.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK

11 Bravo wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hey man look at all you guys defending animals and then in another thread you talk about how awesome bacon and bbq's are and how yum KFC is. I'm not talking about regular meat-eating, cos I eat meat too, I'm talking about gloating so much about eating meat and such and how manly it is, and how bacon is the best thing ever.

If you're going to hop on the poor animals band wagon then don't gloat about how awesome it is to hunt and have bacon and bbq's and all that shit.

Yes, you're killing them for food rather than fun or to appease psychopathic tendencies, but dead is dead, alright? The animal isn't going to care if you killed it for fun or food because it's still god damn dead.
dead is not dead.  would you want to be killed instantly or be raped with a broom stick first?  fuck sake you people have such fucking issues.
this
jord

FUCK!

I FUCKING HATE DOGS!
Great contribution as always.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
https://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2396/sarahmac.jpg
put your money where you mouth is, make a conscious effort or stfu
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
all lies

the day everyone stops eating meat thats when this torturing animal shit is gone
jord

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

all lies

the day everyone stops eating meat thats when this torturing animal shit is gone
This thread or the video have nothing to do with eating meat, the animals weren't killed to eat. You really are a shit troll, at least pace put some effort into it. Stop posting moron.

Last edited by jord (2010-09-04 02:43:42)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

all lies

You can still slaughter an animal humanely.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Turquoise wrote:

FUCK!

I FUCKING HATE DOGS!

No dogs in China town.

That is pretty suspicious.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

AussieReaper wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

No dogs in China town.

That is pretty suspicious.
We keep the streets clean in the china town gwai lao
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rdx-fx
+955|6562
Puppies and Children, people get worked up over.

Dogs and Adults, people can barely be bothered to give a shit.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

rdx-fx wrote:

blonde white girls
jord

rdx-fx wrote:

Animals can't defend themselves against humans.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard