Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
Never actually owned an Apple product, probably because I've either not been able to afford one, or already had an alternative when the apple product in hand came out.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

PSP and BlackBerry are my mp3 players
PSP imo has a fantastic sound quality, defo my fav SQ wise portable player (until I get the HM-602 that is)
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

Uzique wrote:

i wonder how many people here have owned an iPod...

the tech-industry statistics have got to correlate with the bf2s bandwagon, somehow...
Whats your point?  A company can make good and bad products...

I have an iPod Touch and its a beautiful piece of technology.  I'd like it even more if the headphone jack still worked more than 25% of the time though   I guess it did last me a good 2.5 years...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
people don't hate specific apple products for their shortcomings though, do they... that's far too intelligent!

instead it's the likes of floppy using apple tv to make the comment: "all apple products are useless and over-priced".

well... no.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

Well this wouldnt even be discussed if you didnt get successfully trolled by him.  I think most of us here agree that Apple makes some great products, but some are awful, such as this one (iTV).

Maybe after revision 3 or 4 it might be good, if they notice that there is an actual demand for playback instead of just purchasing.  I would guess that it wont happen though since they want to make oodles of money through people buying shows and movies off of their service.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6394|dm_maidenhead
I've had a silver ipod mini, red nano and a 32gb ipod touch. Ipods are cool.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Uzique wrote:

roooooooofl

floppy i would love to spend a day in your head
no srsly,,

For some reason apple choses to cripple it's products for no reason...

The iPhone mk1 shipped with next-to-no features compared to other smartphones and most of their producs are like that...

They can't be blamed for not "playing games" or having as good compability as windows, because that's simply caused by most software beeing developed for win.

And media players are the opposite though, mp3 players having useless features and gimmicks,,

meh, I dunno.. there is no end to how much I hate apple as a company...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
.Sup
be nice
Apple's marketing is actually quite ingenious
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

.Sup wrote:

What, bashing other products?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-09-02 15:48:05)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

Uzique wrote:

i wonder how many people here have owned an iPod...

the tech-industry statistics have got to correlate with the bf2s bandwagon, somehow...
I've got an Ipod somewhere, got it for free when signing up for a bank account. Haven't used it since I got my first phone that could play music.

Uzique wrote:

people don't hate specific apple products for their shortcomings though, do they... that's far too intelligent!

instead it's the likes of floppy using apple tv to make the comment: "all apple products are useless and over-priced".

well... no.
Nope, everybody hates apple products based on generalizations so that they can fit into your generalizations.

Last edited by Nic (2010-09-02 16:55:47)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

.Sup wrote:

What, bashing other products?
It works and it made them god knows how much money.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

roooooooofl

no srsly,,

The iPhone mk1 shipped with next-to-no features compared to other smartphones and most of their producs are like that...

They can't be blamed for not "playing games" or having as good compability as windows, because that's simply caused by most software beeing developed for win.

And media players are the opposite though, mp3 players having useless features and gimmicks,,

wait, so first they release stuff with 'next to no features' and then they're releasing gadgets with 'useless features and gimmicks'?

what gimmicks does the ipod have, exactly? i've owned a 160Gb one since it was released... very happy with it. nothing else can make so much of my music library mobile and instantly accessible, anywhere. the audio quality and file browsing is of a very acceptable standard- nothing to complain about, as such. the ipod also triggered and fuelled one of the biggest changes in the consumption and culture of music in the mp3-age... pretty much single-handedly making music portable and easy to play for everyone, post-walkman.

how do macbooks have 'next to no features', exactly? im intrigued. same for their desktops... please, do tell. most of the creative design, video, music and journalism industries seem to disagree with you there. hmm. one bitter bedroom-nerd versus millions of career professionals that use and rely upon apple technology every single day for their vocation. tough one... your argument may yet sway me.

marketing based on bashing other companies? how stupid are you? even the dumbest of dumb shits could tell you that a large amount of apple's success in modern-days is because of their branding and 'image'. that's all achieved by their marketing: iconic advertising campaigns, such as the original iPod advert, made an absolutely huge impact on consumers. it made a technological gadget accessible and understandable and, most importantly, desirable to every single average consumer of electronics. the vector-image advert campaigns were genius. you have even posted screenshots of apple-styled adverts... from in-game of starcraft 2. THAT is how big their marketing influence is. where's the microsoft zune references in gaming and contemporary media? ah, wait. not even going to mention the iphone/app store adverts... if there's one thing you cant really criticize apple on, it's how they do their company branding and marketing. they obviously spend top dollar for top results. period.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-09-02 18:58:21)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6189|Winland

Uzique wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

roooooooofl

no srsly,,

wait, so first they release stuff with 'next to no features' and then they're releasing gadgets with 'useless features and gimmicks'?
Without regard for the rest of your post, I must say that they tend to literally do this. Stuff like the first Iphone and 3G. They first release stuff, lacking features that apparently are 'un-necessary', only to later re-release them with those features. That just sounds like a dick move to me.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6357|California
i have a 2005 ipod nano, first iphone, iphone 3gs, and now a 3rd gen 32gb ipod touch, and  a 13" macbook pro
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Any car more expensive, flashier or complex than a Ford is over-priced, too flashy and overcomplicated.
Everyone who doesn't buy a Ford is a dick who's just buying for the badge on the front and because they're stupid.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
iPads and Macs make me cringe. but others are pretty good tbh.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Benzin
+576|5990

Dilbert_X wrote:

Any car more expensive, flashier or complex than a Ford is over-priced, too flashy and overcomplicated.
Everyone who doesn't buy a Ford is a dick who's just buying for the badge on the front and because they're stupid.
sarcasm alert, sarcasm alert! danger, will robinson, danger!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

Still have my Creative Zen ... works like a charm
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6623|Finland

I used to use my Creative Zen for everything, but since getting an iPhone, I'm using that as my primary mp3-player.

However, on E.g. long business-trips, I'd rather empty the battery of my Zen than iPhone by watching movies/TV-shows, regardless of the difference in screen size.

Nobody likes an empty phone battery.

Another thing about the iPhone: It definitely wouldn't suck if the charger chord was a lot longer. If you're going to make a product with the battery life of one day, you could at least make charging a bit more convenient.
I need around tree fiddy.
.Sup
be nice

DonFck wrote:

I used to use my Creative Zen for everything,
Envious. I wish my MP3 players could do ironing instead me
Benzin
+576|5990

DonFck wrote:

Another thing about the iPhone: It definitely wouldn't suck if the charger chord was a lot longer. If you're going to make a product with the battery life of one day, you could at least make charging a bit more convenient.
That's the same complaint I have with this Nokia C6 that I've been given to use temporarily but it's more the USB cord. Clearly this was marketed at people that own laptops because the cord is literally only about 2.5" long...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Well this wouldnt even be discussed if you didnt get successfully trolled by him.  I think most of us here agree that Apple makes some great products, but some are awful, such as this one (iTV).

Maybe after revision 3 or 4 it might be good, if they notice that there is an actual demand for playback instead of just purchasing.  I would guess that it wont happen though since they want to make oodles of money through people buying shows and movies off of their service.
This is revision 3 of it I believe. Certainly not the first version.

This looks way better than it used to (and about half the price). For the Apple crowd who buy EVERYTHING from iTunes, it actually looks fairly decent.

For more sensible people who don't buy loads and loads from iTunes, it looks a pretty poor alternative to the competition.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

DonFck wrote:

That's the same complaint I have with this Nokia C6 that I've been given to use temporarily but it's more the USB cord. Clearly this was marketed at people that own laptops because the cord is literally only about 2.5" long...
Ey. Those rubbery Nokia USB cables are bloody awesome.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
Jesus christ Freezer you have more British manorisms than I do.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6189|Winland

Finray wrote:

Jesus christ Freezer you have more British manorisms than I do.
Of course I do, you're a smelly Scotsman. You guys barely even speak English.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard