2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6787|EUR
Noob tubing? Taking skill. Hah!
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

MuseSeeker wrote:

last time I checked, the G3 didn't have a grenade launcher you tosser.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6721|Charlie One Alpha

MuseSeeker wrote:

After they nerved it, yes it takes skill. That's why nobody has the guts to use it anymore, except me and a couple of other people who do have the skill. I have seriously NEVER died from a hostile GL shot since 1.20, while I have used it to kill many a foe. I've only really started using Assault after 1.21.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-05-05 08:29:19)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
I prefer the M16 over the G3, it's like a crappy G36E (which i think is so easy to use it's a noob weapon, but thats just opinions) but it does the job well. Everyone is different. I think the AK47 is more accurate than the 101 but has a crapper GL (dunno, just feels like that for me)

The M16 should be more like the G36E and the AK's are roughly fine. Maybe a little bit more accurate but overall they are ok. I don't see DICE making the assault kit better.

Btw ''noob toobing'' takes more skill than killing someone with a G36E/Grenade/L85A1 (which everyone uses). I've said it before: After i unlocked the L85/G36E my KDR for Medic went from .4 to 1.1 in like a couple of rounds. (Medic is my least played kit) so easy to use, and you guys say the GL takes no skill?

Opinions.
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6652|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer

JaM3z wrote:

Take the medics, ok they have a kickass gun but they dont actually do anything, the most frustrating thing about this game is when a friendly medic runs over your dead body and doesnt revive you, or the way you have to spam "i need a medic here" in the HUD, same goes for support, ok they get a not so powerful PKM anymore but you still have to spam "i need ammo here" in the HUD aswell.
i always contribute to my team, i throw out ammo bags i good hiding places, throw down two bags on snipers, and i always, ALWAYS revive teammates, i dont understand why people wouldnt, but i do agree when medics dont revive or give health that is infuriating, but most people seem to be pretty good about it, most medics dont play as that kit for the kills
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6702|Tampa Bay Florida
I <3 this thread.  I often play as Assault, and with the stock weapons, I can't stand the F2000 (it looks cool tho) and the G3 may be good some times but it feels more like a medic weapon for me.

M16A2 is my favorite.  Most people think it's a noob weapon, but it's actually one of the best in the game, if you have enough time with it.
yuck7777
+12|6786|USA

CGS_Junior wrote:

I personally think I am the best assualt player in the game.  I play on the blackops server all the time when I play.  East coast server.  But I dont get to play that many hours.
Not even close!!!!!!!!!!
yuck7777
+12|6786|USA

MuseSeeker wrote:

like you would know!! you have no skill!!!
Turtle
+7|6769|Boulder, CO
I prefer the f2000 personally, it's powerful, accurate and has a 30 round clip plus a gl. Of course since the patch the gl is practically useless, I always used it to blow up jeeps trying to run ppl over but now it seems to almost always just bounce off and make a little wisp of smoke on the ground.. The G3 was my first unlock, it's a nice gun, very powerful but it just doesn't suit my ramboesque style of gameplay.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

yuck7777 wrote:

CGS_Junior wrote:

I personally think I am the best assualt player in the game.  I play on the blackops server all the time when I play.  East coast server.  But I dont get to play that many hours.
Not even close!!!!!!!!!!
Careful, he will challenge you to a duel.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6722
would like to see some purely assault kit games on a unranked server though just for a laugh, but out of all the class's assault has to be my favorite.

If i wasnt going for expert spec ops right now i would play it a hell of alot more i userally do 2 round spec ops and then one round assault, and to tell the truth IMO the spec op guns suck so much.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6768|United States of America
AK-47 is still the best assault rifle. Just look at Wake Island and how much damage you can dish out when capturing any base.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6702|Tampa Bay Florida

Miller wrote:

AK-47 is still the best assault rifle. Just look at Wake Island and how much damage you can dish out when capturing any base.
The assualt rifles are completely irrelevant to the map.  Sorry dude.  I've played 90 hours of Wake, and I can honestly tell you that both sides have an equal chance of winning on that map.  As having almost 90 hours playing as Assault, I can tell you that we have a very different opinion on what the best assault rifle is.

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-05-05 10:30:52)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

Spearhead wrote:

Miller wrote:

The assualt rifles are completely irrelevant to the map.  Sorry dude.  I've played 90 hours of Wake, and I can honestly tell you that both sides have an equal chance of winning on that map.  As having almost 90 hours playing as Assault, I can tell you that we have a very different opinion on what the best assault rifle is.
G3 on the Great Wall owns my friend.  Your statement is incorrect IMO.
MuseSeeker
+110|6787|EUR
Wow being called a tosser for sharing an opinion.
golgoj4
+51|6786|North Hollywood
my 2 cents...

#1 all u guys talking about how the tube doesnt kill everyone like it should blah blah blah..a lot of the weapons in this game dont. Well, its a game. If you cant kill with it maybe its cuz u suck with it? Practice. A weapon is a tool, not the end all, solve all. Hence the reason i ran up an knifed some idiot yesterday who couldnt hit the broadside of a barn...

#2 i really need to use the g3 apparently. i have it unlocked but i prefer the m16 what can i say? call it a hold over from my Navy gun qualifications...

#3 I think assault is a pretty sweet class in that your only true goal is offence. Then encourages players to push forward and confront the enemy which thusly benefits the team (depending on the outcome)

i havent really used the assault class as i have been wanting to do other stuff but its gonna be in again with me, eventually. Besides, the whole reason i play is to fly attack helos
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

MuseSeeker wrote:

Wow being called a tosser for sharing an opinion.
No, I called you a tosser because you are wrong.  There is more to the assault class than the "noob toob."
MuseSeeker
+110|6787|EUR
I was stating an opinion, you cant be wrong with opinions. Sorry if im dissing your precious assualt. I know it takes more then the Glauncher, I was just saying that I think the Glauncher doesnt take much practice to use.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6741|Louisiana
I select my class based on what's going on around me, but I use Assault as my general all-purpose class. And I do pretty well with it. I said that Assault was the "most useless" class in the other thread because it doesn't do anything that other classes can't do (aside from smoke grenades and flashbangs, but these aren't as important to a team as, say, a Medic's healing and revive abilities or the AT's rockets). I agree that the assault rifles are the best weapons in the game, with the AK-101 being the best and the M16 and AK-47 tied IMO - the M16 trades power for accuracy and vice versa for the AK-47, while the AK-101 is a nice mix of the two. The G3, however, I hardly ever use; I feel the AK-47 outperforms it, doing only 2 less damage than the G3, with more accuracy, and 10 more rounds per magazine.

I play mostly on Wake 24/7 servers... I play a lot on Axxium (I think that's what it's called) and I used to play on Moders 24/7 before it inexplicably changed to 24/7 Gulf of Oman, even though the server name still says 24/7 Wake.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

MuseSeeker wrote:

I was stating an opinion, you cant be wrong with opinions. Sorry if im dissing your precious assualt. I know it takes more then the Glauncher, I was just saying that I think the Glauncher doesnt take much practice to use.
And what weapon does take practice?
MuseSeeker
+110|6787|EUR
In my opinion the sniper rifle, aiming for the head is tricky. Why are you changing the subject isnt this about assualt?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

MuseSeeker wrote:

In my opinion the sniper rifle, aiming for the head is tricky. Why are you changing the subject isnt this about assualt?
The sniper rifle takes just as much time to master as does the GL or any weapon for that matter.
MuseSeeker
+110|6787|EUR
Ok and your point is?
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6583|Austin , TX
Uhm guys flashbangs rock! If 3 enemies are prone at a flag (i.e. Sharqui Hotel..) you just pop one or two down there an have your way with the enemy. I got 6 guys in under 30 seconds that way the other day an was so happy (i suck). F2000 is really not that bad if you patiently shoot it, and for close quarters its rather fun. Just my opinion though.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6774

MuseSeeker wrote:

Ok and your point is?
I was trying to find out what you meant by "practice"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard