11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5390|Cleveland, Ohio
and not everyone gets the box.  thats a smaller sample size.  i just have the meter.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507

Jaekus wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i wonder what the chances of me opening a KKK office next door would be....
pretty good if it would benefit the democrats, except it's more of a republican thing if anything ( see Byrd )
fixt
Stay current please, Byrd is a Democrat and its ok that he was in the Klan now.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6558|North Carolina
Ok...  I have to admit...  I loled.
Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

pretty good if it would benefit the democrats, except it's more of a republican thing if anything ( see Byrd )
fixt
Well, if we're staying current, Byrd is dead.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5390|Cleveland, Ohio
dont be cheeky, turq
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

So how many of you would vote based on a persons religion?

Would you vote for a Jew?

Would you vote for an atheist?

Would you vote for a Muslim?

What about a Hindu?

What about it shouldn't fucking matter what a persons religion is when deciding if they are fit to be President? As long as they aren't trying to elevate one religion above the rest, they're doing their fucking job.
Somehow or another, the self-styled constitutionalists are very quiet about things like religious equality.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6591
Fairly certain Fox is just out to keep the left and right APPEARING to be opposite.  Naturally upon first watching the News channel, it appeared set on a right wing agenda, and acting as if to balance out the liberal (sic) media. 

Now I am getting the hankering suspicion that it's merely a cog in a brilliant ploy to keep us engaged about left vs right, and not wrong vs right.  Incite the public to argue about inconsequential issues, and then make the puppets dance.  The second highest shareholder of NewsCorp is one of the top financiers of the Ground Zero Islamic center, oh and also a Saudi Prince. Rupert Murdoch shockingly (and correctly) predicted and in some ways encouraged Obama's win long before any Conservative I knew even thought he had a legitimate shot. 

Then you look at their actual TV programming on FOX, COMPLETE reversal of the "moral highground" spouted by their insane talking heads on it's "news" channel. 

Murdoch may be a fucking genius....
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6869

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Fairly certain Fox is just out to keep the left and right APPEARING to be opposite.  Naturally upon first watching the News channel, it appeared set on a right wing agenda, and acting as if to balance out the liberal (sic) media. 

Now I am getting the hankering suspicion that it's merely a cog in a brilliant ploy to keep us engaged about left vs right, and not wrong vs right.  Incite the public to argue about inconsequential issues, and then make the puppets dance.  The second highest shareholder of NewsCorp is one of the top financiers of the Ground Zero Islamic center, oh and also a Saudi Prince. Rupert Murdoch shockingly (and correctly) predicted and in some ways encouraged Obama's win long before any Conservative I knew even thought he had a legitimate shot. 

Then you look at their actual TV programming on FOX, COMPLETE reversal of the "moral highground" spouted by their insane talking heads on it's "news" channel. 

He is. It's good business.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6827|Canberra, AUS

oChaos.Haze wrote:

May be?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507

Turquoise wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

fixt
yea I know they luaded him " That KKK thing ? oh well he's just a Good ole Boy - yuk yuk " made me fcukin sic.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-25 15:49:18)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507

Turquoise wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

a. A Muslim imam is trying to get a mosque built at ground Zero.

Turquoise wrote:

It's basically an Islamic YMCA, not a true mosque..
Thats even worse , Do you know what Y.M.C.A. stands for and what it does?.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

b. Gay marrige was voted down by the people in California and is being reinstated by the Court system against their will.

Turquoise wrote:

True, the courts do that sometimes -- like with the racial integration of schools..
That was a good example of the court system at work FIFTY YEARS AGO ! ! ! when it wasn't staffed entirely by left wing Liberal Elitists from N.Y.C. By the way it was overruling unconstitutionality being foisted upon blacks by the Democratic party.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

He has. on at least two known occasions referred to his Faith as Muslim only to be corrected twice by his interviewers.

Turquoise wrote:

Sources please..
sigh - some one beat me to it .

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Wrong. They are a News Organization - Not Opinion Editorial like michael moore. They would be sued if they Did.

Turquoise wrote:

Fox is actually very editorial in much of its coverage. Granted, so are a lot of other media organizations, but sue cases are usually only present when a strong case can be made for things like defamation.
There is Programing on Fox that is Op-Ed but Fox News is Not Editorial and by far the most Un-Bais. The rest are far left. Examples abound. The very fact that you never saw obama referring to his" muslim faith "speaks volumes. Did you catch his " I've been to 57 states so far, I think I got 1 more to go, they wont let me go to Alaska or Hawaii"*on the Networks ? You strike me as intelligent and educated yet you were shielded from this ( not by Fox ) do you know about his Pastor?, Were he had his political coming out party ? that he attended PLO functions. Take obama's commencement speech at Notre Dame, a Well know Catholic (Christian) School. obama had the statue of Jesus covered during his stay, ( I have no idea why )( ya think he'd do that to a muslim shrine ?- Really / - Honestly /) People and Students protested his presence over his Pro abortion stand. Fox merely pointed out their presence and made a comment the graduates with Little Babies Feet stenciled on their mortar boards were also showing the belief in the Right to Life point of view. NBC News said " the protesters were wrong because we all need to find commonality with each other and Not protest each others beliefs "
PS-WTF do I need to find commonality with everyone ? Charles Manson, Leroy Nieman ? and L.L. Cool Jay?

*How did he get into Harvard ( I can guess ) and was he on the short bus wearing a Hockey Helmet ?

I would love to see Examples of Bias by Fox News. they go after the DNC and GOP.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-25 16:40:57)

Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

yea I know they luaded him " That KKK thing ? oh well he's just a Good ole Boy - yuk yuk " made me fcukin sic.
Strom Thurmond was lauded despite remaining a racist his whole life -- the same goes for Jesse Helms.

I think what separates Byrd from those two is that he changed over time.
Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Thats even worse , Do you know what Y.M.C.A. stands for and what it does?
Hey, I don't have a problem with the Village People. 

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

That was a good example of the court system at work FIFTY YEARS AGO ! ! ! when it wasn't staffed entirely by left wing Liberal Elitists from N.Y.C. By the way it was overruling unconstitutionality being foisted upon blacks by the Democratic party.
You're very selectively "current."  You take issue with a 50 year old example, but then go on to emphasize the party involved as if their current stance resembles that policy.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

There is Programing on Fox that is Op-Ed but Fox News is Not Editorial and by far the most Un-Bais. The rest are far left. Examples abound. The very fact that you never saw obama referring to his" muslim faith "speaks volumes. Did you catch his " I've been to 57 states so far, I think I got 1 more to go, they wont let me go to Alaska or Hawaii"*on the Networks ? You strike me as intelligent and educated yet you were shielded from this ( not by Fox ) do you know about his Pastor?, Were he had his political coming out party ? that he attended PLO functions. Take obama's commencement speech at Notre Dame, a Well know Catholic (Christian) School. obama had the statue of Jesus covered during his stay, ( I have no idea why )( ya think he'd do that to a muslim shrine ?- Really / - Honestly /) People and Students protested his presence over his Pro abortion stand. Fox merely pointed out their presence and made a comment the graduates with Little Babies Feet stenciled on their mortar boards were also showing the belief in the Right to Life point of view. NBC News said " the protesters were wrong because we all need to find commonality with each other and Not protest each others beliefs "
PS-WTF do I need to find commonality with everyone ? Charles Manson, Leroy Nieman ? and L.L. Cool Jay?

*How did he get into Harvard ( I can guess ) and was he on the short bus wearing a Hockey Helmet ?

I would love to see Examples of Bias by Fox News. they go after the DNC and GOP.
Well, I guess all I can say is that you seem to recognize biases when they come from the left, but you seem to ignore the ones from the right....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6804|USA

JohnG@lt wrote:

Culture Wars: Religion May Decide Crucial Midterm Elections
"The Ground Zero mosque. Gay marriage in California. The president's religion. With just over two months to go until November, curveball social issues have jolted a campaign season that until now has been about job creation and fiscal discipline."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08 … -november/

All stories created by Fox (well, not the gay marriage thing). Funny that
You mean these stories were created by Fox? NONE of them actully happened? Wow!!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6827|Canberra, AUS
So a 50 year old court case is considered too old to be irrelevant, but the state of a political party 150 years ago is completely and totally relevant?

Hmm. Some very typical H/J cherrypicking going on there.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

You're very selectively "current."  You take issue with a 50 year old example, but then go on to emphasize the party involved as if their current stance resembles that policy..
my point basicaly was they havent made a decent ruling in 50 years;

Have you looked at the make up of the Supreme Court lately or even the last two appointees ?

Do you feel they reflect the American People ? ? and For the record,

It is the Left that keeps minoirties down.
Now and Then,

it was THE DEMOCRATS who fought intergration tooth and nail and Now -

Everyone knows that all their projects and plans Fail and keeps minorities  as a needy - dependent voter base. convenient !

Everyone also knows if your cat, dog, falcon etc. learns to eat what it hunts it instantly become independent and goes off on its own.

"Give me a Fish ...Teach me a fish . . ."   You get it.

Do you think the Democrats would be Drooling   over " Amnesty for Illegals " if they weren't

a ready made welfare dependent Democratic voting block ?... . .  be honest

Hunter wrote:

AGAIN

Turquoise wrote:

Well, I guess all I can say is that you seem to recognize biases when they come from the left, but you seem to ignore the ones from the right....
some jokes and observation but you really didn't address one point.

This forum is very good now that the #$^%# are gone. The intellect level is stimulating, Even the antis are really intelligent and learned in their responses, It lifts the state of discourse to a productive level.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-27 05:24:48)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507

Spark wrote:

So a 50 year old court case is considered too old to be irrelevant, but the state of a political party 150 years ago is completely and totally relevant?

Hmm. Some very typical H/J cherrypicking going on there.
totally missed the point - Read above

Ps would love to see some example of ( typical H/J cherrypicking )

PPs typical ? ? ?  I hadn't posted for almost two years. A big lapse, What could I be doing that is typical. . .  JESUS

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-08-27 04:57:34)

Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

my point basicaly was they havent made a decent ruling in 50 years;
I don't know...  I think the ruling against executing retarded people is a good one.  What about the Supreme Court's defense of the 2nd Amendment against citywide gun bans?

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Have you looked at the make up of the Supreme Court lately or even the last two appointees ?

Do you feel they reflect the American People ? ?
Yes.  4 conservatives (Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito), 4 liberals (Kagan, Sotomayor, Ginsberg, Breyer), and 1 moderate (Kennedy).  That's pretty balanced.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

and For the record,

It is the Left that keeps minoirties down.
Now and Then,

it was THE DEMOCRATS who fought intergration tooth and nail and Now -

Everyone knows that all their projects and plans Fail and keeps minorities  as a needy - dependent voter base. convenient !

Everyone also knows if your cat, dog, falcon etc. learns to eat what it hunts it instantly become independent and goes off on its own.

"Give me a Fish ...Teach me a fish . . ."   You get it.

Do you think the Democrats would be Drooling   over " Amnesty for Illegals " if they weren't

a ready made welfare dependent Democratic voting block ?... . .  be honest
While Democrats surely profit from patronizing minorities, the illegal immigration problem is a result of both parties compromising our system.

Democrats lean towards amnesty for the reason you listed, but Republicans don't do much about it, because a lot of their base includes small business owners that profit from the cheap labor they get from illegals.  This is most blatantly demonstrated by how nearly every major attempt at dealing with illegal immigration doesn't address what to do with employers of illegals -- the root cause of the problem.

Hunter wrote:

AGAIN

Turquoise wrote:

some jokes and observation but you really didn't address one point.

This forum is very good now that the #$^%# are gone. The intellect level is stimulating, Even the antis are really intelligent and learned in their responses, It lifts the state of discourse to a productive level.
We've gone back and forth about media bias.  I really don't want to start a "tit for tat" debate involving listing examples of bias.  Part of the issue is that the perception of bias itself is often very subjective anyway.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5412|foggy bottom
the supreme court is made up mostly of conservatives.  5 out of 9
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada

eleven bravo wrote:

the supreme court is made up mostly of conservatives.  5 out of 9
Kennedy was appointed by Reagan, but he's not really a conservative.  He sometimes sides with the liberal Justices -- like in the infamous eminent domain ruling a few years ago.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5412|foggy bottom
he may have gone against the other conservatives as a wild card but he still sides with those guys most of the time, especially matters regarding religion
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada

eleven bravo wrote:

he may have gone against the other conservatives as a wild card but he still sides with those guys most of the time, especially matters regarding religion
I suppose you could say he's right of center.  Granted, I guess it's also a matter of perspective.

The conservative Justices are all pretty conservative, whereas Kagan and Sotomayor may end up being moderately liberal.  Kennedy is still comparatively liberal when looking at Alito, Thomas, Scalia, and even Roberts, but he's obviously nowhere near as liberal as Ginsberg.  He's also more conservative than Breyer, Kagan, and Sotomayor.

Either way, you could argue that the Court is slightly more conservative than the mainstream.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5412|foggy bottom
5 out of 9
Tu Stultus Es
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6507
so we can all safely agree Fox News didn't create stories. Shall we move on to NBC ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard