Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
sometimes my I/O freezes up when my hard-drive is throwing a shit-fit.

consider running some sector scans and/or defragging your main OS-drive/partition?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

CapnNismo wrote:

Which is better: the EVGA 460 1GB vanilla or the EVGA 460 768MB SuperClocked? The SuperClocked is in this case €10 cheaper.
Higher clocks don't make up for 64 more bits of data transfer
Spoiler (highlight to read):
and by that I mean the 1GB version

Run along, Uzique, tech nerds are talking.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
enjoy buying better cards for applications you dont need / games that aren't worth the expenditure, anyway.

whatever boosts that benchmark score!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Benzin
+576|5968
It's all about future-proofing.
Benzin
+576|5968
Hot tip for you Goliathus users: if your pad gets really cruddy with your rubbed off skin, just chuck it in the washing machine at 30°C. Takes a bit of time to dry (best to let it dry over night, maybe drape it over a heater in winter?) but comes out silky smooth.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

CapnNismo wrote:

It's all about future-proofing.
for what? modern warfare 7: Mars Attacks?

i'll pass on the £500 upgrade fees
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
My T410 arrived

SSD and 2GB of additional RAM installed, also bought a backpack for it.

I'm ready for my last year of Gymnasium .

Currently putting up Ubuntu. The Linux kernel supports TRIM, is it an automated function or do you need to manually do it?
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
TRIM is auto iirc
Mugen
+19|5969
If it's only 10€ apart get the 1Gb. Any GTX460 easily reaches the clocks of the EVGA 460 768MB SuperClocked.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6779|Nårvei

Seems like the mouse and keyboard issue solved itself after a virus-scan and malware-scan ... found nothing but problem is gone
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

Wait guys, GTX 470 price is cutted to 250€, this could mean 460 price cuts are not very far.

I think it won't hurt wait a little before grabbing that gtx 460... also HD5 will soon get price slash before the HD6 is launched, putting more pressure towards nvidia to respond with price cuts of their own.

Competition sure is good for consumers.

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-08-23 14:37:31)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
mikkel
+383|6571

Finray wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Which is better: the EVGA 460 1GB vanilla or the EVGA 460 768MB SuperClocked? The SuperClocked is in this case €10 cheaper.
Higher clocks don't make up for 64 more bits of data transfer
and by that I mean the 1GB version

Run along, Uzique, tech nerds are talking.
What kind of video card magic makes it impossible to make up for a narrower bus by increasing the clock rate?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Wait guys, GTX 470 price is cutted to 250€, this could mean 460 price cuts are not very far.

I think it won't hurt wait a little before grabbing that gtx 460... also HD5 will soon get price slash before the HD6 is launched, putting more pressure towards nvidia to respond with price cuts of their own.

god news for me as I was thinking of getting a better card now that Mafia 2 is out and 250€ is my preferred price range. How much do you think 460 will be after price cut.?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6384|Finland

All depends which resolution and how much AA he is gonna use. But heck you can OC the 1GB model yourself so get that and leave the 768MB OC to the fools.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
mikkel
+383|6571

.Sup wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

god news for me as I was thinking of getting a better card now that Mafia 2 is out and 250€ is my preferred price range. How much do you think 460 will be after price cut.?
I doubt you'll see nVidia cutting GTX 460 prices significantly any time soon. They're undercutting parts of their own lineup to grab the $200 market, and that typically doesn't leave much space for discounts.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6384|Finland

.Sup wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

190€ would be good bet for 1GB, this store seems to have already updated its 470 prices and dropped the GTX 460 1GB to extremely good deal.

https://www.alternate.de/html/product/G … C/409868/?

e: mikkel see ^

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2010-08-23 15:21:53)

hai everyone. new windows questiones!
just installed windows 7. thought i'd ask what i should look out for before i maybe perhaps come across problem.

What partition style do I need to do? MBR or GPT?
i have a 500gb and 2 tera on the second. i plan to add more drives later

what do you recommend w/graphics card drivers? should i get the latest first? or use the one in disk..?
GTX460

is there an order i should follow for driver install blah blah?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6490|Austin, Texas
mobo driver CD first (chipset)
latest drivers for video card
audio driver too perhaps
then w/e, go nuts

no clue about partitions

Last edited by Bevo (2010-08-23 18:05:21)

doing GPT,, video drivers now here we go

cheeers
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Yeah always install from the website, the ones on the CD are only useful if you've not installed your motherboard drivers for internet, or wireless adapter yet.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Benzin
+576|5968
YES! Going over to Alternate to place an order for my parts! I love computer shopping!
CammRobb
Banned
Trying to free up all the freea-upable space on my HDD, where do I find Steam games that I don't play so I can uninstall them?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6255|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

CammRobb wrote:

Trying to free up all the freea-upable space on my HDD, where do I find Steam games that I don't play so I can uninstall them?
Are you kidding me?
Steam -> Right click on game -> Remove local content
/facepalm
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
CammRobb
Banned
not too swtiched on today, thanks
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6255|Denmark aka Automotive Hell