ATG
Banned
+5,233|6522|Global Command
The effort began in California and Arizona, and coordinated 1075 Border Patrol  agents, along with state and local police agencies, to mount an aggressive crackdown. Tactics employed included going as far as systematic police sweeps of Mexican-American neighborhoods, and random stops and ID checks of "Mexican-looking" people in a region with many Native Americans and native Hispanics. In some cases, illegal immigrants were deported along with their American-born minor dependent children. Some 750 agents targeted agricultural areas with a goal of 1,000 apprehensions per day. By the end of July, over 50,000 immigrants were caught in the two states. An estimated 488,000 illegal immigrants are claimed to have left voluntarily, for fear of being apprehended. By September, 80,000 had been taken into custody in Texas, and the INS estimated that 500,000 to 700,000 had left Texas of their own accord. To discourage illicit re-entry, buses and trains took many deportees deep within Mexican territory prior to releasing them. Tens of thousands more were deported by two chartered ships, the Emancipation and the Mercurio. The ships ferried them from Port Isabel, Texas, to Veracruz, Mexico, more than 500 miles (800 kilometers) to the south. Some were taken as far as 1,000 miles. Deportation by sea was ended after seven deportees jumped overboard from the Mercurio and drowned, provoking a mutiny that led to a public outcry in Mexico.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

Here's another one that meant exactly jackshit;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracero_Program

And another;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gatekeeper

And another;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_Movement

And another;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prop_187

And this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta … noni-Ponce

And now we have the giant festering wound that is the leper cousin to our South.

I know what my vision of immigration reform is, and that is a temporary worker program.

What's yours?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6541|San Diego, CA, USA
22 states are in the works creating Arizona-like laws right now.

Enforcement first; fence the border; I-9 Worker checks; Amend 14th Amendment to not automatically become a citizen if both of your parents are illegal; no illegal kids in schools; no illegals getting benefits; fine employers who hire illegals; and allow cops to check immigration status on someone without a driver's license are just some things I think we need.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6358|California
i would like to see a cop pull over a mexican cop
lololol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

DST.

Could be an interesting border issues discussion, if allowed to be.
ATG
Banned
Those not near the border may be unfamiliar with the ITIN system; that is defacto social security numbers for so called undocumented workers, displaced international travelers and what have you.

One may ask, why is Uncle Same so willing to let millions of illegal aliens come in? It is not just potential voters, it is that the federal government is making a handsome profit out of letting identity theft run rampant.

Think about it; if Juan has a bogus SS number and works for Walmart, he gets taxes withheld just like any other worker. Then, come tax time the feds use the E-verify system to flag the SS number as bogus; either made up or that of a dead person or straight hijacked. The feds inform Juan that, his number is fraudulent and sorry amigo, but no tax return for you.

The fact is, the hundreds of billions brought in from this scheme is what has kept social security solvent for as long as it has been. America, your cupboards are empty, and your pantry is bare.

THE FACT IS that the feds are part of the problem and because of the size and scope of the feds the size and scope of the problem is huge. They are using the billions of fraudulent tax dollars to float various government programs and without this money the system would crash worse than it is. This is why the federal government does nothing.

To do so would reveal layers and layers of fraud, waste, corruption and mis-management ( and as a side note, mis-management is when you lose a 100k in a bad deal. Intentionally running cities and/or nations into the ground for personal profit is not mis-management. It is an act of war. ) so vast that the federal government itself could not operate without the billions in illegal, immoral money.

We need a immigration reform alright, and by doing so we will force the federal government to act as a proper steward like it should be, and not the crack whore lady liberty has become.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

I know what my vision of immigration reform is, and that is a temporary worker program.

What's yours?
Moving to Canada.    j/k
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

Harmor wrote:

Amend 14th Amendment to not automatically become a citizen if both of your parents are illegal
Everything else in your post I'm fine with.

Not this.

If you are born here, you are a citizen. That is simply how it works and it doesn't make any sense not to have it that way.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
#75 Threatening to Move to Canada

Often times, white people get frustrated with the state of their country. They do not like the President, or Congress, or the health care system, or the illegal status of Marijuana. Whenever they are presented with a situation that seems unreasonable to them, their first instinct is to threaten to move to Canada.

For example, if you are watching TV with white people and there is a piece on the news about that they do not agree with, they are likely to declare “ok, that’s it, I’m moving to Canada.”

Though they will never actually move to Canada, the act of declaring that they are willing to undertake the journey is very symbolic in white culture. It shows that their dedication to their lifestyle and beliefs are so strong, that they would consider packing up their entire lives and moving to a country that is only slightly different to the one they live in now.

Within white culture, it is agreed upon that if Canada had better weather it would be a perfect place.

Being aware that this information can be used quite easily to gain the trust of white people. Whenever they say, “I’m moving to Canada,” you must immediately respond with “I have relatives in Canada.”

They will then expect you to tell them about how Canada has a perfect healthcare system, legalized everything, and no crime. Though not true, it will reassure them that they are making the right choice by saying they want to move there.

But be warned, they will reference you in future conversations and possibly call on you to settle disputes about Canadian tax rates. So use this advice only if you plan to do some basic research.

Note: Canadian white people threaten to move to Europe.

Note: Europeans are unable to threaten to move anywhere.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02 … to-canada/
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Canada's no safe haven, either.
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

#75 Threatening to Move to Canada

Often times, white people get frustrated with the state of their country. They do not like the President, or Congress, or the health care system, or the illegal status of Marijuana. Whenever they are presented with a situation that seems unreasonable to them, their first instinct is to threaten to move to Canada.

For example, if you are watching TV with white people and there is a piece on the news about that they do not agree with, they are likely to declare “ok, that’s it, I’m moving to Canada.”

Though they will never actually move to Canada, the act of declaring that they are willing to undertake the journey is very symbolic in white culture. It shows that their dedication to their lifestyle and beliefs are so strong, that they would consider packing up their entire lives and moving to a country that is only slightly different to the one they live in now.

Within white culture, it is agreed upon that if Canada had better weather it would be a perfect place.

Being aware that this information can be used quite easily to gain the trust of white people. Whenever they say, “I’m moving to Canada,” you must immediately respond with “I have relatives in Canada.”

They will then expect you to tell them about how Canada has a perfect healthcare system, legalized everything, and no crime. Though not true, it will reassure them that they are making the right choice by saying they want to move there.

But be warned, they will reference you in future conversations and possibly call on you to settle disputes about Canadian tax rates. So use this advice only if you plan to do some basic research.

Note: Canadian white people threaten to move to Europe.

Note: Europeans are unable to threaten to move anywhere.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02 … to-canada/
The book is awesome.
Turquoise
O Canada

Poseidon wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Amend 14th Amendment to not automatically become a citizen if both of your parents are illegal

Not this.

If you are born here, you are a citizen. That is simply how it works and it doesn't make any sense not to have it that way.
I disagree.  Nearly every other highly developed country has more restrictive rules regarding jus solis, and for good reason.  We really do need to change that.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Full of Asians and brown people lulz.

protip: Most gangs in Vancouver are upper middle class Iranian and Asian kids with dad's that are always out on business trips.

Edit: on immigration, they could make it the nationality of either parent, I know so many Taiwanese kids who think they're "American" because they were born there 16 years ago and don't know shit about the US.

Last edited by Cybargs (2010-08-22 21:50:09)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Turquoise
O Canada

Cybargs wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Full of Asians and brown people lulz.

protip: Most gangs in Vancouver are upper middle class Iranian and Asian kids with dad's that are always out on business trips.

Edit: on immigration, they could make it the nationality of either parent, I know so many Taiwanese kids who think they're "American" because they were born there 16 years ago and don't know shit about the US.
Most countries have it set up so that at least one of the parents must be a citizen already for automatic citizenship to be granted to the child.

That seems far more logical than the current system here.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

Turquoise wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Not this.

I disagree.  Nearly every other highly developed country has more restrictive rules regarding jus solis, and for good reason.  We really do need to change that.
ATG
Banned
The 14th amendment is certainly being abused.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Not this.

Love is the answer
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

ATG wrote:

Gets more tax payers. I think that's why the gov keeps it. No matter where you are, you Americans have to pay taxes lulz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Cybargs wrote:

ATG wrote:

Gets more tax payers. I think that's why the gov keeps it. No matter where you are, you Americans have to pay taxes lulz.
i thought it was ideological and principle, really.

america is a country of immigrants. no 'american' citizen is a 'true' american. they were all aliens at one point in history. they were all running away from social, political, economic and religious iniquities, all fleeing some shitty native country for some shitty reason at some point. only now the white-christian hegemony has settled in after a century or so, and any new major influxes of immigrants and those in need-- any more "your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"-- is no longer america, land of the free with wonderful lady liberty, it's "FUCK OFF YOU SPIC SCUM WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, WE'RE BUILDING A MOTHERFUCKING WALL, KEEP YOUR POOR, TIRED, YEARNING FILTHY MASSES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FUCKING RIO GRANDE".

the ironic thing is that those complaining about jus soli legal principles wouldn't even BE AMERICAN THEMSELVES if it wasn't for that legal principle protecting the rights of their own ancestors, generations ago. amazing. priceless, really.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-08-23 03:09:30)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

Uzique wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

ATG wrote:

i thought it was ideological and principle, really.

america is a country of immigrants. no 'american' citizen is a 'true' american. they were all aliens at one point in history. they were all running away from social, political, economic and religious iniquities, all fleeing some shitty native country for some shitty reason at some point. only now the white-christian hegemony has settled in after a century or so, and any new major influxes of immigrants and those in need-- any more "your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"-- is no longer america, land of the free with wonderful lady liberty, it's "FUCK OFF YOU SPIC SCUM WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, WE'RE BUILDING A MOTHERFUCKING WALL, KEEP YOUR POOR, TIRED, YEARNING FILTHY MASSES ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FUCKING RIO GRANDE".

the ironic thing is that those complaining about jus soli legal principles wouldn't even BE AMERICAN THEMSELVES if it wasn't for that legal principle protecting the rights of their own ancestors, generations ago. amazing. priceless, really.

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
white americans fled old europe from persecution and iniquity centuries ago.

now they are the exact same form of establishment, espousing the exact same xenophobic and dogmatic principles, as old europe.

it's wonderful how the young ones grow to be so like the parents

Last edited by Uzique (2010-08-23 03:14:16)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

That and much of America was Mexican to begin with (and soon will be again)
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
if you're going to be a bastion of western democracy and a preserver of the liberal principles of freedom... then all im saying is don't decide to exclude the mexicans after letting in the puritans, the methodists, the dissidents, the irish, the polacks, the germans, the italians, the africans, the vietnamese, the arabs, the conflict-fleeing refugees, the recognized native americans, the french haitians fleeing slave revolts, the central americans fleeing your regimes and your violence, the ww2 jews, the ww2 germans, the post-ww2 slavs, the tech-industry phillipanese, the borderline cubans, the english retirees, the south koreans and their fruit stalls, the recent afghan and iraqi refugees from your conflicts and your violence, the damn hockey loving canadians, and even the fecking catholics with their european taste for dogma and exclusion that caused you to flee and set-up shop in the first fucking place.

that's all i ask.

it isn't much, now, is it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
US didn't let in WW2 jews, except for a very very small few.

Having let in the Irish I don't see how they can possibly object to Mexicans.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

There's a simple answer for that...

Look what happened to the first inhabitants here.  They didn't have border security.  Most of them don't exist anymore.

So while we might be descended from immigrants, that doesn't really hold much weight in the long run.

Most English citizens are descended from cultures that started on the European mainland.  Most Indians are descended from tribes that crossed Central Asia.  A large portion of Southern Italians and Spanish have Middle Eastern heritage due to the Muslim conquests of the Middle Ages.  A large portion of Eastern Europe has hereditary ties to the Mongols.

The list goes on and on.  The point is...  America may pride itself on immigrant heritage, but it's certainly not unique to our history.  By the same token, plenty of countries throughout the world have significant ties to immigration but they still implement tighter controls on their borders than we do.

To point the finger at us for being concerned about our own border security is just hypocritical.  We're much more lenient about harboring illegals than most other countries.  Mexico can't bitch, because they do some pretty harsh things to their illegal Guatemalans.
Turquoise
O Canada

Uzique wrote:

white americans fled old europe from persecution and iniquity centuries ago.

now they are the exact same form of establishment, espousing the exact same xenophobic and dogmatic principles, as old europe.

it's wonderful how the young ones grow to be so like the parents
And modern Europe itself still does plenty of that too.  For example, there is no party in America with the prominence of the BNP that has an official immigration stance the same as theirs (or has any official ban on non-white members).

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-08-23 07:20:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard