Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York
idk if I'm picking it up. I got the first one and it was alright... but way too arcade-y for me. I'll see how the reviews are.
13rin
+977|6472
Didn't like the first one for reason listed above thus I won't buy pt 2.    Shame as it looks to be very graphically entertaining.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mugen
+19|5992
Played the demo and it's more like HAWX 1.5

Looking forward to Ace Combat Assault Horizon though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

Loved the first one so much, I even went on and got the full 1000achievement points for it.

Downloaded HAWX2, and to me, I think its worse. The HUD is particularly bad: the old one was a lot more simplistic, smaller and easier to read. I mean, wheres the cannon reticule gone? I didnt see it anyway...

I was quite hyped up for the AC takeoffs and mid-air refuelling, but both left me feeling really underwhelmed. The takeoff was over too quickly, and is it just me or does it accelerate far too quickly? Landing was OK, but nothing special.
Refuelling was, again, nothing special. The fact that after doing so, the mission ended, just left me thinking "WTF"?

Although I do like how the enemies will actually use flares now, I cant see why this couldn't of been in the first game...

HAWX2, to me, feels rather rushed with a few suggestions added from their community, aimed at cashing in before Ace Combat comes back to amaze us. In fact, I think a lot of these new additions have been poorly implemented. They seem half-assed. As somebody else said:

wah1188 wrote:

seems like a mission pack to me.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6558|Area 51

Snake wrote:

Loved the first one so much, I even went on and got the full 1000achievement points for it.

Downloaded HAWX2, and to me, I think its worse. The HUD is particularly bad: the old one was a lot more simplistic, smaller and easier to read. I mean, wheres the cannon reticule gone? I didnt see it anyway...

I was quite hyped up for the AC takeoffs and mid-air refuelling, but both left me feeling really underwhelmed. The takeoff was over too quickly, and is it just me or does it accelerate far too quickly? Landing was OK, but nothing special.
Refuelling was, again, nothing special. The fact that after doing so, the mission ended, just left me thinking "WTF"?

Although I do like how the enemies will actually use flares now, I cant see why this couldn't of been in the first game...

HAWX2, to me, feels rather rushed with a few suggestions added from their community, aimed at cashing in before Ace Combat comes back to amaze us. In fact, I think a lot of these new additions have been poorly implemented. They seem half-assed. As somebody else said:

wah1188 wrote:

seems like a mission pack to me.
Yeah the take off indeed seemed a bit fast. Then again I've never been in an actual plane taking off from a carrier so I can't judge about the speed

The refueling was a bit stupid indeed, but probably just too show 'look we made something new'. The reticule is still there btw for the gun, atleast in the PS3 version. Tbh, I don't like the HUD either. Liked the old one more.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

Despite me slagging it off from the demo...this game is fucking awesome. SP is better than before, but still feels lacking IMO. If you ask me, it needs more polish, especially between missions.

Play this game online though...OMG. I cant get enough of this. It even has its own horde mode. It is seriously awesome

/back to HAWX2
RDMC
+736|6558|Area 51

Snake wrote:

Despite me slagging it off from the demo...this game is fucking awesome. SP is better than before, but still feels lacking IMO. If you ask me, it needs more polish, especially between missions.

Play this game online though...OMG. I cant get enough of this. It even has its own horde mode. It is seriously awesome

/back to HAWX2
Wait wait wait. It is out yet? Thought it wouldn't come out untill the 10th?

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-05 09:19:17)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6216|Escea

Got it on pre-order
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK
played the demo in hmv last week, might get it...

maybe a bit after release though
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

Got it on pre-order
This. Forgot I did that actually! It arrived on Friday, and I was like "WHA?!"

Online is great fun, and so far, seems to experience almost no lag at all, compared with the original. Being able to customise weapon packs is good: 4x gun pods or MM/RGM/HSM are the way to go.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
so this game is out?  How come its not on steam damnit.
RDMC
+736|6558|Area 51

SonderKommando wrote:

Officially out on the 10Th, however I think if you have pre-ordered it that you'll receive it a couple a days earlier.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Officially out on the 10Th, however I think if you have pre-ordered it that you'll receive it a couple a days earlier.
It was released on the 6th (Monday)...

At least on Xbox and in the UK, anyway.
RDMC
+736|6558|Area 51

Snake wrote:

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Well I looked on amazon.co.uk for the PS3 version and it said 'out on the 10th'. Guess PS3/PC are just getting screwed over again
SonderKommando
Which is retarded since the PS3 and the 360 are about equal in market share, and the PS3 is outselling the sexbox...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

RDMC wrote:

Snake wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Well I looked on amazon.co.uk for the PS3 version and it said 'out on the 10th'. Guess PS3/PC are just getting screwed over again
LOL. Yeah, and the PC version isnt until 1st October.

Then again, the Xbox is the trial to find all the bugs for them to fix for the PS3 / PC.
RDMC
+736|6558|Area 51

SonderKommando wrote:

Which is retarded since the PS3 and the 360 are about equal in market share, and the PS3 is outselling the sexbox...
Well ya never know with Xbox.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

Want a good flying game
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
SonderKommando
HAWX 1 was a fun flying game. sure this is going to be pretty neat too. I will purchase.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6216|Escea

Snake wrote:

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

There is only one explanation...

https://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/delorean01.JPG
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK
so... is it something that once you start playing you can't put it down? with the first one i'd finished the sp so fast...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6559|England

SEREVENT wrote:

so... is it something that once you start playing you can't put it down? with the first one i'd finished the sp so fast...
I finished the SP in an afternoon, although that was on easy. It is more challenging since the enemy planes actually use stall-turns, flares, etc. You cant just go round in circles, holding the brake button (which meant no missiles would ever hit you in hawx1..). You can actually stall in ON mode now, which is good.
MP will keep you occupied for quite a while, its a lot bigger than hawx1 which only had TDM
Coop campaign, arcade campaign and survival modes are all great if you are not a fan of TDM on hawx
RDMC
+736|6558|Area 51

Snake wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

I finished the SP in an afternoon, although that was on easy. It is more challenging since the enemy planes actually use stall-turns, flares, etc. You cant just go round in circles, holding the brake button (which meant no missiles would ever hit you in hawx1..). You can actually stall in ON mode now, which is good.
MP will keep you occupied for quite a while, its a lot bigger than hawx1 which only had TDM
Coop campaign, arcade campaign and survival modes are all great if you are not a fan of TDM on hawx
Sounds good. Hawx1 was indeed far too easy, even on hard elite.

EDIT: I hate the world. I can get Hawx 2 on the PC for just €34,99 while for PS3/Xbox 360 it costs €59.99. Rip off much? Fuckers.

Last edited by RDMC (2010-09-10 01:58:26)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK

Snake wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

I finished the SP in an afternoon, although that was on easy.

i'll get it more for the MP anyway... that was so much more of a challenge
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6216|Escea

Arrived today.

Took me a little while to get used to the controls with the joystick again, but its pretty awsm.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard