The Soup Nazi
+18|6758|North Lauderdale, FL

Sgt.Gh0st wrote:

I took out an loaded BH with my attack chopper!!! about 7 TK's aswell
awesome!  what a rush, huh?
KtotheIMMY
+513|6734
Hahaha... One time some guy was charging at me and I just stood there holding a first aid kit, like, "I wish  I could throw this at you and hit you in the head and knock you the hell out"...

Donnyboy wrote:

LMAO! Glad I'm not the only one.

I think the worst part was attacking a charging guy with a bag of ammo.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6740|Human Meat Shield

BigBadT wrote:

Hmmm, anybody ever placed 1 too many C4s? the know the one with the button?

Did that 3 times (you know just to be sure it realy says boom)

;-)
Yeah I did that 21 times  ....notice the suicides.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6748
Tried to show off (with a gunner in the gunner's seat) my flying abilities with the F-15 on Kubra Dam by flying through the duct in the bottom of the Dam.

I lagged out and smashed into the side of the Dam.  Lots of "OMG u uber n00b" taunts after that one.

I also once wasnt paying attention when I was commander and I dropped artillery on my own units because I saw a cluster of them together.
shaunboulton
+1|6735
- i am shooting away in the black hawk defending it with all i got, to then realise that everyone has bailed out and im going down.
-going to knife someone but end up knifing my teammate behind him.
-AT my own vehicles
-crushed by a supply crate, in the middle of nowhere.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6816
i was in the driver seat of the tank and my squad mate was in the gunner seat, i was like watch this we will go take out this squad hidding over here, last i heard was ok from him.. i dropped out and he was in the gunner seat talking to him self going come on lets go etc.. he didnt notice that i had gone until the squad rocked up and killed him.. i spose it was an embarrasing thing that happened to him not so much me.. i thought it was funny but
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6780|Marathon, Florida Keys
i was flying about 10 min ago, over our runway to relaod my bombs, i sneazed, and my hand jerked down and my plane flew right into the full blackhawk of the server admins....guess what happened lol.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6818
https://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4713/oops0dc.jpg

Some of my tank driving gone wrong.

Need I say more?  I had to suicide and come back as Spec Ops to C4 my own tank so it could respawn and be useful to our team.

Last edited by Ronball9 (2005-10-23 02:40:43)

baupdeth
+0|6732
Oh I did a doozy...

First time playing and I log into one of the servers running Wake Island as the defending Chinese. In my excited effort to be of assistance, I jumped in one of the nearby trucks, and go dashing off towards the front. The downside to my heroics?

4 tk's for running over a squad after flipping and rolling the truck on a hill.

I logged out after that...
Kanil
"Aff, Star Colonel!"
+37|6732|Internet!
My first time in a squad, FuShe Pass. I was like "yay FAV! I'll drive this over here, pick up my squad leader, and go to a flag, and be the hero!" So I zoomed over, grabbed my squad leader, and took off. Right towards a cliff. We rolled, and rolled, and rolled... finally came to a stop on our side, my squad leader jumped out, just as I turned the wheel and gave it some throttle. The FAV turned back onto its wheels... and I crushed my squad leader. Oops.

Trying to prove to a friend that I can fly. We hop in a F-15, take off, kill two things, I start typing something, I cannot remember what, but I know it ended in "e". Well, I hit enter with my finger still depressed on the E key. I shouted "F1, F1!" and watched as the F-15 slowly dived into a nearby mountain. I didn't bother with a parachute. (Unfotunately, I do this a lot. It is really frustrating to "fall out" of your jet.)
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6758|Hanging onto the UAV
I'd like to own up to the mother of all mistakes.

When I'd been playing for around a week or so and was aiming for my promotion, an enemy types this on the screen:

PRESS ALT-F4 FOR YOUR WEAPON UNLOCK

So of course, I obediently pressed Alt-F4...

I'm such a dick.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6748
HAHAHAH!  I typed that up on my clan's ranked server once, only I said "Just saw this on EA Games's site:  Secret Chinese Laser gun unlock - press Alt-F4 in game!"

Like 5 people disconnected lol.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6751|Alabama Coast, USA

AnarkyXtra wrote:

PRESS ALT-F4 FOR YOUR WEAPON UNLOCK

So of course, I obediently pressed Alt-F4...
I fell for this...   ONCE.   And yeah... when I saw it, I think I was about to come up on the first weapons lock at like 1500pt or something (old rules).
Major-Numb-Nuts
+0|6742
diving out of a car on a hill to have it roll back on me, planting to much c4, discovering you can throw grenades with the lmb but only tapping it (so it drops at your feet), dropping a claymore at the top of a ladder and when i saw someone climbing up it i try to stand at the top of the ladder and shoot them , and falling backwards off my chair in the middle of a fire fight or flying jets/helo's... and blowing up own team artilery because i forgot i had been switched teams to the usmc also shooting team mates beacuse i forgot what team i was on

so yeah i am an idiot

Last edited by Major-Numb-Nuts (2005-10-23 11:48:44)

=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6791|Belgium

Dumb noob mistakes hot list:

1 Carefully and strategically placing that special C4 package, yeah the one with the little red button on top
2 Placing mines, strategically and all, and having to learn the hard way that its sole purpose is to kill ‘punish-minded’ teammates, not enemies.
3 Placing C4 on armed enemy vehicle, to detect that your special forces-teammate had the same idea just before/after you
4 Unknowingly being switched teams and destroying your commander’s assets
5 Unknowingly being switched teams and destroying your commanders’ ground personnel
6 Waiting to long/not long enough for your coincidental date's red/blue nametag
7 Repairing a bridge to allow your team to attack the enemy base, and discovering that you’ve just been used as the “welcome” doormat for a convoy of enemy tanks and APC’s
8 (Before the 1.03 patch, hey I’ve got to admit, they did something right) Discovering that pressing E after parking ANY vehicle on a slope is deadliest thing to do in this game.
9 Believing that charging an APC with a grenade will scare the driver to a certain death
10 Showing off your skills to your friends in any flying vehicle is not done! These are designed to give you lags…
11 Placing mines when you’ve already seen the oncoming tank… is just a little too late...
12 Charging an enemy assault head to head is proof of true braveness or just plain suicidal, as sniper
13 Placing C4 on a tank… is preferably done at its sides when it’s not stationary
14 Sneaking up on a tank for placing C4… is preferably not done when its main gun is aiming at you
15 When diving for a bombing run, the dive should not dead end on your target
16 When Jihaad bombing an enemy tank with your jeep… your C4 is best placed before collision
17 No, you cannot destroy armor with the MP5, although it is a weapon of the anti-tank class. Yes, you do need to use the rockets, and more than one.
18 No, you cannot even destroy armor with the DAO, although it is a weapon of the anti-tank class and looks like a freaking multiple missile gun.
19 And no you cannot use the DAO as sniper rifle, the same goes for Machine Guns and shotguns
20 But yeah, all those pistols really can be used as sniper rifles.

For sure I most probably had to learn a bunch more the hard way… But more is going to look like I am retyping the scientific laws of BF2 (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2428)

Cheers,
R
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6732|Gilbert, Arizona

=Robin-Hood= wrote:

20. But yeah, all those pistols really can be used as sniper rifles.

that's me.
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6732|Gilbert, Arizona
a few of mine.

-not holding down the left-click so i can actually SEE what i shot at (M24)
-reloading too damn much (OCD-ish)
-trying to smack someone with the wrench
-thinking mines would be perfect base defense on the oil fields
-reviving those pinned down and wish to respawn
-getting myself killed trying to revive those pinned down under heavy fire
-doing the tango with an APC and grenades and losing
-standing still shooting at someone
-destroying the bridge over Kubra Dam, and realizing, i need to use it
-(a frequent one) trying to impress in a jet, with stock settings (i like invert)
-using pistols to snipe planes, jets, and automobiles for kill damage assists
-going n00b Rambo
-Jihad-Jeeping a tank, in front of it, where it could pay attention and back up
-scrambling to destroy a UAV trailer, and forgetting that the little red button means run away then click
-trying to 0wn the same sniper...over 5 times in a row
-playing on a server with potheads (c'mon, all they do is eat, smoke, and play videogames)
-lying down whenever i take flags
-spamming grenades and getting spammed TK messages on my HUD
-taking on a tank with an LAV or it's counterpart and being a sitting duck, where he had an incline advantage
-chucking smoke grenades a little too early
-dashing someone with a knife, someone with very good periferal vision, no less
-getting so exciting knowing i could take packs with unlocks...and losing them quickly because all i did was look for them
-(my favorite) getting pilot-cabin fever and stepping out for some fresh air to leave my teammates spinning out of control
-having an itchy trigger finger
-spacing out while i play (it's better to blink and move the eyes, i know now)
-thinking bushes and such can shield me from damage and
-thinking i could hide anywhere successfully
-trying to kill with a defibrillator
-having a defibrillator-deul and losing
-doing a "California Knife-Fight" and doing the California roll...and counting...15...14...
-forgetting to choose a spawn point and getting angry trying to find out why i can't spawn
-i said "Sorry!" after owning an enemy and thinking it was a TK

more to come!
VazkoraGFL
+0|6818|San Francisco, California
1. Smashing into a Radio Tower because I was to involved in taking out the other Jet
2. Rezzed a guy, got in a Hummer, ran him over, rezzed him again, ran him over, rezzed him again, doh, rezzed him again, ran him over and kept going.
3. Sticking C4 on an enemy Transport Helo. Good kill right? Wait for it to take off and get some distance. So I triggered the C4 and of all things that could happen it was low to the ground next to several team mates, and a team mate in a jet flying by, all get killed.
4. Shooting down a Su-34 a good 400 Meters up, with a Tank, grinning like an idiot only to notice it was a Team Kill.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6735|Sumter, South Carolina
Dumb mistakes are not limited to newbs! LOL, we vets do it to.
Take me for instance.  I've been medicing since the demo, but yesterday...

I got an enemy at Karkand, on the ramp going down to the second level, just as an enemy APC rounds the corner.  So I shoot this guy, and see the apc.. and for some reason, pull out my defibs to quickly revive him before the apc sees 'us' , of course, I got pwned courtesy of some apc noob.. lol.

Shady
CBRad929
+1|6755
Going in for the easy knifey kill against a prone PKM, only to "jump" in front of him when he was lighting someone else up.
dan500
+57|6818
I done them all, exploded a car bomb in front of my team mates (killing them all), the nade and the ammo packs.

But, i did not do this, some guy tked the WHOLE team, we all sort of sat on and around his plane, cos he was a REALLY BIG ASS, then he decided to drop the bombs, while he was just sitting there SOOOOOOO funny, we was all pissing our selfs, then he got kicked and banned

Last edited by dan500 (2005-10-24 15:46:11)

IrishRedneck
+0|6732
OMG!   For the first time I decided to be a medic. 
They looked so cool shouting "First aid here!" and man when one of those dude brought me back to life I ALWAYS say ThankYou!!

Soooo...  NOW I'm a medic.  Run run run (Man, these dudes can RUN!)  And then I hear it....   MEDIC!    Uh oh...someone needs my help..   Run run run  There he is...  wait...  look for the killer first (I am so smart!)  Not here.  paddles charged.....

~ZAP!~   nothing.
~Zap~    nada
(Hmmm  am i doing this right??)
~ZAP~   still nothing.

Then one of my teammakes types...  "LOL.  HE's one of the enemy, I killed him"

I fragged myself and went back to being a anti-tank.   Keep the damn bandaids.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6812|Missoula, MT
Good one Irish...lol.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6734
Haha don't feel too bad, I've done that before myself... I ran away embarrassed before anyone noticed (one hopes)

IrishRedneck wrote:

OMG!   For the first time I decided to be a medic. 
They looked so cool shouting "First aid here!" and man when one of those dude brought me back to life I ALWAYS say ThankYou!!

Soooo...  NOW I'm a medic.  Run run run (Man, these dudes can RUN!)  And then I hear it....   MEDIC!    Uh oh...someone needs my help..   Run run run  There he is...  wait...  look for the killer first (I am so smart!)  Not here.  paddles charged.....

~ZAP!~   nothing.
~Zap~    nada
(Hmmm  am i doing this right??)
~ZAP~   still nothing.

Then one of my teammakes types...  "LOL.  HE's one of the enemy, I killed him"

I fragged myself and went back to being a anti-tank.   Keep the damn bandaids.
Daemoniacus
+0|6730
You can't make this stuff up... I was playing at Strike at Karkand as MEC and the enemy was close to take the first flag.  A wave of my teammates just got killed and I was close to the last defense.  So I put C4 around the flag and take off running.  I jump over wall and land on one of my teammates (TK #1), then I blow the C4 (resulting in a single enemy kill and a CRAP-LOAD of TKs because the first wave was spawning back in... at least 5).   THEN on top of that, I take off running down the alleyway where someone has placed a mine (and all of my MEC brethren have intelligently stepped around)... WEEEELLLL, I wasn't so intelligent.  In my haste I was blown to bits and took 3 teammates with me.  ... ... yeah.  Nearly the entire top left corner read {pc411}Daemoniacus [Teamkills] Undeserving-teammate. 

Unfortunately, when that sort of thing happens everyone says, "WTF?!?" and you can't explain because you yourself are completely dumbfounded.  So, you type, "LOL! SORRY!"  And that kind of provokes kick votes for some silly reason. 

As if that didn't hurt enough, my friend was standing over my shoulder because he wanted to see why my SPM was higher than his.  With my dry-cool wit I said, "And that's how you play the game."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard