11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

SamTheMan wrote:

support blyth spartans in the blue square north too marine
ya ok will do.  do those teams ever become pro?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

If they win the blue square north then they go into the blue square premier, which is the league below league two.

So, if Blyth got promoted twice, they'd be in the same league as Stevenage, and be a "professional" club, atm they're semi-pro.

Newport County won the blue square south last year (by a big margin), and could do very well in the blue square premier this year.

Look out for them!
11 Bravo
Banned

Surgeons wrote:

If they win the blue square north then they go into the blue square premier, which is the league below league two.

So, if Blyth got promoted twice, they'd be in the same league as Stevenage, and be a "professional" club, atm they're semi-pro.

Newport County won the blue square south last year (by a big margin), and could do very well in the blue square premier this year.

Look out for them!
man that shit is so cool.  i wish people in this country would demand that system for our sports.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
from what ive seen blyth aint the best lol, but they managed the reach the fa cup 3rd round a few years back, which by their standards is fuckin mint.
Surgeons

Basically, the Premier league and the 3 N Power sponsored leagues are the top divisons.

Then you have the national leagues (or non-leagues) as they're also called over here.

You can register a team to play in the non leagues, you'll start off playing within a local league, e.g. in the Chester league, if you get promoted from that, the league above it will be covering a bigger area, e.g. North West england etc.

They go all the way up to the Blue square South (for the southern teams of england) and the Blue square North (for the northern teams), the top teams from each of those league go into the Blue square premier, and if they win that they go up again into the proper leagues.

So theoretically you could play for a pub team and get them promoted into the premiership.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
who gets enterted into the fa cup qualifying rounds olly? just all blue square league teams or others aswell?
11 Bravo
Banned
well lets start a team then.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
support solihull moors in the blue square south marine! they're my "local" team but used to be called moor green, but some chav burnt their ground down so they had to merge with solihull
Surgeons

Erm, I think it's something like prem, the 3 football leagues and then the next 6 levels of leagues, so the blue square prem is one level, blue square south + north is the next level, and so on for four other levels.
11 Bravo
Banned
well stevenage lost but boro was a draw.  fuck sake the only positive thing from today for me was a draw.  this weekend wont be a complete waste i guess if arsenal can beat liverpoo.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
GG Wes Morgan you prick....
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Surgeons

Forest fan too?

I don't mind Forest, think Billy Davies is a bit of a prick though.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Well, I follow Forest and County them being my local teams and all.  Very much a United fan though.  Davies is indeed a prick.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Forest pretty shit in the 2nd half, Leeds came closer to winning it.
Surgeons

I just saw Earnshaw's one two with blackstock (i think) and shot, was great bit of football, it deserved a goal really.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England

11 Bravo wrote:

I support Middlesbrough, Southhampton, and Hereford United.  Its about time for Boro to make it to the Premier League again dammit.
You scummer

Gutted Pompey drew, but conceding in the last ten minutes is all part of being a Pompey fan. Also, if it wasn't another cry for goal line technology I dunno what is. Surprised we were in front for so long, expected us to get dicked. Was there, and was a great atmosphere, Reading have some good fans.
11 Bravo
Banned
aye.  shit weeked for me at least.
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK
Daggers' match postponed due to Exeter's striker Adam Stansfield passing away during the week. RIP.

Dagenham stay 21st with a game in hand!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Bellamy on the way to Cardiff??
Surgeons

I hope so, skeptical about it though.

There's no way Cardiff can afford his wages

Last edited by Surgeons (2010-08-16 04:53:58)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Surgeons wrote:

I hope so, skeptical about it though.

There's no way Cardiff can afford his wages
Tru, tru. Hope he lowers his wages Would be a nifty add to the team that will get to the premier next season
Surgeons

Last year Chopra and Bothroyd were arguably the best pair of strikers in the league, imagine if you add Bellamy into that mix too.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma

11 Bravo wrote:

well stevenage lost but boro was a draw.  fuck sake the only positive thing from today for me was a draw.  this weekend wont be a complete waste i guess if arsenal can beat liverpoo.
My housemate's closest home team is Stevenage.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
We beat Stevenage 2-1
Our next match is Preston away. I don't know anything about Preston, are they any good?
Surgeons

They are pretty good, Darren Ferguson (Sir Alex's son) is the manager, however last year they had Welbeck etc on loan from United, and he's not there any more, one of the "middle" 8 sides I'd say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard