eleven bravo
+1,399|5264|foggy bottom
the economic hitman strikes again

if i ever become a politician or government figure im never flying in a plane. 

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/f … 2F19587666
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5591

Damned Illuminati.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5704
Megalomania
+4|5014|Iceland
He survived the first one back in 1978, guess luck wasnt on his side this time.

Two plane crashes in 1 lifetime, odd.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina
Pork monger Byrd died a little while ago.

Pork monger Stevens died today.

Shall another pork monger die soon?  Perhaps, Thad Cochran?
Reciprocity
+721|6586|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Megalomania wrote:

not when you're an alaskan.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
The fake Jesus account on Twitter said something like "Damn, sorry Ted Stevens. I was aiming for another Alaskan politician."

He was scum politically. Regardless, RIP.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6637|Finland

Reciprocity wrote:

Megalomania wrote:

not when you're an alaskan.
This, and a career politician flies a lot more in  a few years than your average Joe in his entire lifetime.
I need around tree fiddy.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5264|foggy bottom

Poseidon wrote:

The fake Jesus account on Twitter
whats the real account?
Tu Stultus Es
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6543|Long Island, New York
Vishnu.

Your mind's been blown.
13rin
+977|6484
He was bushwacked out of a job.  Ted Stevens was a great Alaskan and American.  I was proud to have him as a Senator.  Yes, I was an Alaskan too.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6359|West NY
at least he died in a flying tube
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

He was bushwacked out of a job.  Ted Stevens was a great Alaskan and American.  I was proud to have him as a Senator.  Yes, I was an Alaskan too.
Yeah, and corrupt as fuck. He fit right in.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

eleven bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

whats the real account?
lol...   I guess it's this one... http://twitter.com/buddychrist2010

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No kidding...  Stevens was living proof that pork and big government are not limited to the Democrats.

He was also proof of how we would be better off without Alaska -- all they do is suck up funds from the rest of the country while they hoard their own oil wealth.  They're fucking useless as a state.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-08-14 13:49:00)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6777|PNW

But they have polar bears.
Turquoise
O Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

But they have polar bears.
Well, admittedly, they do have some beautiful parks and wilderness...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6534|Global Command

eleven bravo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

whats the real account?
GunslingerOIF2
13rin
+977|6484

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

No kidding...  Stevens was living proof that pork and big government are not limited to the Democrats.

He was also proof of how we would be better off without Alaska -- all they do is suck up funds from the rest of the country while they hoard their own oil wealth.  They're fucking useless as a state.
It was a witch hunt where evidence clearing him was ignored.  He did nothing wrong.  Stevens brought back $$ for his state which pumps oil South.

Ever been to Alaska?  That State is awesome.  So what if they're #9 GDP in the US?   What's your state?  Useless?  nah.  Jealous?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It was a witch hunt where evidence clearing him was ignored.  He did nothing wrong.  Stevens brought back $$ for his state which pumps oil South.

Ever been to Alaska?  That State is awesome.  So what if they're #9 GDP in the US?   What's your state?  Useless?  nah.  Jealous?
Any state that hoards oil wealth while sucking up federal funds from the rest of us is, quite literally, a financial drain on the country.  For every dollar they give to the feds, they receive $1.84.  That makes Alaska the 3rd biggest welfare queen in the U.S. -- partially because of people like Ted Stevens.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/266.html

Republicans always talk about how they are against pork and how they prefer smaller government, but in truth, they're just as much porkmongers -- if not moreso.

Now, admittedly, my state is a slight net drain as well, but at least NC can offset its drain by having several important military bases here.  The same can't be said for Alaska.

And when you look at the long history of Alaska politicians that are porkmongers (most of them being Republican), that really does show us a trend of being a net drain on the country.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5068
I guess the main question here is, WHO GIVES A F@CK?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard