Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

eleven bravo wrote:

I was attached to a nasty girl brigade for a long period of time.  they used us for every little thing because they didnt have the balls to the shit themselves. Our platoons only casualty came when we were pulling patrol for the undermanned nasty guard unit's sector of responsibility. also,  any buildings those fuckers said they cleared you could be certain wasnt.  had to re clear them fuckers.   it got so bad that the nasty guard unit attached to my task force for fallujah and najaf was just used to pull security and roving patrols at night while everyone who fought during the day was resting.
I was attached to a brigade of MPs out of Tennessee in 2004 for about three months and while they were fat and some were semi-retarded, I could never find any flaws in their courage. These guys were doing road patrols every day looking for IEDs and lost about thirty guys in the short time I was attached to them. They also got fucked when 1ID did into an extra six months of deployment time. These guys were mostly cops in civilian life so while they were cowboyish, they did their job pretty damn well.

Outside of them though? We had a national guard battalion that was in our brigade (like, you'd see their battalion flag at change of command ceremonies and stuff at Hood) that was so useless, and had such outdated equipment, that they were put on hadji guard at Victory for the full year they were deployed.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
the gaurd unit we were with had better equipment and newer weapons than we did but they used our 4 bradleys as if they had a company instead of a platoon at their disposal.  it was when we were attached to the nasty girls we would see 20 hour patrol days and 4 hour rest plans for regular combat operations.  when shit hit the fan we would be outside the wire even more.  we would always find IED's on routes that were patrolled and cleared by the nasty girls only a few hours before.  its the reason why the the ng company that was directly attached to my battalion saw a dozen KIA's while my company had two (rip Sapp and Velez)

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-08-13 10:10:37)

Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

eleven bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

aye
A marine would fuck anything amirite.
DADT
LOL...  that was good...
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5964|Truthistan
Dr. Luara is full of $hit.... everyone would do well to dismiss her just as she dismissed the n word, the naacp...

Fact is she pegged the caller and basically all people complaining about racism as hypersensitive and then went on to try an provoke the lady to prove her as being hypersensity. This lady's experience could have provided the listeners with an inkling about what people say and how people act in private and show that there's lots of racism that lies just beneath a thin veneer of politeness. But it would seem that Dr. Laura didn't want to go there and instead tried to dismiss the caller and then try to provoke her with n.. n.. n... and jumps right to PBO which is non sequitor

Anyway, imo there's lots of ugly, as in ugly on the inside, people out there, Dr. Laura just proved she one of them.

BTW, her apology was based on a profit motive, just as her comments are based on the profit motive. So I really wouldn't want to wrap my flag around her as a beacon of truth. I would rather dismiss her, her comments and her apology... besides she is irrelevant anyway.

Personally, I wish all racist sentiments and comments were out in the open so the retards who think like that can take their beats, because if you can't "edumacate em" into proper behavior for a polite and civilized society perhaps you can beat some sense into them.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
There isn't anything that isn't done for a "profit motive", be it financial or otherwise.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5964|Truthistan

jord wrote:

There isn't anything that isn't done for a "profit motive", be it financial or otherwise.
True, she's an infotainer preaching to a narrow segment of the population and this must be one instance where the numbers after her show showed that she missed the narrow mark she's aiming for. hence the apology based on profit motive.  I simply choose to dismiss her like all infotainers like Rush, Palin and Anne Coulter

But there is no profit motive for people saying and thinking racist shit behind closed doors and out of the public eye, in those cases that what people actually think and feel and they should be pitied and demonized.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Dr. Luara is full of $hit.... everyone would do well to dismiss her just as she dismissed the n word, the naacp...

Fact is she pegged the caller and basically all people complaining about racism as hypersensitive and then went on to try an provoke the lady to prove her as being hypersensity. This lady's experience could have provided the listeners with an inkling about what people say and how people act in private and show that there's lots of racism that lies just beneath a thin veneer of politeness. But it would seem that Dr. Laura didn't want to go there and instead tried to dismiss the caller and then try to provoke her with n.. n.. n... and jumps right to PBO which is non sequitor

Anyway, imo there's lots of ugly, as in ugly on the inside, people out there, Dr. Laura just proved she one of them.

BTW, her apology was based on a profit motive, just as her comments are based on the profit motive. So I really wouldn't want to wrap my flag around her as a beacon of truth. I would rather dismiss her, her comments and her apology... besides she is irrelevant anyway.

Personally, I wish all racist sentiments and comments were out in the open so the retards who think like that can take their beats, because if you can't "edumacate em" into proper behavior for a polite and civilized society perhaps you can beat some sense into them.
ANy chance you want to address EXACTLY wnat she said in the context she said it, or are you content with dismissing her and her point ( which is a good one by the way) as nothnig more than racist so you do not have to face it?
Diesel_dyk
+178|5964|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

ANy chance you want to address EXACTLY wnat she said in the context she said it, or are you content with dismissing her and her point ( which is a good one by the way) as nothnig more than racist so you do not have to face it?
She had an opportunity on her show to deal with racism behind closed doors, which is what this woman was calling to talk about. Instead she tried to play to what she thought her listeners wanted to hear. Apparently Dr. Laura felt that her listners did not want to hear about how private conduct behind closed doors... its obivous to me that the caller didn't say anything to friends and in-laws about being offended by racist comments, that sent a signal to friends and family that it was okay to let their politeness (PC) shield down around her and she got a taste for how people actually think and talk... and imo there's lots of people out there with ugly thoughts that they keep hidden and who say things with other of ilk mind that they won't say in public or directly to the type of people they dislike.So that's the context. is Dr. Laura a racist? I don't know because she didn't say what was on her mind, she was doing her job as an infotainer. as far as the the show goes, the caller was talking apples and Dr. Laura was talking oranges, they really didn't have a meaningful conversation and it was a bad interview.

As far as Dr. LAura... I just dismiss her because I think she missed the point of the call and tried to package the call into her show.... she wanted to talk about hypersensivity, rappers saying n.., and blacks blindly voting for PBO. which were comments that she must think play well with her listeners. She didn't say anything new or enlightening, and even her apology is canned.

So who is at fault for the callers problems.. the caller, if she didn't like the racist commetns coming from friends and family, then she needs to speak up, tell them to f off, kick them in the balls or taco, and find new friends and family. Her being miserable is her own doing, no one can read her mind.... and imo Dr. Laura's show would have been much more interesting than n... n... n... which was so absurd its kind of funny.
rdx-fx
+955|6561

11 Bravo wrote:

pog

Cybargs wrote:

pogs see more pussy but get less amirite.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because we watch them bang their way through entire companies and know not to go near them. Infantrymen don't know any better or don't care
My advice to younger soldiers;

"If the meat's green, don't eat it!"

(If it wears a green uniform, don't screw it)
In other words, just don't screw with military women between the ranks of E-1 to E-5 and O-1 to O-3.
With the male:female ratio, most will turn into Barracks Queens.
If they make it to E-6 or O-3 without turning into used up VD-infested skanks with 5 kids in tow, then you can date them.

Oh, and the townie girls, that go to the clubs right off post.. yeah, don't even look at them.
They know the game better than you. 
They probably already have your 1st Sergeant's phone number memorized (and you don't), and the forms for all the "fuck a GI, win the lottery" paperwork already filled in.

Diesel_Dyk wrote:

Fact is she pegged the caller and basically all people complaining about racism as hypersensitive and then went on to try an provoke the lady to prove her as being hypersensity. This lady's experience could have provided the listeners with an inkling about what people say and how people act in private and show that there's lots of racism that lies just beneath a thin veneer of politeness. But it would seem that Dr. Laura didn't want to go there and instead tried to dismiss the caller and then try to provoke her with n.. n.. n...
Racism (in any direction you choose to look), hypersensitive idiots with a chip on their shoulder, and people with an overinflated sense of entitlement that feel they've the right to play the Race Card at will.

It all exists. 
I'm sure somewhere people are capable of having an intelligent, honest discussion about it all too.
I'm just as sure that such an honest, intelligent discussion is not going to happen anywhere near modern American mass media.
Jerry Springer sells, informed intellectual discourse went off the air ages ago.

As QFE above, Dr. Laura had a chance at making an intelligent salient observation. 
And blew straight past it, in favor of pandering to shit-stirring emotionalism as entertainment.
Is anyone surprised?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

ANy chance you want to address EXACTLY wnat she said in the context she said it, or are you content with dismissing her and her point ( which is a good one by the way) as nothing more than racist so you do not have to face it?
She had an opportunity on her show to deal with racism behind closed doors, which is what this woman was calling to talk about. Instead she tried to play to what she thought her listeners wanted to hear. Apparently Dr. Laura felt that her listners did not want to hear about how private conduct behind closed doors... its obivous to me that the caller didn't say anything to friends and in-laws about being offended by racist comments, that sent a signal to friends and family that it was okay to let their politeness (PC) shield down around her and she got a taste for how people actually think and talk... and imo there's lots of people out there with ugly thoughts that they keep hidden and who say things with other of ilk mind that they won't say in public or directly to the type of people they dislike.So that's the context. is Dr. Laura a racist? I don't know because she didn't say what was on her mind, she was doing her job as an infotainer. as far as the the show goes, the caller was talking apples and Dr. Laura was talking oranges, they really didn't have a meaningful conversation and it was a bad interview.

As far as Dr. LAura... I just dismiss her because I think she missed the point of the call and tried to package the call into her show.... she wanted to talk about hypersensivity, rappers saying n.., and blacks blindly voting for PBO. which were comments that she must think play well with her listeners. She didn't say anything new or enlightening, and even her apology is canned.

So who is at fault for the callers problems.. the caller, if she didn't like the racist comments coming from friends and family, then she needs to speak up, tell them to f off, kick them in the balls or taco, and find new friends and family. Her being miserable is her own doing, no one can read her mind.... and imo Dr. Laura's show would have been much more interesting than n... n... n... which was so absurd its kind of funny.
You do realize that the caller used the "N word" in the exact same context that Dr. Laura did right?  The woman called in complaining about racism, and you expect Dr. Laura ( or really anyone) to instantly be sensitive and sympathetic? Bullshit. There was no racism present, and the caller did everything she could to ( like most cases of racism) find racism where ever she wants to see it. The fact that the caller uses the exact same words that Dr. Laura uses in the exact same context as Dr Laura without objection, is hypocritical. I think  it is somehow expected that the second someone screams racism, we are all supposed to bow and start an apology campaign in order to console the ones claiming offense.  Time for some people to get over themselves, none of us are that important.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-13 22:47:39)

rdx-fx
+955|6561

Lowing wrote:

I think  it is somehow expected that the second someone screams racism, we are all supposed to bow and start an apology campaign in order to console the ones claiming offense.  Time for some people to get over themselves, none of us are not that important.
QFE

This is necessary, if we want to get to a post-racial country.

That is the goal, right?
Equal and fair treatment for all.
Or, did I miss a memo, and it's been changed to 'endless entitlement and permanent anger'?
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

Lowing, you may have a point, but are you seriously this bothered by this? I honestly can't imagine what you are like in real life. Every opportunity you can speak about reverse racism, race hypocrisy, and the race card, you probably do. Weird...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I understand your point lowing and I agree it's hypocritical and stupid but do you really want to be able tp say the word nigger and not be labeled a racist or are you interested in not having to hear the word cracker anymore?

On a sidenote, since you brought up Chris Rock using the word cracker and nigger, I wonder what's your thoughts on this skit
Diesel_dyk
+178|5964|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

So who is at fault for the callers problems.. the caller, if she didn't like the racist comments coming from friends and family, then she needs to speak up, tell them to f off, kick them in the balls or taco, and find new friends and family. Her being miserable is her own doing, no one can read her mind.... and imo Dr. Laura's show would have been much more interesting than n... n... n... which was so absurd its kind of funny.
You do realize that the caller used the "N word" in the exact same context that Dr. Laura did right?  The woman called in complaining about racism, and you expect Dr. Laura ( or really anyone) to instantly be sensitive and sympathetic? Bullshit. There was no racism present, and the caller did everything she could to ( like most cases of racism) find racism where ever she wants to see it. The fact that the caller uses the exact same words that Dr. Laura uses in the exact same context as Dr Laura without objection, is hypocritical. I think  it is somehow expected that the second someone screams racism, we are all supposed to bow and start an apology campaign in order to console the ones claiming offense.  Time for some people to get over themselves, none of us are not that important.
Lowing, I don't want to belabor this thread endlessly making the same point
Like I said, the caller is at fault for not speaking up... she should speak up against racism as she preceeives it when she preceives it.
Then if she is hypersensitive, she'll end up with very few friends. But if she calls them out on their use of language, may be they will change, or may be not. its up to every individual to decide their level of tolerance, its not something that society as a whole can decide what is an acceptable level of racism or perhaps in this case acceptable level of racially charged language.

As far as Dr. Laura,  I don't think that she had a basis to call the caller hypersensitive based on what she said to Dr. Laura, you'd be jumping to conclusions on that one. Dr. Laura basically dismissed the idea that people censor them self in front of people they dislike for irrational reasons like race. I think my analysis of the caller is correct, that her not complaining caused other people to drop their facade of politeness and reveal the way they actually think and talk... and surprise people are nasty to one another. like they say familiarity breeds contempt. and this could all be about the use of language without thinking first.

as RDX said

rdx-fx wrote:

As QFE above, Dr. Laura had a chance at making an intelligent salient observation. 
And blew straight past it, in favor of pandering to shit-stirring emotionalism as entertainment.
Is anyone surprised?
Anyway Lowing, don't blow through the point like Dr. Laura, if you feel uncomfortable with the idea that people talk behind your back, I'll understand
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Schlessinger said "black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO, listen to a black comic, and all you hear is n---, n----, n----."
Facts are inconvenient things.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

I pointed out that leadership is when you own up to your responsibilities, in Palin case, the family did by keeping the baby.
Leadership is not creating a situation in which your subordinates can fuck up in the first place.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

rdx-fx wrote:

Is anyone surprised?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
Haven't read 8 pages, just saw the vid in the OP... wtf is this shit

This is not just hypersensitive, it's down right stupid. It's not like she called anyone a nigger, she just used the word!
Why did she apologise? Honestly I'd love it if someone could explain why "it was wrong".

Wrong my ass! If you can't take a damn word out of context to have a conversation and not be offended by its mere use when it's not directed at anyone in particular then you're plain stupid and that's that.

On a sidenote, that Dr. Laura person didn't let the woman finish her story. Wtf is up with that. You call yourself a doctor bitch, you let the other person finish before arriving to conclusions. Now we don't even know what her husband does exactly.
Plus she betrayed her ethics by apologizing to idiots. That's assuming she had any to begin with.
ƒ³
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Phrozenbot wrote:

Lowing, you may have a point, but are you seriously this bothered by this? I honestly can't imagine what you are like in real life. Every opportunity you can speak about reverse racism, race hypocrisy, and the race card, you probably do. Weird...
Yes I have a point, thank yo very much.

Am I bothered by this in real life? nope not really, because in real life it does not affect me, not any more than in real life, Israel and Hamas affects you. I like to talk about social issues, that is where you are going to find the greatest amount of differences in opinions, thus, the greatest amount of debate. Racial issues and social issues in America is an easy target for such discussions because the hypocrisy is so obvious and blatant, yet so very much denied, I can not help but point it out if, for no other reason, than to watch it be so vehemently defended, dismissed, justified or rationalized all for entertainment purposes if nothing else. I mean the fact that it is denied or justified the way it is, is so comical in its rationalizations, how can you NOT want to talk about it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And there are a hell of a lot of white people who can barely hide their racism, lets talk about that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Macbeth wrote:

I understand your point lowing and I agree it's hypocritical and stupid but do you really want to be able tp say the word nigger and not be labeled a racist or are you interested in not having to hear the word cracker anymore?

On a sidenote, since you brought up Chris Rock using the word cracker and nigger, I wonder what's your thoughts on this skit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6-Wc0PDc4
I have seen the full concert, and I can honestly say I laughed my ass off.

No, I am not offended by the "C word", I couldn't care less. But c'mon, for a person to use the "N word" as every other word in between "motha fucka"  "biatch" and "suck ma dick" in a "sentence", am I really supposed to worry about his feelings and sensativity? Fuck him. If that word or any other word is good enough for him to use, than that person has no right to say shit about how offended they are if someone that is not of their race else uses it...........That is racist isn't it?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

I pointed out that leadership is when you own up to your responsibilities, in Palin case, the family did by keeping the baby.
Leadership is not creating a situation in which your subordinates can fuck up in the first place.
You gotta be kidding me. When you get real I will respond with a worth while post.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

leadership is when you own up to your responsibilities
No, thats responsibility, leadership is something else.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

And there are a hell of a lot of white people who can barely hide their racism, lets talk about that.
Well, we might as well re-direct to that since, we are obviously going to file your response to my post in the dismissal folder, just like I spoke of.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, we might as well re-direct to that since, we are obviously going to file your response to my post in the dismissal folder, just like I spoke of.
Fine.

The black woman ran a perfectly reasonable discussion.

The white woman dived in and starting accusing the black woman of various stereo-typed behaviours.

Who has the problem here?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard