Protos14%14% - 7
Zerg34%34% - 16
Total: 47
Brasso
+1,549|6629

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yea, but you cant build those yet. First thing you can build is pylons.

Pylons create an aura around them, giving you a building radius, just set up a Gateway anywhere near it. Gateway rush means you're setting up Gateways near the enemy base which is in essence, rushing him with a building. Then you just build Zealots and have at her. More gateways = more fun.
Why not just deploy the gateway and start building zealots sending them through to the pylon rather than risk the building
you don't understand protoss do you.
lol

Last edited by Brasso (2010-08-01 15:31:37)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6410|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Why not just deploy the gateway and start building zealots sending them through to the pylon rather than risk the building
Proximity. Most Zealots groups will win against a starter army, and the ability to get reinforcements from a short distance away as well as the speed build offered by the Nexus make it a quick step up to victory. If he retreats his army, nail his workers/supply buildings. He'll need to waste cash defending, while you build your fortune comfortably. Soon, if you play it right, you can deploy better units while he still has zerglings/marines/zealots, giving you a better advantage.
Is there a limited range to the warp-in function of a deployed gateway as to how far away the pylon can be?
Try playing protoss

They spawn at the building, like any other unit. Think of planting a barracks next to the enemy base and sending marines from there versus a barracks in your base and making them walk all the way to the enemy base.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Yea, but you cant build those yet. First thing you can build is pylons.

Pylons create an aura around them, giving you a building radius, just set up a Gateway anywhere near it. Gateway rush means you're setting up Gateways near the enemy base which is in essence, rushing him with a building. Then you just build Zealots and have at her. More gateways = more fun.
you don't understand protoss do you.
The campaign just never explains how the fuck the warp-in of a deployed gateway works so I've never used it....
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Proximity. Most Zealots groups will win against a starter army, and the ability to get reinforcements from a short distance away as well as the speed build offered by the Nexus make it a quick step up to victory. If he retreats his army, nail his workers/supply buildings. He'll need to waste cash defending, while you build your fortune comfortably. Soon, if you play it right, you can deploy better units while he still has zerglings/marines/zealots, giving you a better advantage.
Is there a limited range to the warp-in function of a deployed gateway as to how far away the pylon can be?
Try playing protoss

They spawn at the building, like any other unit. Think of planting a barracks next to the enemy base and sending marines from there versus a barracks in your base and making them walk all the way to the enemy base.
ffs I have been referring all along to the fact that the protoss gateway can be deployed and do some magic mumbo jumbo that teleports units from it to a pylon of choice... yet the campaign does NOTHING to explain how it works, so I have never had the time to try it out,.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Try playing protoss

ffs I have been referring all along to the fact that the protoss gateway can be deployed and do some magic mumbo jumbo that teleports units from it to a pylon of choice... yet the campaign does NOTHING to explain how it works, so I have never had the time to try it out,.
Whaaaaaaaaa? Never heard that
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Try playing protoss

Tychus even mentions it in the campaign "Since when can them pro-toss warp in units anywhere they want?" which Raynor responds to with "not just anywhere, they need a gateway or a powersource nearby"...

It is something about deploying the gateway and then it will spawn the units at a pylon rather than the building itself...
SplinterStrike
Roamer

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Tychus even mentions it in the campaign "Since when can them pro-toss warp in units anywhere they want?" which Raynor responds to with "not just anywhere, they need a gateway or a powersource nearby"...

It is something about deploying the gateway and then it will spawn the units at a pylon rather than the building itself...
Ah.

Protoss buildings are pre-made on an unspecified planet. Used to be Aiur, but that got conquered in SC1, sooooo.... Anyhow, they warp in the building as a whole, which is your little blue sphere that appears when you set a building up. Then, the units come from the same unspecified place and are warped to the building. Different buildings having different specs, they warp in different units. That's Protoss tech in a nutshell

Edit - I need to add Pylons are what support the appearance of those buildings, ie the power source.

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2010-08-01 15:43:10)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

That's a warp gate.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

That's a warp gate.
warp gate then, I thought it was gateway since splinter said zealot spamming, and they are built in the building that can deploy and use the pylon network to send units directly to the field...

SplinterStrike wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Ah.

Protoss buildings are pre-made on an unspecified planet. Used to be Aiur, but that got conquered in SC1, sooooo.... Anyhow, they warp in the building as a whole, which is your little blue sphere that appears when you set a building up. Then, the units come from the same unspecified place and are warped to the building. Different buildings having different specs, they warp in different units. That's Protoss tech in a nutshell

Edit - I need to add Pylons are what support the appearance of those buildings, ie the power source.
Epic fail to understand wtf I am saying...
SplinterStrike
Roamer
Eh, I'm not sure I was able to follow you since the beginning. Warping units from one Pylon to another
FloppY_
­

SplinterStrike wrote:

Eh, I'm not sure I was able to follow you since the beginning. Warping units from one Pylon to another
uh no, I believe it sends units directly from the deployed "barracks" to a pylon of your choice somewhere on the map...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

uh no, I believe it sends units directly from the deployed "barracks" to a pylon of your choice somewhere on the map...
the warp gate warps in units immediately anywhere with power, it then cools down before being able to warp units in again.
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

the warp gate warps in units immediately anywhere with power, it then cools down before being able to warp units in again.
Is there a limit on how many units?

How exactly does it work?
Brasso
+1,549|6629

my god just play multiplayer and you will figure it out
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
FloppY_
­

Brasso wrote:

my god just play multiplayer and you will figure it out
Give me a CD key, anytime bro'

If you want to send me a Hardcopy I will even supply an adress where I can pick it up...
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6712|Purplicious Wisconsin

Aries_37 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Do protoss still have that red ball guy that possesses enemy units?
nope

zerg has the infestor which can take over units though, like the brain thing from starship troopers
Damn, enjoyed that red ball. Was fun possessing zerg and terran builder units and being all 3 races at once.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

War Man wrote:

Aries_37 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Do protoss still have that red ball guy that possesses enemy units?
nope

zerg has the infestor which can take over units though, like the brain thing from starship troopers
Damn, enjoyed that red ball. Was fun possessing zerg and terran builder units and being all 3 races at once.
Well, you can do it as zerg now.
Brasso
+1,549|6629

but its channeled
alexb
<3
+590|5938|Kentucky, USA

Zerg; nothing is more awesome than having 10 Ultralisks and 30 Hydralisks.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California

alexb wrote:

Zerg; nothing is more awesome than having 10 Ultralisks and 30 Hydralisks.
against 30 battlecruisers
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Is there a limit on how many units?

How exactly does it work?
you can upgrade your gateways to warp gates in "in utter darkness"
TravisC555
+118|6218|Cox Convention Center, OK
Terran. Its what I mainly played in SC1, haven't played the others yet in SC2...
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6438|Brisbane, Australia

this thread: flopster'd

on topic: protoss. terran are you normal shitty humans, zerg are mindless monsters and protoss are badass aliens that have lightsabers and huge motherships.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland
why are there no flamebaits in skirmish..
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6364|California

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

this thread: flopster'd

on topic: protoss. terran are you normal shitty humans, zerg are mindless monsters and protoss are badass aliens that have lightsabers and huge motherships.
THEY ARE CALLED psi blades

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard