niomosy
+26|6705
A 16 player server's not a bad idea.  The trick if using c4 is to try and get them in a situation like you would for a knife kill; they don't know it's coming.

Going to have to try using a bit more c4.  Maybe drop clays and hope to steal a SpecOps kit off someone when the opportunity presents itself.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6707|Calgary
Best way to get it........claymores on Warlord.
In the Palace. Wait till the other team captues the flag.
The trick is to rush the enemy flag and drop them as close as possible to the spawn
Don't just drop them anywhere, you gotta run at em. You die a lot but it works

Last edited by Superslim (2006-05-03 15:15:41)

xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6589
I got my vet badge on wake island. The usmc were rushing the airfield from the beach God I miss c4 chucking I should've have kept going for my expert but I got my 23rd kill with 6 tickets left.

Last edited by xixspyder (2006-05-03 15:18:14)

TechGuy
Grammar Nazi
+62|6688
The best way since the new patch is to get on a 20+ player Warlord server, where the only flag the Insurgents have left is one in the mosque-like place joint. There are so many players around the corners at the spawn areas, that you can get some serious kills there! Medics will come and revive the fallen, and you can blast 'em again along with the medics. I'm not talking BS. I had 60+ kills the other night, and AT LEAST 37 of them were by C4. I already had my Xpert C4.

Good luck!
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6707|Calgary

TechGuy wrote:

The best way since the new patch is to get on a 20+ player Warlord server, where the only flag the Insurgents have left is one in the mosque-like place joint. There are so many players around the corners at the spawn areas, that you can get some serious kills there! Medics will come and revive the fallen, and you can blast 'em again along with the medics. I'm not talking BS. I had 60+ kills the other night, and AT LEAST 37 of them were by C4. I already had my Xpert C4.

Good luck!
lol.. you mean the palace. It can be a killing ground. Whether you use claymores or c4.
I laugh sometimes, ppl spawn over and over again just to get killed the same way.
niomosy
+26|6705
Finally!  Warlord finally showed some true love and I got my Expert Explosives

I was SAS.  We ended up taking the 3rd floor quick so I just jumped in and started racking up clay kills.  Not enough of us were spawning on it to defend any time we took it.  I ended up having to squad jump to get to a SL with a position nearest the palace (and still alive) a bunch of times.  I got lucky with a couple of clay kills dropped in the middle of gas.  That and a SL parked in an APC on the back side of the palace doing some killing.  I spawned on him 6 or 7 times and ran in to rack up clay kills even though I'd end up overwhelmed and only be able to neutralize the flag.

We'd finally managed to take the 3rd floor and hold onto it long enough for me to finish off the kills.  Ahh, now I can start racking up pistol kills for a run at Expert Pistol
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

Congrats, good luck with tha handgun ;-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6802|Bulgaria
I want that badge!!!! I have the silver one for now.
It seems that claymores on Karkand are the best way (that's how I got the silver badge) - as people already said.
niomosy
+26|6705

Varegg wrote:

Congrats, good luck with tha handgun ;-)
Getting to 500 kills shouldn't be too bad.  I've got 40 more hours to hit 100 for Sniper and need another 27 hours for MEC to get the Golden Scimitar.  I figure Sharqi's looking pretty good for me.  It's been a decent map for getting some pistol kills in the past for me.  I figure it should work out well.  I admit, I'll miss the zipline and grappling hook, though

The 18 in a round thing will be more difficult.  I'm eyeing Sharqi, Karkand and Warlord as contenders for that.

Nikola Bathory wrote:

I want that badge!!!! I have the silver one for now.
It seems that claymores on Karkand are the best way (that's how I got the silver badge) - as people already said.
I actually got my Vet and Expert on Warlord.  If you've got SF, it's a pretty sweet way to go.  A lot of it is just luck in circumstances staying ideal for you. 

If you do go Karkand, be prepared to switch from Sniper to SpecOps to c4 it if you still need to rack up kills and you aren't in a claymore heaven spot.  That or you might get lucky racking up some AT mine kills.

Last edited by niomosy (2006-05-04 11:15:06)

Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6659|England
Well my best suggestions are to search this topic, and look in BF2 help. Still, I can't talk. Perseverance is the key. Just keep claywhoring the flags on Karkand/Warlord
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6691|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
just some food for thought......

GetOutOfMyTankNoob wrote:

16 player server, 64 player map ("big score servers") with FF turned off. Take Spec Ops and C4 people. You can run up to them, lay C4, and blow it up before they can get away. Rounds usually last about an hour, so that's less than 1 kill a minute. Often, you'll get 2, 3, or 4 people by pre-C4ing a transport and waiting for it to fill up.

Claymores can also work, but I don't like them.
THATS AGAINST EA POLICY
--------------------------------------------------------------------

killer21 wrote:

Dtrich-]X[ wrote:

So i've been trying and trying to get this and just cant whore mines/claymores/c4 enough to make it happen who has the best strategy for this badge. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I read somewhere on here that the easiest place to get that particular badge is on knife and pistol only servers.  I don't even have the basic explosive badge so you know I am a newbie with that lol.   Good luck with that.
SO IS THIS
----------------------------------------------------------------------

not being a prick just letting u know, u dont wanna go through all that work to get the damn badge then get all ur stats reset because u played on "illegal servers"

Last edited by Sgt_Stutta (2006-05-04 11:35:03)

niomosy
+26|6705

Sgt_Stutta wrote:

just some food for thought......

GetOutOfMyTankNoob wrote:

16 player server, 64 player map ("big score servers") with FF turned off. Take Spec Ops and C4 people. You can run up to them, lay C4, and blow it up before they can get away. Rounds usually last about an hour, so that's less than 1 kill a minute. Often, you'll get 2, 3, or 4 people by pre-C4ing a transport and waiting for it to fill up.

Claymores can also work, but I don't like them.
THATS AGAINST EA POLICY
16 player servers running large maps ARE ALLOWED by EA, just check BF2RS if you've got any questions.  FF off is also allowed.  EA suggests that you leave it on but it's only a suggestion as per the RoE.

As further evidence on 16 player servers running large maps, here's one straight from an L2 on BF2RS:

Examples of High Points Servers would include the following:

1. Each team trading flags repeatedly.
2. Mandatory reviving of players to keep the ticket count from dropping.

A 16/18 slot server running 64 player maps is not considered High Points so long as you play the game in a normal manner.

Here's the thread:

http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/forums/ … high+point

As per the RoE on FF:

§ Though it is not required, EA requests that all servers run Friendly Fire at 100% for all settings, including mines (sv.friendlyFireWithMines).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard