ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Lying pukes.
Scare mongering pieces of offal.

Notice how they state with authority;
251 million years ago a mammoth undersea methane bubble caused massive explosions, poisoned the atmosphere and destroyed more than 96 percent of all life on Earth.
http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doo … ling-event

There is NO scientific agreement on what caused that extinction level event.

I remember two months ago talking heads were saying that the Gulf oil spill could be and life ending event. Sort of like Obama opening that anus of a mouth of his and shitting that we are in the " greatest economic disaster since the great depression. "

The difference is, the gulf spill is far from a life ending event, but the whores in power now; every time they open their shit holes to speak they drive the economy down more and more. They are creating a second Great Depression.

They are not to be trusted. There is no morality behind their edicts. Call it a no confidence vote, call it a call to revolution.

We have a government of liars who are unworthy of support. Laws are poorly thought out and selectively enforced. There is nothing they say that should be taken with authority as the truth. The government is composed of criminals and supported by sheep.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … -ever.html

https://i35.tinypic.com/2rohr0p.jpg

Last edited by ATG (2010-08-07 20:26:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I agree in part. All scientific validity vanished from the first article when they chose the most convenient theory to state as undisputed fact.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps

The BP spill is not even a tiny fraction of a percent as bad as the Siberian traps.

Vast volumes of basaltic lava paved over a large expanse of primeval Siberia in a flood basalt  event. Today the area covered is about 2 million km² – roughly equal to western Europe in land area – and estimates of the original coverage are as high as 7 million km². The original volume of lava is estimated to range from 1 to 4 million km³.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

I remember two months ago talking heads were saying that the Gulf oil spill could be and life ending event. Sort of like Obama opening that anus of a mouth of his and shitting that we are in the " greatest economic disaster since the great depression. "

The difference is, the gulf spill is far from a life ending event, but the whores in power now; every time they open their shit holes to speak they drive the economy down more and more. They are creating a second Great Depression.
The volatility of the stock market is a long term, endemic problem.  Granted, it's more volatile now than it has been since the Great Depression.

Too much of the market in general hinges on the finicky behavior of the public.  The only reason the words of a leader can hold so much weight on the economy is precisely because too many investors wet their pants over the slightest sign of trouble.

Private trading is so much more stable.
ATG
Banned

DrunkFace wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Traps

The BP spill is not even a tiny fraction of a percent as bad as the Siberian traps.

Vast volumes of basaltic lava paved over a large expanse of primeval Siberia in a flood basalt  event. Today the area covered is about 2 million km² – roughly equal to western Europe in land area – and estimates of the original coverage are as high as 7 million km². The original volume of lava is estimated to range from 1 to 4 million km³.
wat
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6319|Australia
Measurements of the multiple oil plumes now appearing miles from the wellhead indicate that as much as a total  of 124,000 barrels of oil are erupting into the Gulf waters daily-that’s about 5,208,000 gallons of oil per day.
Surly if this was really happening, it would be obvious to spot? I remember reading that they've plugged the well, and it's no longer leaking oil. If the above is occurring, a media blackout won't stop people from noticing the fact that oil is still constantly washing up on the shore.

:S
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Measurements of the multiple oil plumes now appearing miles from the wellhead indicate that as much as a total  of 124,000 barrels of oil are erupting into the Gulf waters daily-that’s about 5,208,000 gallons of oil per day.
Surly if this was really happening, it would be obvious to spot? I remember reading that they've plugged the well, and it's no longer leaking oil. If the above is occurring, a media blackout won't stop people from noticing the fact that oil is still constantly washing up on the shore.

My brother just got back after spending four weeks at the well site. He said everything has been blown vastly out of proportion and the spill is barely noticeable, even only a few football fields away like he was. The vast majority of the oil and natural gas was burned off in a giant flare as soon as it reached the surface.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6708|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I'll see if I can find the links again, but I'm almost positive that I remember reading that this theory was scientifically disproved a couple months ago.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
what in the holy name of fuck has happened to d&st

i go away from a week and FUCKING ATG is complaining about DOOMSDAY HYPE and CONSPIRACY nuts

holy shit put a mirror to your last 3 years of batshit insane mumbo-jumbo
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ATG
Banned
All that I am saying is that this admin has hyped every problem and concern to the point that they cannot be trusted in anything they say.

No crisis wasted, etc.

The last three years has seen most all of my theories proven correct.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
i think the media, political sphere and general industry are doing a marvellous PR job of covering up the real scale of the gulf spill

for what it's worth

as for every other nutjob conspiracy theory / hype-machine: you can't selectively choose some and not others

you're either in the whacko, falling-for-farout-theories camp, or you're rational, reasonable and intelligent.

flip a coin!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Uzique wrote:

i think the media, political sphere and general industry are doing a marvellous PR job of covering up the real scale of the gulf spill

for what it's worth

as for every other nutjob conspiracy theory / hype-machine: you can't selectively choose some and not others

you're either in the whacko, falling-for-farout-theories camp, or you're rational, reasonable and intelligent.

flip a coin!
My coin landed on heads.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ATG
Banned

Uzique wrote:

for what it's worth

flip a coin!
Wait, you are saying " i think the media, political sphere and general industry are doing a marvellous PR job of covering up the real scale of the gulf spill "

which implies a conspiracy to cover up the scope of the spill.

then you say " as for every other nutjob conspiracy theory / hype-machine: you can't selectively choose some and not others "

You are so conflicted its a wonder you don't spontaneously dis-articulate and end your life in a puddle of goo and bones on the floor of your ' flat '.

" you're either in the whacko, falling-for-farout-theories camp, or you're rational, reasonable and intelligent. "

So explain; from reading your post I have no idea which camp you are in.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
errm making a pretty obvious-statement about the nature of the oil-industry / purpose of a PR department

is not 'conspiracy'.

far fucking from anything even remotely resembling a 'conspiracy'.

PR agents and political/big-business interests utilizing media sources to downplay an incident is not OMG MEDIA MANIPULATION BRAINWASHING PSY-OPS POPULATION CONTROL MENTAL COERCION ILLUMINATI SKULL N BONES CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO... it's the obvious fuckin' nature of the business.

btw i'd describe my camp as 'realist', or alternatively a definition along the lines of 'grounded in reality; or, the REAL WORLD'

Last edited by Uzique (2010-08-08 11:14:54)

ATG
Banned
So, where's the oil?

This was hyped into maximum overdrive by a powermad admin hell bent on passing cap and trade. Which will kill the economy.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
do you really want me to give my view and substantiate my own evidence for the oil-spill?

just to back-up as a minor point the fact that i think BP can afford good lawyers / public-government connections / PR representatives?

seriously?

if you think accusations of fucking RIHANNA being an illuminati media-puppet, and simple observations that huge oil corporations and the biggest global-capitalist forces in the world have ample media skills, are on the same stroke of 'conspiratorial' nutjobbishness... then you have lost the plot.
ATG
Banned
tbh I didn't watch one video in the OP.
I don't need to.

So the reports of skim boats not finding any oil are fake then?

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6720676n
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
im not saying they're fake, no... i haven't actually mentioned any specific news reports, here.

im just making the (very obvious) generalisation that BP's PR department, private-lawyers and government connections / economic interests, have pulled a lot of weight in order to make a big problem seem like a more... manage-able problem. jesus man, this well was leaking for a LONG ass time. far too long a time for one of the supposedly biggest, richest, most powerful and most technologically advanced industries to deal with. the long-term damage to the environment, the local economy/community and the health of individuals near or exposed cannot be accurately estimated. BP have done a lot to minimize their damages by utilizing good media presence, that's all im saying.

here's an example: BP's spending on advertising, particularly internet advertizing, went up tenfold after the accident. why? so that anyone searching popular search-engines, e.g. google, for 'BP Oil Spill' or queries as-such would get a bunch of pro-BP websites, satellite sites to the main corporate body, and a bunch of generally 'positive' results and accompanying adverts about the company. that's what i mean by the using of PR departments, corporate-interests and the media generally to 'achieve' a result.
ATG
Banned
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
im not saying it has worked in the long-run; im just saying that was an initial propagandist strategy of theirs...

dude, are you really arguing the point?

clean-up workers quitting because they were being instructed to only remove surface levels of sand (making the beaches 'look' clean); adam dillon, ex bp-contractor, fired for questioning the clean-up operation and the media control by the oil industry; bp creating a strict no-fly, no-sail zone banning aerial surveillance and journalist's cameras from the area, with the enforcement of the coast guard and legal/government backing with huge financial penalties for crossing into restricted waters; workers being obliged to sign non-disclosure contracts (much of those workers being forced prison labour, changed from 'convict' overalls into more anonymous uniforms after a small media furore, even then); journalists and media recording technologies confiscated by bp through same federal/coast-guard force; data on worker exposure to oil and fumes is suppressed and not yet in the public domain; scientists are similarly not allowed data that could help research, information and investigations of long-term ecological and human-health concerns; bird sanctuary workers/volunteers not allowed to put tracking equipment or monitoring devices on birds-- similarly punished by fines for entering sanctuaries and bird-islands declared 'restricted'; Drew Wheelan states the data on the volume of gas coming up was constantly spun by PR doctors and media-gurus to make the amounts smaller and the impacts lesser; CNN's Anderson Cooper expressing discontent at all this covering-up and general lack of journalistic/investigative 'freedom'.

it's been a PR victory for BP and the oil industry. a huge covering of interests, financial and political, for the industry and the federal government.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

large areas of the water are on fire.  people have been taken to medical care after walking into pockets of gas and fumes that has literally rendered them unconscious and/or made them physically sick or suffering from toxic-symptoms days later, e.g. sore, burning tongue and throat. the vietnamese shrimping industry, heavily reliant on small allotments of water, will be practically eradicated and/or abandoned within 12 months.

... people aren't seeing tangible effects to this spill?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

All that I am saying is that this admin has hyped every problem and concern to the point that they cannot be trusted in anything they say.

No crisis wasted, etc.

The last three years has seen most all of my theories proven correct.
You know, Obama isn't the only recent president who's done that...  *cough* Bush *cough* war on terror...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
the bush regime is, at the culmination of a pretty egregious 20th-century record, the worst culprit for the political sphere being undermined, stamped on and generally made a pawn to the big-industry buffs of oil and their media peons... bush's entire regime was basically a part-time political neocon force, part-time big oil prospectors/investors...
pace51
Boom?
+194|5165|Markham, Ontario

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I agree in part. All scientific validity vanished from the first article when they chose the most convenient theory to state as undisputed fact.
Exactly, that goes against everything science stands for. There's a reason that hypothesis are called educated guesses, not gospel fact. I'd take the article more seriously if they ackknowledged other possibilities. Like, science is proof. So why are they forgetting that fact?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard