Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Freezer7Pro wrote:

So, upon turning the machine on today, the middle-click scroll function has ceased working in Firefox.

What the hell.
Only in Firefox?

If so trash the local user plists for it and it'll probably work again.
Benzin
+576|6000
Freezer, why have you never decided to actually start a semi-professional blog so as to catalog all of your stuff?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6692|Devon, England
Sex appeal.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Bertster7 wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

So, upon turning the machine on today, the middle-click scroll function has ceased working in Firefox.

What the hell.
Only in Firefox?

If so trash the local user plists for it and it'll probably work again.
I found the problem, I had accidentally un-checked "use autoscroll" rather than "use smooth scrolling" in the advanced settings. Whoopsy-daisy!

CapnNismo wrote:

Freezer, why have you never decided to actually start a semi-professional blog so as to catalog all of your stuff?
I've considered it many times, but I've always just come to the conclusion that it'd be a very short-lived project.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Benzin
+576|6000
I think you could do quite well. No reason to set up a professional WordPress blog, but using something like Tumblr should be more than easy. Then whatever you would normally post to BF2s just also post there. You've made so many posts here, not sure why it would be a short-lived project.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

CapnNismo wrote:

I think you could do quite well. No reason to set up a professional WordPress blog, but using something like Tumblr should be more than easy. Then whatever you would normally post to BF2s just also post there. You've made so many posts here, not sure why it would be a short-lived project.
Alright. How 'bout this: http://freezers-junk.tumblr.com/
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

So who else was expecting to see a picture of a cock after reading that URL?

Last edited by ghettoperson (2010-08-08 09:29:06)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

So why else was expecting to see a picture of a cock after reading that URL?
And your expectations were more or less true, if you catch my drift.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
freezer do you seriously think we give a fuck that you're using a mac for a week?

holy shit bro your tech-forum ego is crazy... are you even for real doing this?

IN THIS NEXT THREAD (PLEASE STICKY ASAP) I, UZIQUE THE TECH-GREAT, SHALL USE AN IPHONE AND DOCUMENT WITH MY EXPERT OPINION AND JUDICIAL EVALUATION OF THIS GADGET. PLEASE READ THIS THREAD AND CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU SHOULD DEFINITIVELY EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS TECHNOLOGY-- PLEASE DISREGARD EVERYONE ELSE, EVER. THANK YOU.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
I missed you, Aaron.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Fuck sake freezer, these computers are designed so people like this can use them:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/4440/obama2k.jpg

and you can't even get the mouse to work?
Those very same ppl send the hole MAC to repair if the mouse is not working...
hey pc-wiseass, my dad has used windows laptops and pc's his whole life and he'll go to a computer store as soon as shit stops working, too.

protip: almost EVERY SINGLE AVERAGE CONSUMER IN THE WORLD WILL DO THIS

conclusion after wasting my life on this piece-of-shit thread:

freezer makes 4 posts judging OSX shortcuts and keyboard functionality whilst refusing to use the OSX NATIVE KEYBOARD

trying to get shortcuts on apple-macs without the apple SHORTCUT KEY is...

well about as futile as trying to get you laid

fuck me sometimes this tech thread is full of the weirdest forms of pc-geek hegemony
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
i hereby declare windows pc's absolutely rubbish and worthy of the highest forms of tech contempt

i have arrived at this conclusion after a thorough, empirical test of the machine and platform's utmost capabilities

i couldn't even get basic shortcuts or operations in microsoft office to work

my keyboard didn't have the CTRL, ALT, or Windows key but i feel this is irrelevant as it is a plastic, completely separate peripheral

i also find the platform to be most unsatisfactorily slow, unresponsive and not-fit-for-gaming, generally

this is because, of course, as my first post highlights- they are SIMPLY INCAPABLE

btw my machine is 7 years old and has the same specs as modern calculators

but this is also totally irrelevant

thus, windows SUCKS
Racoon_Flyer
+10|5935|Cambridge, UK
What the fuck is your problem.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
seemingly the same itch that drives these ardent pc geeks to make posts/threads/'points' every other day

accept that other people choose to experience, engage with and use technology in different ways to yourself

stop masquerading your silly inane unfounded little rivalries/gripes/hatreds with the poor imitation of a 'fair trial'.

you're never gonna come across as anything other than a first-class retard
Racoon_Flyer
+10|5935|Cambridge, UK

Uzique wrote:

yeah it's called 'install OSX'
And this is exactly the reason why people make topics like this
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
dictionary reference the word 'reaction'.

maybe adapt into the common phrase-cliche: 'kneejerk-reaction'.

maybe just EVEN learn to distinguish between people being facetious and piss-taking and people genuinely making dumb fucking statements.
Benzin
+576|6000
I love Uzique
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

freezer do you seriously think we give a fuck that you're using a mac for a week?

holy shit bro your tech-forum ego is crazy... are you even for real doing this?

IN THIS NEXT THREAD (PLEASE STICKY ASAP) I, UZIQUE THE TECH-GREAT, SHALL USE AN IPHONE AND DOCUMENT WITH MY EXPERT OPINION AND JUDICIAL EVALUATION OF THIS GADGET. PLEASE READ THIS THREAD AND CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU SHOULD DEFINITIVELY EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS TECHNOLOGY-- PLEASE DISREGARD EVERYONE ELSE, EVER. THANK YOU.
So, in your opinion, it's better if I just keep saying that OS X sucks without any ground at all?

Shouldn't you be glad that I'm giving the stuff you seem to love so dearly a chance?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
freezer i cannot even begin with you

if you think using a far-outdated machine running OSX without the necessary OSX peripherals is going anywhere near developing a 'grounding' or 'knowledge' of the platform/device/brand generally... then how ridiculously misguided you are. complaining about shortcut/hotkey troubles when you don't even have the apple-key is, like my absurd analogy hopefully drummed through to you, whining about windows being a bit inconvenient to use without the CTRL, ALT or WIN keys. to echo your gripe about  copy+pasting: "DAMMIT there's no easy-shortcut in this SHITTY WINDOWS without the CTRL!". well, quelle surprise, there's no easy copy on OSX without the APPLE key. protip: it's apple+c / apple+v. complicated for a windows->OSX crossover, i know, i know...

i'd be glad, of course, if you were 'giving it a chance'. creating a thread so you can publicly (this thread is clearly just some petty attempt to appear 'objective and rational' and continue your senseless bitching) denounce apple for whimsical, ridiculous or downright retarded reasons isn't something to be 'glad' of. i imagine even the already pointlessly anti-apple crowd have little to appreciate here.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-08-08 11:09:18)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

freezer i cannot even begin with you

if you think using a far-outdated machine running OSX without the necessary OSX peripherals is going anywhere near developing a 'grounding' or 'knowledge' of the platform/device/brand generally... then how ridiculously misguided you are. complaining about shortcut/hotkey troubles when you don't even have the apple-key is, like my absurd analogy hopefully drummed through to you, whining about windows being a bit inconvenient to use without the CTRL, ALT or WIN keys. to echo your gripe about  copy+pasting: "DAMMIT there's no easy-shortcut in this SHITTY WINDOWS without the CTRL!". well, quelle surprise, there's no easy copy on OSX without the APPLE key. protip: it's apple+c / apple+v. complicated for a windows->OSX crossover, i know, i know...
Dude, the "Apple key" is just the same as the "Windows key" on a standard-issue keyboard. If you would have read the thread, you would also have seen the post I made about how easy it was to configure to my liking, switching Command to CTRL and the other way around. It works great.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
... and in so far as making comments about OSX being 'incapable of gaming'?

errrm sure that's not because you're using a system with the hardware-muscle of a fucking abacus?

btw i will contend that, comparatively, OSX will run much more smoothly with that hardware-setup than, say, windows vista or windows 7 would. especially in 64-bit applications. now there's a 'grounded knowledge' you'll get from using both platforms in a truly objective, rational and non-bias way.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-08-08 11:17:20)

Racoon_Flyer
+10|5935|Cambridge, UK
Its all great if it runs more smoothly but OSX is crap and useless so it doesn't matter.

(Note to Uzique: This was a joke that I knew would get under your skin)

Last edited by Racoon_Flyer (2010-08-08 11:39:23)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6198|Winland

Uzique wrote:

... and in so far as making comments about OSX being 'incapable of gaming'?

errrm sure that's not because you're using a system with the hardware-muscle of a fucking abacus?
How about comprehending what you've read?

I'll use this machine, with its native operating system, for all my every-day tasks (aside from gaming and other stuff that it [THE MACHINE] obviously can't handle).
And to further strengthen that point, it's not only quite slow, but it's also Power PC-based, so I can't run any games compiled for x86 on it, no matter what I do.

And when I make comparisons, I obviously won't make side-by-side comparisons to a more powerful machine. I've also got Debian installed on it, which quite frankly runs far smoother than OS X.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2010-08-08 14:07:31)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Day 2 with my MacBook Pro.

Loving it so far, although it's difficult to get used to. Also, the charger and bottom of the laptop get so hot it seems like they could start a fire.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Top left area, next to the Esc key?

That's where the CPU is I think. Played CS:S on my mates 15" i5 and that part got TOASTY.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard