ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Read;

The Phoenix

In 1988, The Economist ran an article titled, Get Ready for the Phoenix, in which they wrote, “THIRTY years from now, Americans, Japanese, Europeans, and people in many other rich countries and some relatively poor ones will probably be paying for their shopping with the same currency. Prices will be quoted not in dollars, yen or D-marks but in, let's say, the phoenix. The phoenix will be favoured by companies and shoppers because it will be more convenient than today's national currencies, which by then will seem a quaint cause of much disruption to economic life in the late twentieth century.”

The article stated that, “The market crash [of 1987] taught [governments] that the pretence of policy cooperation can be worse than nothing, and that until real co-operation is feasible (ie, until governments surrender some economic sovereignty) further attempts to peg currencies will flounder.” Amazingly the article states that, “Several more big exchange-rate upsets, a few more stockmarket crashes and probably a slump or two will be needed before politicians are willing to face squarely up to that choice. This points to a muddled sequence of emergency followed by patch-up followed by emergency, stretching out far beyond 2018-except for two things. As time passes, the damage caused by currency instability is gradually going to mount; and the very trends that will make it mount are making the utopia of monetary union feasible.”

Further, the article stated that, “The phoenix zone would impose tight constraints on national governments. There would be no such thing, for instance, as a national monetary policy. The world phoenix supply would be fixed by a new central bank, descended perhaps from the IMF. The world inflation rate-and hence, within narrow margins, each national inflation rate-would be in its charge. Each country could use taxes and public spending to offset temporary falls in demand, but it would have to borrow rather than print money to finance its budget deficit.” The author admits that, “This means a big loss of economic sovereignty, but the trends that make the phoenix so appealing are taking that sovereignty away in any case. Even in a world of more-or-less floating exchange rates, individual governments have seen their policy independence checked by an unfriendly outside world.”

The article concludes in stating that, “The phoenix would probably start as a cocktail of national currencies, just as the Special Drawing Right is today. In time, though, its value against national currencies would cease to matter, because people would choose it for its convenience and the stability of its purchasing power.” The last sentence states, “Pencil in the phoenix for around 2018, and welcome it when it comes.”

google will tell you more
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
GL on getting governments to sign onto that shit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rdx-fx
+955|6561
There's also a famous quote, by an Ambassador(?).

When asked his opinion on the consequences of the Treaty of Versailles, as he was leaving the building after the signing (28 June 1919), he replied with
"The conditions of this treaty are such that it will result in another world war 20 years from now"

He was off by 2 months (28 June 1919 - September 1, 1939).

Doesn't mean he was quoting from the Secret Illuminati Plan Book (Rev. 9b- 1901-2001)

Note: it's late, I'm going off memory for the above quote.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-08 00:52:20)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm a member. We've been releasing this soft of stuff into the general population for centuries. Using the most common medium has always been seen as the most effective.

These days, that medium happens to be through music. It's for shits and giggles.

Also: we built the pyramids.
I as well, secret handshake knuckles. now we can laugh at all the ants
rdx-fx
+955|6561
Here's a conspiracy theory for you:

The above posts are the masterpiece meta-troll of a fictionalized internet persona named ATG.

All these many months, he has been building a wilder and more interesting persona, culminating in a straight-faced presentation of the granddaddy of conspiracy theory amalgamations.

Bravo.

The only other person I know with the patience, genius, and perversity of mind to do such a meta-troll would be my old roommate Jon Dodge.

(See what I did there?)
rdx-fx
+955|6561
It's late

I'll bid you good night, and leave you with this as a final note;

Ioan92
+337|5692
What I find funny:

I know this since my early childhood, from figuring it out myself.

You people just figured out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
There is a whole lot of stupid in this thread.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

JohnG@lt wrote:

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
Sure, now that tweedle dee and tweedle dum and shown up.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
rich men and power-brokers like to get together every now and then to suck each other's dicks and play rich-people games

however they do not agglomerate and organize that social-activity into a century-spanning world domination network

batshit insane conspiracies stay batshit insane conspiracies for a reason

protip:

Spoiler (highlight to read):
that reason isn't because 'those in power' suppress the 'truth', as convenient as that is for your non-argument
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Ioan92 wrote:

What I find funny:

I know this since my early childhood, from figuring it out myself.

You people just figured out.
Sarcasm is supposed to be somewhat subtle....
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
Watched it all. Pretty crazy. I dunno about the DMX stuff but the Eminem stuff sure seems pretty true. He's made a complete 180 on self image since the beginning.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
i believe their is Illuminati
and they have some influence
but i dont believe everything without evidence
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Spark wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Canadians did 9/11
ATG
Banned

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Canadians did 9/11
Look, I know this may be a novel concept, but we are attempting to discuss a serious topic.

So, perhaps you might consider doing some research and posting thoughts that are at least somewhat on topic.

The only thing more stupid than a person who believes the Illuminati controls everything is one who says they do not exist.

http://www.rushlimbaughsites.com/opinio … ction-754/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
they're not so secretive if everyone knows about them amirite.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ATG
Banned
Their existence has never been a secret.

Its what they do and who they own.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

One question: Lets assume there is the all seeing eye, a super secret conspiracy and a boys club that aims to take control of the world ... what are you going to do about it, what can you do about it?

Another question: What if the believes of a myth and a conspiracy is what gives these men that very power?

Lets put this into context in the easiest way possible:
*If you try to start a religion and nobody believes your message you will not gain any real power over your target group.
*If they believe your message you will gain power over the group.
*If your group grow large enough a second group will eventually emerge, those that think you have a hidden agenda.
*If you have a hidden agenda and ultimate power is your goal, what will you do with all that power, what is its purpose?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6455|England
lol its so funny how you most of you fools think this is a conspiracy theory

so some fucking research and you'll find its all true, fuckin brainwashed idiots.
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

LostFate wrote:

lol its so funny how you most of you fools think this is a conspiracy theory

so some fucking research and you'll find its all true, fuckin brainwashed idiots.
So what is it then if you are able to sum it up without the insults?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6455|England
Watch this varegg mate, spread the word man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4JHB3y … re=related
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

LostFate wrote:

Watch this varegg mate, spread the word man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4JHB3y … re=related
Care to comment on my post further up?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard