mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia

Eifa wrote:

Right, I cba to make a new thread so I'll just ask here. Has anyone synced their iphone with facebook? I'm not quite sure if I want to do that as it said that all the contacts in my phone will be sent to fb and I'm not 100% sure what that stands for. Will the contacts be visible to everyone or what? O.o
I just googled this: http://www.insidefacebook.com/2010/01/0 … -features/

part of the update is the ability to sync the profile photo and URL of your Facebook friends with your iPhone contact list. The app appears to match the names of Facebook friends with the names of your iPhone contacts. The URL for each friends’ profile appears as a link within their address book entry that, when clicked on, opens their Facebook profile within the Facebook iPhone app
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6127|Carnoustie MASSIF

Eifa wrote:

Right, I cba to make a new thread so I'll just ask here. Has anyone synced their iphone with facebook? I'm not quite sure if I want to do that as it said that all the contacts in my phone will be sent to fb and I'm not 100% sure what that stands for. Will the contacts be visible to everyone or what? O.o
My Blackberry did it automatically, nothing was sent to facebook, and all facebook contacts were synced with my phone
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
Same with my Android.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6127|Carnoustie MASSIF

FFLink wrote:

Same with my Android.
o/
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5868|00770
roger that, and thank you
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

Whoever said, "Macs just work"...

He was wrong. Dead wrong.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Whoever said, "Macs just work"...

He was wrong. Dead wrong.
You must be new here.
Benzin
+576|5995
Need a quick question answered: Friend is trying to build a computer for graphic design. His current machine has lasted him 5 years and he wants to get the same kind of life out of this one. I'm thinking a Phenom II X6 1055T as the CPU, but I am having a hard time deciding what GPU to set him up with. A 5770 is probably a bit too much, what about a 5670 (512MB) or is this probably too much? I think he does some gaming on the side every now and again, so please keep that in mind when helping me with this.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas

CapnNismo wrote:

Need a quick question answered: Friend is trying to build a computer for graphic design. His current machine has lasted him 5 years and he wants to get the same kind of life out of this one. I'm thinking a Phenom II X6 1055T as the CPU, but I am having a hard time deciding what GPU to set him up with. A 5770 is probably a bit too much, what about a 5670 (512MB) or is this probably too much? I think he does some gaming on the side every now and again, so please keep that in mind when helping me with this.
I think it just depends on the budget. You could do a 5750...
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

You should find out if he wants to play games or not, for sure. If not, an 8400GS is fine.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Well graphic design - I'm guessing photoshop, maybe C.A.D? They both have GPU support, so I think a 5770 would be quite good for him. Should check if the programs he's using support more than 4 cores, if not an i5 would be better.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Benzin
+576|5995
Budget is already at the limit at the moment. Have to wait and hear back from my friend and see how he feels about going more performance-minded with the GPU. I plugged a 512MB 5670 into it just so as there was something in there to help him see what it COULD cost. Thanks for the response.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
Infact, if I remember correctly, some graphic design programs support CUDA, so perhaps a GTX 260 would be better.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Benzin
+576|5995
OK, I'll be sure to ask him what he's using and what GPU tech his programs all use. I've geared the build with the 6 cores more towards future-proofing. Better to give him some expansion room rather than constrict him too much, I would guess.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Buying any GPU other than the GTX460 is stupid IMO.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK
Microsoft are about to ruin Windows Live Messenger by trying to turn it into a kind of Facebook thing.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

liquidat0r wrote:

Microsoft are about to ruin Windows Live Messenger by trying to turn it into a kind of Facebook thing.
Windows Live Messenger has been shit since version 7.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK
It has? I'd say it has improved quite a lot. In terms of looks - as that's pretty much the only thing that has changed (dramatically).

https://i35.tinypic.com/a1oakm.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

liquidat0r wrote:

It has? I'd say it has improved quite a lot. In terms of looks - as that's pretty much the only thing that has changed (dramatically).

http://i35.tinypic.com/a1oakm.png
They've added far too many useless features since then. I liked version 6, it was so straight forward, but then the whole "Windows Live" thing came about, and they started turning it into Myspace mini.

That's when I swapped to Miranda IM. It's vastly superior.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK
Yeah, I've basically just ignored all of the extra features. Mine functions as a simple IM client that looks pretty, as shown above.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

Pidgin ftw. Although now when I log in to my hotmail inbox it signs me out of MSN in Pidgin. I think messengers been integrated into the Windows live mail inbox so pidgin thinks I'm logged in twice
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6624|UK
Pretty sure you can tell the windows live mail client not to sign you in.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas
So i feel dumb for asking this, but how do I setup my rokit 5's? My sound card only has aux output it seems The monitors came with XLR cables.

Halp.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia

Bevo wrote:

So i feel dumb for asking this, but how do I setup my rokit 5's? My sound card only has aux output it seems The monitors came with XLR cables.

Halp.
lel.. get a DAC with XLR out. Actually, since they are monitor type speakers, you'd really want a DAC over a standard soundcard...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard