LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6456|England

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If I go into a bank I get filmed, if someone chooses to be a Police officer their behaviour will be scrutinised every time they are in public.
Hard luck, don't take the job if you don't like it.

Personally I've seen enough Police officers lie straight-faced about their conduct, you can find enough examples on the net of Police officers committing crimes, fitting up members of the public and only being exposed through video evidence that it doesn't matter.

If you believe the Police should be given absolute power and no-one should be allowed to monitor what they do then please move to North Korea.
Never said cops should not be held accountable for their mistakes or crimes. But how about we afford them that little right, "innocent until proven guilty"  and not seek evidence on them before we have a crime, like we do everyone else shall we?
Lowing mate watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X12G4DJ0 … re=related

And tell me this is democracy, its Nazi Germany for fuck sake.
jaydevil2003
+2|6300|CANADA

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If I go into a bank I get filmed, if someone chooses to be a Police officer their behaviour will be scrutinised every time they are in public.

Personally I've seen enough Police officers lie straight-faced about their conduct, you can find enough examples on the net of Police officers committing crimes, fitting up members of the public and only being exposed through video evidence that it doesn't matter.

If you believe the Police should be given absolute power and no-one should be allowed to monitor what they do then please move to North Korea.
Never said cops should not be held accountable for their mistakes or crimes. But how about we afford them that little right, "innocent until proven guilty"  and not seek evidence on them before we have a crime, like we do everyone else shall we?
Don't cops have cameras in their cars already?  Shouldn't police be held to a greater standard than the public?   Police shouldn't expect privacy any more than the gerneral public when in a public area.  IMO, I don't think that "innocent until proven guilty" is relevant here.  No one is on trial.  Yet...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida

LostFate wrote:

Violent mob < Police riot squads

Sure its easy to look at a youtube video and think its heavy handed and oppressive but the fact is we need anti riot squads for the safety of the public.  Say what you want about police corruption but this isn't really the same.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because its very hard to gather evidence after the event.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because its very hard to gather evidence after the event.
So you are actually an advocate for gathering evidence BEFORE the fact, huh?

Well I like where this is headed...keep going.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6513|Texas - Bigger than France
Any time you put any criminal or supposed criminal activity on youtube, it messes up the case.

Whether it's a guy holding up a bank, or a cop being filmed making an arrest.

Seems like a shitty hobby for a bunch of paranoid folks.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom

Pug wrote:

Any time you put any criminal or supposed criminal activity on youtube, it messes up the case.

you could say the same thing about newspapers and the media reporting on a crime too though
Tu Stultus Es
LostFate
+95|6456|England

Spearhead wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Violent mob < Police riot squads

Sure its easy to look at a youtube video and think its heavy handed and oppressive but the fact is we need anti riot squads for the safety of the public.  Say what you want about police corruption but this isn't really the same.
Heavy handed?  Its full on oppression of free will, you know what just sit back and take this shit ! carry on letting them fuck you and see where you end up.

And when exactly were the crown violent?   you should be ashamed of yourself for letting this happen and actually defending it.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-08-05 09:27:37)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6513|Texas - Bigger than France

eleven bravo wrote:

Pug wrote:

you could say the same thing about newspapers and the media reporting on a crime too though
reporters are trained.  so usually the "news" would either be crafty or at least not reckless in nature...

...in theory anyway
nlsme1
+32|5388

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

so you have no problem with someone following you with a fuckin camera just in case you do somethnig wrong they can capture it and post it on the internet, or turn it in? I call 17 different kinds of bullshit on that
If I'm not doing anything and there's nothing to see they'll get bored eventually.

If the Police have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear right?
that argument is fulla shit it ain't even funny.

It has nothing to do with if you do anything wrong or not, it has everything to do with not wanting your every move to be record and scrutinized, and you know it.
There is no law saying citizens can't be filmed. Why should police have this?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If I'm not doing anything and there's nothing to see they'll get bored eventually.

If the Police have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear right?

It has nothing to do with if you do anything wrong or not, it has everything to do with not wanting your every move to be record and scrutinized, and you know it.
lol apparently you have not heard of invasion of privacy.... Anyway  Iwill bite, tell me you have no problem of someone following your ass filming you in order to capture something he doesn't like on film.
LostFate
+95|6456|England

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

lol apparently you have not heard of invasion of privacy.... Anyway  Iwill bite, tell me you have no problem of someone following your ass filming you in order to capture something he doesn't like on film.
Even you're not stupid enough to know there's a difference lowing, Police are Supposed to uphold the law and are granted powers that can be Abused and that are abused on a daily basis we are not.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

LostFate wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

Even you're not stupid enough to know there's a difference lowing, Police are Supposed to uphold the law and are granted powers that can be Abused and that are abused on a daily basis we are not.
Yup and they are also innocent until proven guilty just like everyone else.

what you advocate is seeking evidence before you have a crime or even suspect  one will happen. Is this really the road you want to travel?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY

lowing wrote:

what you advocate is seeking evidence before you have a crime or even suspect  one will happen. Is this really the road you want to travel?
What do you think a surveillance camera does?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Go back and read, the differences have already been addressed.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

Not really.  You just assert that there is a difference between a surveillance camera and when a person follows you around with a camera.  Is there really that much of a difference?  When I was in college, anywhere you went outside, you were pretty much guaranteed to be on camera.  How is that different from being followed while doing a public duty?

Personally, I like the idea of filming police on the job, for the protection of everyone.  Things like dashboard cameras can do that pretty nicely.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

SenorToenails wrote:

lowing wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

Not really.  You just assert that there is a difference between a surveillance camera and when a person follows you around with a camera.  Is there really that much of a difference?  When I was in college, anywhere you went outside, you were pretty much guaranteed to be on camera.  How is that different from being followed while doing a public duty?

Personally, I like the idea of filming police on the job, for the protection of everyone.  Things like dashboard cameras can do that pretty nicely.
Well if you can see the difference between filming a bank entrance ( for example) and specifically being singles out, followed around and filmed.we are way too apart for any real dialog.
nlsme1
+32|5388

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

There is NO law to grant ANY expectation of privacy in the PUBLIC. I am filmed everyday. Employers film their employees everyday. YOU, are filmed EVERY day.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

lowing wrote:

Well if you can see the difference between filming a bank entrance ( for example) and specifically being singles out, followed around and filmed.we are way too apart for any real dialog.
If it were only the bank entrance, sure.  But what about the cameras in the rest of the bank?  Or in other buildings and covering areas of ground?  The filming can be so complete that you're on at least one camera no matter what.  That's no different from being followed.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
If politicians and police do not have cameras trained on their every mover they will obey their desire to steal, beat and kill.
As they cannot be trusted in any manner they  need to be filmed.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

in Provo, UT yesterday, a former policeman was fired from his job. investigating a fender bender, this traffic cop let one of the parties go on his way.
the other involved party, a 29 yr. old female (who allegedly was at fault for the infraction) the officer said he would 'let her off if she got him off'.
he was charged with sexual assault in the case, and is now segregated from other inmates in jail. no pictures accompanied the story, to protect the innocent. they did show the cop, apparently the media had no desire to protect the guilty douchebag in question.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

nlsme1 wrote:

lowing wrote:

nlsme1 wrote:

There is NO law to grant ANY expectation of privacy in the PUBLIC. I am filmed everyday. Employers film their employees everyday. YOU, are filmed EVERY day.
I am not specifically singled out for filming, a security camera covering an entrance is not the same fuckin thing as someone hiding the fuckin bushes recording your every fuckin move.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

burnzz wrote:

in Provo, UT yesterday, a former policeman was fired from his job. investigating a fender bender, this traffic cop let one of the parties go on his way.
the other involved party, a 29 yr. old female (who allegedly was at fault for the infraction) the officer said he would 'let her off if she got him off'.
he was charged with sexual assault in the case, and is now segregated from other inmates in jail. no pictures accompanied the story, to protect the innocent. they did show the cop, apparently the media had no desire to protect the guilty douchebag in question.
How can this possibly be? According to the BF2S brain trust in this forum cops do whatever they want, beat whoever they want for fun, steal whatever they want all with no repercussions. so now what am I to believe?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

So you are actually an advocate for gathering evidence BEFORE the fact, huh?

Well I like where this is headed...keep going.
No, you gather it has its happening, thats what video does, its why banks have security cameras.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

How can this possibly be? According to the BF2S brain trust in this forum cops do whatever they want, beat whoever they want for fun, steal whatever they want all with no repercussions. so now what am I to believe?
Unless they are caught red-handed or are in fear of that.

Tell us lowing, if a Police officer commits a crime, and the Police Force backs him up, who do you go to if its your word against his?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard