Reciprocity
+721|6569|the dank(super) side of Oregon

lowing wrote:

what is wrong with a CITIZEN behaving as though their actions are always being recorded?
Nothing.  Never said there was.  I don't run around breaking laws so it's really not an issue for me.  Should it be an issue for a police officer?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

what is wrong with a CITIZEN behaving as though their actions are always being recorded?
Nothing.  Never said there was.  I don't run around breaking laws so it's really not an issue for me.  Should it be an issue for a police officer?
so you have no problem with someone following you with a fuckin camera just in case you do somethnig wrong they can capture it and post it on the internet, or turn it in? I call 17 different kinds of bullshit on that
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

so you have no problem with someone following you with a fuckin camera just in case you do somethnig wrong they can capture it and post it on the internet, or turn it in? I call 17 different kinds of bullshit on that
If I'm not doing anything and there's nothing to see they'll get bored eventually.

If the Police have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear right?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

If I'm not doing anything and there's nothing to see they'll get bored eventually.

If the Police have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear right?
that argument is fulla shit it ain't even funny.

It has nothing to do with if you do anything wrong or not, it has everything to do with not wanting your every move to be record and scrutinized, and you know it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Like I said, if I'm not doing anything wrong I have nothing to fear by having my every move scrutinised, nor do the Police.

The Police are in a position of power and responsibility over the rest of us, a dishonest Police Force is a very dangerous thing - they should be kept on the straight and narrow.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Like I said, if I'm not doing anything wrong I have nothing to fear by having my every move scrutinised, nor do the Police.

The Police are in a position of power and responsibility over the rest of us, a dishonest Police Force is a very dangerous thing - they should be kept on the straight and narrow.
Sounds great on the internet, but again you are full of shit if you are going to try and argue getting followed and filmed is no problem. Try and get real with your arguments please.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If someone really wants to follow me and film me I say go for it.

However:-

I'm not on the public payroll.

I don't carry a gun and have the right to shoot or arrest and imprison people as I see fit.

So what public interest would be served by taping my dreary life I don't know.

And where would you be if you didn't have snoops digging up dirt on private citizens like MLK? You seem to think people's private lives are public business.
I'd say the public actions of a Police officer should be recorded for scrutiny. Most Police are required to record their actions themselves, they just don't like it when they're caught lying.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-04 18:49:40)

Reciprocity
well, I'm not sure where this hyperbolic arguement is coming from.  Are there people determined to follow police around, filming them?  As far as me being filmed, I am.  If filmed while I'm shopping in stores, I'm filmed while I'm doing business in a bank, I'm filmed while I'm driving through traffic interesctions and I'm probably caught on camera just walking down the street.  I have no expectation of privacy in public places or private establishments.  Only my home and hopefully restrooms are off limits.  Now, why exactly should a police officer, a public employee with unique civil authority, have an expectation of privacy that I do not?  If a cop isn't breaking the law, what does he have to be afraid of?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

well, I'm not sure where this hyperbolic arguement is coming from.  Are there people determined to follow police around, filming them?  As far as me being filmed, I am.  If filmed while I'm shopping in stores, I'm filmed while I'm doing business in a bank, I'm filmed while I'm driving through traffic interesctions and I'm probably caught on camera just walking down the street.  I have no expectation of privacy in public places or private establishments.  Only my home and hopefully restrooms are off limits.  Now, why exactly should a police officer, a public employee with unique civil authority, have an expectation of privacy that I do not?  If a cop isn't breaking the law, what does he have to be afraid of?
well if you can not see the difference between filming the bank entrance and following you around filming everything you do. I can not help you any more than I can help dilbert with his bullshit argument.
Reciprocity
Once again, who is suggesting that people are following around police, recording their every move?  The public recording public employees would be like my boss hiring a film crew to follow me around while I do my job.  I'd have two choices, either do my job correctly or quit.  If a cop can't do his job correctly he should quit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What is disturbing is when the Police want the right to film and bug the public, but demand the public not film or record the Police.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

Once again, who is suggesting that people are following around police, recording their every move?  The public recording public employees would be like my boss hiring a film crew to follow me around while I do my job.  I'd have two choices, either do my job correctly or quit.  If a cop can't do his job correctly he should quit.
I don't do anything wrong either and I do not want nor will I allow some dipshit filming me hoping to catch me doing something he doesn't like.

and like dilbert, if your argument is, it would not bother you, then you ar ejust as full of shit as he is.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

and like dilbert, if your argument is, it would not bother you, then you ar ejust as full of shit as he is.
Seems more likely you have something to hide.
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

I don't do anything wrong either and I do not want nor will I allow some dipshit filming me hoping to catch me doing something he doesn't like.
then you would have the option to quit.

as would I.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The Police just don't like public scrutiny of their actions, thats the real issue.
Reciprocity

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Police just don't like public scrutiny of their actions, thats the real issue.
the public scrutinizing public employees?  that's just crazy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

What is disturbing is when the Police want the right to film and bug the public, but demand the public not film or record the Police.
Wel lthat says it all about you and yout argument. You really think all the police do is "bug the public".. We are done. Take the last word
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Wel lthat says it all about you and yout argument. You really think all the police do is "bug the public".. We are done. Take the last word
Reading comprehension FTL.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6474|England

lowing wrote:

Those mother fuckers are watching everything we do all day everyday on CCTV man.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-08-05 05:45:32)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

I think that video-taping cops is more usual in areas where the cops themselves are known to be unjust ...

And lowing, people doesn't have to be full of shit just because they disagree with you ... and also don't argue against people using "what if" scenarios, you are after all one of the more frequent users of hypothetical opinions
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

LostFate wrote:

lowing wrote:

Those mother fuckers are watching everything we do all day everyday on CCTV man.
Not specifically ME, they are watching the front entrance, they are watching the line at the bank, they are watching the terminals at the airport, they are not following ME. There is a difference.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Not specifically ME, they are watching the front entrance, they are watching the line at the bank, they are watching the terminals at the airport, they are not following ME. There is a difference.
They're watching the people, not inanimate objects.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

They're watching the people, not inanimate objects.
Yes people watching. Not specific people. People that walk into the view of the camera. That is not what is happening with the police, they understandably do not like it and neither would you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If I go into a bank I get filmed, if someone chooses to be a Police officer their behaviour will be scrutinised every time they are in public.
Hard luck, don't take the job if you don't like it.

Personally I've seen enough Police officers lie straight-faced about their conduct, you can find enough examples on the net of Police officers committing crimes, fitting up members of the public and only being exposed through video evidence that it doesn't matter.

If you believe the Police should be given absolute power and no-one should be allowed to monitor what they do then please move to North Korea.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

If I go into a bank I get filmed, if someone chooses to be a Police officer their behaviour will be scrutinised every time they are in public.
Hard luck, don't take the job if you don't like it.

Personally I've seen enough Police officers lie straight-faced about their conduct, you can find enough examples on the net of Police officers committing crimes, fitting up members of the public and only being exposed through video evidence that it doesn't matter.

If you believe the Police should be given absolute power and no-one should be allowed to monitor what they do then please move to North Korea.
Never said cops should not be held accountable for their mistakes or crimes. But how about we afford them that little right, "innocent until proven guilty"  and not seek evidence on them before we have a crime, like we do everyone else shall we?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard