+194|5144|Markham, Ontario

Mugen wrote:

T-33
Yep... postapic!
pace51
Boom?

wrote:

FEOSAnd the A-4 isn't a RF aggressor, it's a TOP GUN aggressor.
Like the infinitely cool F-16N
Ioan92
+337|5693
https://image63.webshots.com/63/8/56/17/427985617wEFAcM_ph.jpg
pace51
Boom?
I cant see the picture, maybe the hotlink is broken, but Im gonna guess boeing 747 anyways.
pace51
Boom?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/Flying%20attacker.jpg
Mugen
+19|5970
JF-17 Thunder

Looks like a Mirage F-1 ripoff. Since it's chinese I may even be right bout that.

https://img683.imageshack.us/img683/861/kindalookslikeaharrier.jpg

Last edited by Mugen (2010-08-03 13:06:44)

pace51
Boom?

Mugen wrote:

JF-17 Thunder

Looks like a Mirage F-1 ripoff. Since it's chinese I may even be right bout that.
That's funny cause it's true. The J-6, J-7, J-10, J-11, ... even the KJ-200 is a ripoff. Every chinese aircraft is a ripoff .

Is that an AV8-B?

NO WAIT ETENDARD ETENDARD ETENDARD

Last edited by pace51 (2010-08-03 13:10:06)

Mugen
+19|5970
Entendard it is.

Yea, the chinese just relabeled some SUs und MIGs, but the J-10 looks kinda unique. It bears a slight resemblance with the EF, but only on first sight.
pace51
Boom?

Mugen wrote:

Entendard it is.

Yea, the chinese just relabeled some SUs und MIGs, but the J-10 looks kinda unique. It bears a slight resemblance with the EF, but only on first sight.
It's a copy too. It's a copy of Israel's IAI Lavi. It resembles the eurofighter cause of the delta wings and te canards... both of those jets are . China is in love with mig and sukhoi... they just don't admit it. And you're right, I wonder who the JF-17 thunder was plagiarized from...
pace51
Boom?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/This%20is%20not%20swamp%20gas.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

pace51 wrote:

Mugen wrote:

JF-17 Thunder

Is that an AV8-B?
Seriously wtf... Considering you make out, you know so much about aviation that is serious fail.

Grumman Cougar.

Last edited by coke (2010-08-03 16:04:07)

rdx-fx
+955|6562
F9F-6 Grumman Cougar of VF-24, flying off of CV-9 (Essex)

Edit: Here's your original picture F9F-6_VF-24_CVA-9_1955.JPG

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-03 16:17:30)

pace51
Boom?
Yes. Yeah, I got the pic from wikipedia because I don't know hot to hotlink the images from google because of this weird new style.
pace51
Boom?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/blason01.jpg
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6382|'Murka

pace51 wrote:

Mugen wrote:

Entendard it is.

It's a copy too. It's a copy of Israel's IAI Lavi. It resembles the eurofighter cause of the delta wings and te canards... both of those jets are . China is in love with mig and sukhoi... they just don't admit it. And you're right, I wonder who the JF-17 thunder was plagiarized from...
The Chinese actually got licenses from Russia to produce those aircraft in China...the Chinese-produced versions have different names. That's why they've been doing it for years decades with no bitching from Russia.

And, yes, the J-10 looks an awful lot like the Lavi...which looks an awful lot like the F-16. That's one way to get around tech transfer laws.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
pace51
Boom?

FEOS wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Mugen wrote:

Entendard it is.

The Chinese actually got licenses from Russia to produce those aircraft in China...the Chinese-produced versions have different names. That's why they've been doing it for years decades with no bitching from Russia.

And, yes, the J-10 looks an awful lot like the Lavi...which looks an awful lot like the F-16. That's one way to get around tech transfer laws.
Yes. Israeli Aircraft Industries made the Lavi to function as a counter to the F-16. Lots of countries needed a counter to the F-16, so China borrowed the Lavi design and made it better. They weren't alllowed to use the original Pratt and Whitney's because of the USA's export bans to China, so they settled with the heavier Russian engines instead. Meaning that the J-10 isn't as powerful as the F-16 in most aspects, although it comes very very close. Besides, the F-16's are sometimes called "flying computers" as some people have said to me. I doubt the J-10 or even the Super-10 has that much technology in it.

Last edited by pace51 (2010-08-04 05:22:43)

Mugen
+19|5970

pace51 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Yes. Israeli Aircraft Industries made the Lavi to function as a counter to the F-16. Lots of countries needed a counter to the F-16, so China borrowed the Lavi design and made it better. They weren't alllowed to use the original Pratt and Whitney's because of the USA's export bans to China, so they settled with the heavier Russian engines instead. Meaning that the J-10 isn't as powerful as the F-16 in most aspects, although it comes very very close. Besides, the F-16's are sometimes called "flying computers" as some people have said to me. I doubt the J-10 or even the Super-10 has that much technology in it.
Regarding their specs they're nearly the same, so I doubt that the J-10 is any inferior in that department. As far as avionics go that's another thing, but they prolly got a lot from the russian considering the advanced FCS required cause of their inherently unstable design.
And the J-10 even has an IRST.
pace51
Boom?

Mugen wrote:

pace51 wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Regarding their specs they're nearly the same, so I doubt that the J-10 is any inferior in that department. As far as avionics go that's another thing, but they prolly got a lot from the russian considering the advanced FCS required cause of their inherently unstable design.
And the J-10 even has an IRST.
Yes, but I'm in love with the F-16. Considering, the Mig-29, J-10, and F-16 are all very similar. The victorious ones in combat will probably be the ones with more skilled pilots.
pace51
Boom?

pace51 wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/blason01.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
De Havilland Venom.
rdx-fx
+955|6562
Think it's Coke's turn to post a couple of jets
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/8652/Picture%201.png
User007Gamer
???
+21|5953|Dubai, UAE
F-84 Thunderjet
pace51
Boom?

coke wrote:

De Havilland Venom.
SNCase Aquilon, but your right, the aquilon's just Frances licensed built version. Oh yeah, and what RDX-FX said. While we're waiting for coke, here's an easy one.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/52201/Younglionfighter.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

User007Gamer wrote:

F-84 Thunderjet
Yup.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard