Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

Kez wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

God bless Liuzzi for making this interesting.
Liuzzi didn't do anything what are you on about?
it was bits from his wing that were lying on the track
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

Snake wrote:

I hope Schumacher gets penalised for that on Rubens, his interview at the end when Rubens was listening with the bbc crew was bad. "There are peoples opinions, and then Rubens opinion". Fuck off. Get off your high horse and admit that you got overtaken by an "inferior" driver. You may have 7 championships, but Rubens is by far the better driver.

Boring(ish) race, but quite a few incidents, not least the pit-lane. Holy shit, that tyre was crazy! Nevermind Kub/Sutils collision right in the path of all the mechanics.

For a 25th bday...I was gutted that Lewis had to retire At least Webber was on pole and not Vettel so that made up slightly.
Rubens is in no way a better driver. If he was he wouldn't have been thrashed so badly during his days at Ferrari. He was even thrashed by Button when Brawn were dominating at the beginning of 2009. That was his chance but Button stomped all over him just like Schumacher used to.

Funny that nobody even knows how (or cares) about how the hell Liuzzi must have trashed his front wing anyway, which brought out the SC and made the race interesting...lol

Expect the Mercedes (powered) cars to be very strong at Spa and Monza though. Fuck yeah Spa... best F1 track on the calendar by miles. Actually I reckon it's the greatest race track out there.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-08-02 02:07:54)

Jenspm
penis

Cannot fucking wait for Spa
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6232|S.A. Australia

Mekstizzle wrote:

Actually I reckon it's the greatest race track out there.
Ever seen Mt Panorama in Oz?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt_panorama

The pictures don't really do it justice, the track is so steep and some of the corners are staggering.  Admittedly it doesn't have anywhere near the profile of Spa, but it certainly gives it a run for its money.
Serious Flex
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Hmm...It doesn't seem to have that kind of flow though. Tracks with elevation changes are better than all the new circuits in F1 though these days where they basically create a giant flat supermarket car park and then paint some lines on it to create a circuit.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-08-02 02:48:59)

Jenspm
penis

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg/800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

^how to design a race track

Why the new ones can't be designed like this, I have no idea
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6232|S.A. Australia

Mekstizzle wrote:

Hmm...It doesn't seem to have that kind of flow though. Tracks with elevation changes are better than all the new circuits in F1 though these days where they basically create a giant flat supermarket car park and then paint some lines on it to create a circuit.
The run from Reid Park all the way across the top of the mountain through the Esses and the dipper and down into Forrest's Elbow is stunning to watch, the track just gently falls away from you and then drops about 4 metres in the space of about 5 metres at the Dipper.  I highly recommend you watch a lap on it, it's just fantastic.

I agree with all the newer built tracks though, they really are just parking lots with no flow, style or anything features, you could pretty much watch all of the new ones without knowing what it was (unless you know your F1's, like you and me )
Serious Flex
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Mekstizzle wrote:

The elevation on Mt panorama is almost 200 metres.

From a quick look these 2 videos should give you the best idea of the track lay out. Nothing else in the world comes close. Unfortunately they'll never take F1 cars there.

Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah...crazy, does seem more like a hillclimb track though. To be driven by 4x4 cars like this:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Suzuki_XL7_Hill_Climb_Special.jpg

Fuck yeah... everyone remembers the Suzuki Escudo pikes peak from Gran Turismo
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6232|S.A. Australia
The stuff that is raced there are the V8 Supercars, which are similar to your Touring Cars or the German DTM, rear-wheel driven V8 powered sedans.

It would be interesting to see the F1's there, although I get the feeling that the dipper would probably rip wings off.
Serious Flex
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6128|Carnoustie MASSIF
Kubica getting a drive through penalty for his retarded team letting him out early? Bullshit.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Mekstizzle wrote:

Snake wrote:

I hope Schumacher gets penalised for that on Rubens, his interview at the end when Rubens was listening with the bbc crew was bad. "There are peoples opinions, and then Rubens opinion". Fuck off. Get off your high horse and admit that you got overtaken by an "inferior" driver. You may have 7 championships, but Rubens is by far the better driver.

Boring(ish) race, but quite a few incidents, not least the pit-lane. Holy shit, that tyre was crazy! Nevermind Kub/Sutils collision right in the path of all the mechanics.

For a 25th bday...I was gutted that Lewis had to retire At least Webber was on pole and not Vettel so that made up slightly.
Rubens is in no way a better driver. If he was he wouldn't have been thrashed so badly during his days at Ferrari. He was even thrashed by Button when Brawn were dominating at the beginning of 2009. That was his chance but Button stomped all over him just like Schumacher used to.
Complete drivel.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

CammRobb wrote:

Kubica getting a drive through penalty for his retarded team letting him out early? Bullshit.
Kubica is part of the team, seriously you'd think after the German GP people would realise that the drivers are also part of the team. It doesn't matter if it wasn't his fault.

Bertster7 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Snake wrote:

Complete drivel.
I don't understand how people could possibly think Rubens is (or was) a better driver. Maybe it depends on what factors people are using. Schumacher is certainly dirtier. You can say the same about (Ayrton) Senna and such too. They're all clearly more impressive drivers than Rubens nonetheless.
Kez
+778|5700|London, UK
you dont win championships by playing second fiddle
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium

Jenspm wrote:

Cannot fucking wait for Spa
Me neither. It's a 3 hour drive from here, can't go though

I've been there once, it's

Last edited by Jebus (2010-08-03 12:56:48)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6579|SE London

Mekstizzle wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Complete drivel.
I don't understand how people could possibly think Rubens is (or was) a better driver. Maybe it depends on what factors people are using. Schumacher is certainly dirtier. You can say the same about (Ayrton) Senna and such too. They're all clearly more impressive drivers than Rubens nonetheless.
Was, would certainly be inaccurate - but he certainly looks much better at the moment.

Schumacher has been rubbish since his return, whereas Barichello has driven pretty well. That's why Rubens, in a much worse car, is only 8 points behind Schumacher in the championship (and 20 points ahead of his team mate, whereas Michael is 56 points behind his team mate - Barichello has a greater differential between his starting grid position and race finishing position (showing that despite a slower car he is performing better than Schumacher on race day)).

In his day Schumacher was awesome. Now he is a shadow of his former self.
CammRobb
Banned

Bertster7 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Complete drivel.
Was, would certainly be inaccurate - but he certainly looks much better at the moment.

Schumacher has been rubbish since his return, whereas Barichello has driven pretty well. That's why Rubens, in a much worse car, is only 8 points behind Schumacher in the championship (and 20 points ahead of his team mate, whereas Michael is 56 points behind his team mate - Barichello has a greater differential between his starting grid position and race finishing position (showing that despite a slower car he is performing better than Schumacher on race day)).

In his day Schumacher was awesome. Now he is a shadow of his former self.
Off the track Rubens is the nicer person. I'd love to meet him
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Webber on pole at Spa. He got lucky by setting a lap just before it started to rain. Lewis ended up only being a few thousandths behind him and that was when it was raining at the end.

Lucky pole for Red Bull, for once (as opposed to the dominating poles they've had otherwise)

Bob in the Renault up to third. Alonso fucked up starts in 10th lol.

god i hate red bull
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Could of been worse Mek: Vettel could be on pole. Id rather see Alonso win the title than Vettel.

Unlucky for Lewis, but I can see him getting past Webber on the first lap. I didnt understand why FI and Renault only did 1 lap, they get a shot at pole and they only have 1 run? Unless they are thinking of saving tyres, I cant see why they did that.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah, Sutil ended up getting beat by Rubens even (of which he was on harder tyres)

Kubica did well to get third though. Three out of the top four for the race grid tomorrow have Renault engines yet they complain about how much they lack in HP compared to the Mercedes engines on tracks like Spa, useless bitching in F1
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Awesome race. Vettel is a plum as usual. Alonso continues to suck at Spa then he smashes his Ferrari, although he's unlucky cos Rubens smashed into him earlier. Hamilton kept it solid up front. Schumacher coming from the back of the grid to finish 7th is nice, although he got done by Rosberg at the end for 6th haha

Good results for Kubica and Sutil too
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6563|England

Pretty much said it all Mek I love watching the drivers go up Eau Rouge, it just looks so awesome and everytime they cut to the camera at the bottom of the hill, I just wished I could be that photographer who was always stood there. Not a bad job I would say...

Hamilton drove very well, was surprised to see Webber fuck up right at the start...not that Im complaining. Vettel, for me, showed his lack of experience and usual aggressive side which comes out when he doesnt get his own way.

Not sure whether its just me looking at RBR more than others, but I did notice Webbers front wing flexing a lot in this race from his cockpit-cam.
Jenspm
penis

Best race of the season? Could well be.

Vettel is now, alongside Schumacher, the biggest disappointment of the season..

And next round - Monza
CammRobb
Banned

Snake wrote:

Pretty much said it all Mek I love watching the drivers go up Eau Rouge, it just looks so awesome and everytime they cut to the camera at the bottom of the hill, I just wished I could be that photographer who was always stood there. Not a bad job I would say...

Hamilton drove very well, was surprised to see Webber fuck up right at the start...not that Im complaining. Vettel, for me, showed his lack of experience and usual aggressive side which comes out when he doesnt get his own way.

Not sure whether its just me looking at RBR more than others, but I did notice Webbers front wing flexing a lot in this race from his cockpit-cam.
Eau Rouge is by far the best corner on the calendar
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Vettel is good at doing qualifying flying laps and if he starts on pole then he's good at driving away from everyone, what he can't do is actually race other drivers and overtake and do all of that. Alot of people are calling Vettel a good driver but a rubbish racer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard