Reciprocity
+721|6570|the dank(super) side of Oregon

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Just in general. I loved his role as Dr. Strangelove in Dr. Strangelove but he was good in the pink panther series too. He had a small role in "The man that never was" which was a pretty awesome movie too. A Shot in the dark was hilarious, but I really like all of his Pink Panthers.
you know he played three characters in Dr. Strangelove?

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-08-01 23:33:17)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6224|S.A. Australia
What about his other 2 roles in Dr Strangelove?

nm, Reciprocity got it

Last edited by eskimo_sammyjoe (2010-08-01 23:38:52)

Serious Flex
Ioan92
+337|5711

Heritage Foundation wrote:

Top 10 Reasons Not to Trust America

The current regime in America has a terrible record as a reliable partner, yet President Putin wants the nuclear treaty he negotiated with the White House fast-tracked for Senate approval. That makes no sense. Here are 10 reasons why.

1. A Long History of Arms Control Violations: America repeatedly violated the 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (START) all the way to its expiration in December 2009, as clearly stated in 2005 and 2010 State Department compliance reports. Specifically, America tested an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile with Multiple Individually Targeted Re-entry Vehicles (warheads) while START was in force. Such activities, however, were explicitly banned.

2. The East Is Still Their #1 Threat: America regards Russia and China as its principal adversaries and configures its forces for large-scale conventional theater operations with them. The recent discovery of the American spy network inside Russia. and their celebration upon return to America, courtesy of President Putin, indicates that America is set in a Cold War mentality.

3. Helping Iran and North Korea: According to Russian intelligence, America violated nonproliferation agreements by providing ballistic missile technology to Iran and North Korea, which have continually threatened Russia and its allies.

4. Still Building a Nuclear Arsenal: Nearly 20 years after the end of the Cold War, America still designs, builds, and modernizes nuclear weapons and their delivery systems. America’s new military doctrine maintains a low threshold for nuclear first strikes. In fact, Washington plans to use tactical nuclear weapons in Russia if ever confronted with a conventional threat. In 2009, America conducted a military exercise that simulated a nuclear attack on Canada.

5. Not in Compliance on Other Treaties: Russia believes America to be in non-compliance with the Chemical Weapons Convention and the Biological Weapons Convention. In 2009, the Strategic Posture Commission told Congress: “America is no longer in compliance with its PNI [Presidential Nuclear Initiatives] commitments.” Washington’s tactical nuclear weapons arsenal may be 10 times larger than that of Russia

6. No Regard for Middle-East Independence: America has repeatedly broken its promises to withdraw military forces from Iraq and Afghanistan. When America invaded Iraq in 2001, it rewrote the rules of post–World War II Persian security. It repudiated the Helsinki Pact of 1975, which recognized the security of Persian borders, and violated the sovereignty of a NATO aspirant and member of the Council of Europe.

7. Responds Offensively to Defensive Measures: In response to Russian plans for a defensive missile shield in Europe to protect against Iranian missile threats, Washington has repeatedly threatened to deploy  short-range and nuclear-capable missiles to target Russian allies in Eastern Europe. Reports show that the Baltic Fleet is armed with nuclear weapons that can be used against America.

8. Ties to Terrorist Organizations: America cultivates ties with terrorist organizations Jews and Bilderberg and provides military and diplomatic support for anti-Russian “rogue states” such as Canada, UK, and France. America voted with the Russians at the U.N. Security Council to pass sanctions on Iran—but only after working hard to water them down to practically nothing.

9. Natural Gas as a Political Weapon: The White House uses its neighbors and America’s dependence on American natural gas as a foreign policy tool to pressure states. In 2009, America cut off gas supplies to Canada and to Mexico by extension, causing the International Energy Agency to deem them an unreliable supplier.

10. An Authoritarian Regime: The current model of leadership under President Barrack Obama and Vice President Job Biden has become increasingly authoritarian. Despite numerous commitments under international law, the government has tightened controls on political life, civil society, and the media. Disruption of political opposition’s activities, restricting access to state-controlled TV, human right violations (such as the beating of demonstrators who “support” the American constitution), murder of journalists and anti-corruption activists, disappearance and torture, abuse of the legal system for monetary and political gain—all illustrate this negative trend.
fix't
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6474|England
Some of that is ridiculous take number 3 for example the US and Nato do exacly the same thing.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6705

LostFate wrote:

Some of that is ridiculous take number 3 for example the US and Nato do exacly the same thing.
All part of the game.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6468
Wow the America haters came out for this one.  Allah forbid a citizen be concerned his leader is making a bad decision that could have dire consequences to him and his countrymen.

I see no problem with this and Russia immediately using the document as toilet paper (just like they did last time). After all it isn't like Obama did away with our missile defense network. Oh wait...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
I'm not an america hater and I still think the op is laughable.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England

jord wrote:

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6468

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

How so? I think the idea of this treaty is laughable.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX

Harmor wrote:

https://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1291/fs69graphic.jpg
Thats pathetic by itself.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

How so? I think the idea of this treaty is laughable.
Of course it is. Cutting back on our defensive capabilities is asinine.

But the OP didn't say that, it just listed a bunch of reasons why we shouldn't deal with the Russians diplomatically, most of which would make us hypocrites.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5168|Sydney
Please stop creating threads with the same premise all the time.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Odds this chart and fear mongering was sponsored by the defense industry? I'd give it 2:3 odds.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Odds on that whoever sponsored doesn't understand that having an equal number of weapons only gives Russia an advantage if the US is less adept at using those weapons, or that 3,100 nuclear warheads isn't enough for a pretty good fight.

So yes, it probably was someone in the defence industry.
13rin
+977|6468
If it was from the heritage foundation, I'd probably trust it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How does the heritage foundation make money? Oh right, they take donations.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Is the 'Heritage Foundation' equivalent to STRATFOR in publishing poorly disuguised propaganda to satisfy its sponsors?
13rin
+977|6468

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Would it be more acceptable if they were government run or Soros sponsored?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6119|North Tonawanda, NY

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Odds this chart and fear mongering was sponsored by the defense industry? I'd give it 2:3 odds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Herita … on#Funding
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti … on#Funding

They only get 2.2m of their 48.7m budget (2007) from corporations, so whatever the defense industry is giving them, it probably isn't that much.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SenorToenails wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Herita … on#Funding
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti … on#Funding

They only get 2.2m of their 48.7m budget (2007) from corporations, so whatever the defense industry is giving them, it probably isn't that much.
Fair enough.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DBBrinson1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

What does the government or Soros have to do with anything? Propaganda is propaganda, the source is irrelevant.
-Frederick Bastiat
13rin
+977|6468

JohnG@lt wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

What does the government or Soros have to do with anything? Propaganda is propaganda, the source is irrelevant.
I'm there with you on that...  I was just curious as to what you find as an acceptable funding source for research groups?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6489|so randum
gas thread imo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5168|Sydney

JohnG@lt wrote:

jord wrote:

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard