Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6762|132 and Bush

The only thing worse than apple fanbois is the people that complain about them. If you haven't ticked it yet no one really cares what you think about apple or it's customers. Please, just turn the tv off and watch yourself masturbate in it's reflection. I'm sure it will be more satisfying for you.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6788|UK
https://i27.tinypic.com/zjc8q1.png

Stumbled across a Facebook Like bar userscript. Can "like" any page.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6762|132 and Bush

Has anyone tried the new Flock? It's based on Chrome now, not FF.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6358|Winland

liquidat0r wrote:

http://i27.tinypic.com/zjc8q1.png

Stumbled across a Facebook Like bar userscript. Can "like" any page.
I have everything that contains "facebook" in the URL adblocked.

No more "Like" buttons, ever again. Get out of my face!

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2010-07-24 06:24:47)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6447|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Kmarion wrote:

Sounds like a downgrade to me
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6651|Gogledd Cymru

Freezer7Pro wrote:

I have everything that contains "facebook" in the URL adblocked.

No more "Like" buttons, ever again. Get out of my face!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6762|132 and Bush

FloppY_ wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Sounds like a downgrade to me
I like to play with new things. FF flock felt a bit bulky.

I've got FF itself so customized and optimized to me that I don't think I could ever leave. Still.. always looking It's not like it cost money to try.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5949|Catherine Black
Someone give me £60 so I can get a new keyboard.. my Saitek Eclipse II has died (media keys, escape key not working, along with several broken bits of plastic) and now I'm using a crappy Dell keyboard, been typing on it 2 days and already my wrist hurts from the angle it's at.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5949|Catherine Black

Kmarion wrote:

Posting from it now.. very very fast. The Facebook sidebar is quite nice too.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6882|Sydney, Australia

FloppY_ wrote:

mcminty wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Forgetting something, what about Lenovo tablets? Saying they are not done well?

Apple just took the marketing to whole new level.
I didn't even know Lenovo made tablets. Having looked it up, I think I've seen one person in my entire life using one. It may be a great product.. but selling the concept to the average consumer wasn't done well. So yes, you are right.. Apple took the execution of the marketing and sales to a whole new level.. which is why I said they were the first to successfully bring the tablet to the mass consumer market - 3 million units sold in just a few months.
So if I sold 3 million cans of my own feceas that would be a good product aswell?

The reason Lenovo didn't market them to consumers is the lack of need... few consumers have the need for a tablet over a laptop, apple simply used its fanboys and hypemachine to sell people a product they only want because of the illusion of "status" said product (in their opinion) contains...
... I know you have an intense dislike for Apple, but I didn't think your reply would be so dense.. Whether you like Apple or not, you are an idiot if you can't appreciate the fact that they have successfully executed the concept.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6852|Devon, England
<FFLink> Here's a thought.
<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> The radiator is the main part that spreads cooling
<FFLink> So the colder that is, the coler the temps
<FFLink> *Cooler
<FFLink> Surely, you could just shove the radiator into a fridge?
<FFLink> Like, by a mini fridge
<FFLink> Link your system to it
<FFLink> Also keep beverages in it

Thinking of a new future project...
FloppY_
­

FFLink wrote:

<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> *Cooler

I've thought of it many times.. It would be the only thing that could make me go water cooling tbh...

The noise argument doesn't work when you have to mount fans on your rads...
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6728|NYC / Hamburg

FFLink wrote:

<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> *Cooler

Won't work. No fridge can take the heat from a running PC. It'll either just shut down or overheat or break.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FloppY_
­

max wrote:

FFLink wrote:

<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> *Cooler

Won't work. No fridge can take the heat from a running PC. It'll either just shut down or overheat or break.
Manage cables to meet outside house and mount radiator there?

Surely the water doesn't get super hot in a watercooled system.. does it?
max
Vela Incident

FloppY_ wrote:

max wrote:

FFLink wrote:

<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> *Cooler

The water in my loop is currently 3°C above ambient.

If you're going through the trouble of running tubing outside, I'd bury a bunch of copper tubing in the garden and use that as a heatsink. Then you can enjoy cold water year round, even in the hottest summer. If you do it right, you could even use the PC as an air conditioner. That said, you'd have to insulate the crap out of the PC. Don't want any water condensation dripping onto your GPU
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FloppY_
­

max wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

max wrote:

If you're going through the trouble of running tubing outside, I'd bury a bunch of copper tubing in the garden and use that as a heatsink. Then you can enjoy cold water year round, even in the hottest summer. If you do it right, you could even use the PC as an air conditioner. That said, you'd have to insulate the crap out of the PC. Don't want any water condensation dripping onto your GPU
Meh... I still don't see the point with watercooling...

It's not quieter, it's not particularly cooler (as in temps) and it requires more maintanance and fitting AND is more costly... all -'s
max
Vela Incident

FloppY_ wrote:

max wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

It's not quieter, it's not particularly cooler (as in temps) and it requires more maintanance and fitting AND is more costly... all -'s
It can be much quieter. Just depends on how you optimize the setup. You can cool dual i7s and 4 GTX480s with just some 800RPM fans if you want to go silent.

Water is just a much more effective way of removing heat. For most setups however it's just not necessary. No E8400 @ 4GHz needs water cooling. But if you really want to push your setup, it's the way to go.
FloppY_
­

max wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

max wrote:

It can be much quieter. Just depends on how you optimize the setup. You can cool dual i7s and 4 GTX480s with just some 800RPM fans if you want to go silent.

Water is just a much more effective way of removing heat. For most setups however it's just not necessary. No E8400 @ 4GHz needs water cooling. But if you really want to push your setup, it's the way to go.
And when you have already spent THAT kind of money on a "rig", watercooling is pennies... but srsly, I doub't I will ever wan't the hassle...
max
Vela Incident

Water cooling isn't for cheapo setups
FloppY_
­

max wrote:

Water cooling isn't for cheapo setups
Meh, I do get a great PC whenever I get new.. But I'm not going to get something insane (e.g. above i7-930+HD5870 atm)

Anything better is just not worth it imo... Sure you and Panz may buy the crap out of everything, but I bet you have jobs and do it as a hobby.. I just cannot justify getting insano builds whenever I feel like it... My current E8500+HD4870 is starting to show age, but I won't upgrade it for another year (had it for 1 year = 2year lifespan)...

Tech & Computers are like cars, it's not an investment, it's a luxury...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-24 18:18:30)

max
Vela Incident

True enough.
FFLink
There is.

max wrote:

FFLink wrote:

<FFLink> Watercooling
<FFLink> *Cooler

How would the fridge shut down?

I mean like this:

https://img525.imageshack.us/img525/489/20100725034155clipboard.png

Would take some modding, fitting the tubing through the fridge's case, etc.

I don't see how it would break the fridge. You could possibly still mount fans on the rad, too, and it would also eliminate any noise within the PC apart from any loud case fans, the pump and hard drives.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6820|BC, Canada
not worth it price/performance/effort wise, you would be able to phase cool for cheaper, besides you dont need it that cool for everyday use, the price/mhz gained is terrible.

Edit: Also a fridge is not designed to keep hot things cold, it is designed to cool things down and keep them cool, the amount of cubic feet of air you push through a rad that is heating up, would overwork the fridge. so once again phase cooling with a dedicated compressor would work better. Of course at the temps you would want to reach you have to watch out for condensation and are not supposed to run the computer for extended periods of time.

TEC cooling is the most you would want for everyday use.

Last edited by Nic (2010-07-24 19:51:52)

FFLink
There is.
What about if you already have a mini-fridge, or plan on getting one
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6820|BC, Canada
put beer in it, it will work better for you, the minifridge will not work for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard