Your opinion of police?

Dickheads.16%16% - 21
Alright people.32%32% - 40
Depends.51%51% - 64
Total: 125
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
why is it any of your business, when you want to 'use' it in some petty-attempt at having a 'point' in every argument?

the number of times has little to do with my already-explained reasons.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

krazed wrote:

i support reporting people for anything you may think is wrong too

it's a stupid law and a stupid thing to report people over

OMG GUNS THAT GO CLICK CLICK CLICK AND SHOOT PLASTIC PELLETS OMG OMG OMG WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

gtfo pansies
I dunno about you but im not going to sit and watch to see if the guns go bang or click and walk over and ask if it is plastic pellets or bullets..
You don't see 15 year old's in full battle gear with weapons in your neighborhood running around like it's Iraq everyday. It's obviously fake for fucks sake. Also, if we don't pay any fucking attention to you then they're probably fake.
What I find funny doesn't switzerland have really lax gun laws?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Small amount of pot..get him boys
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Not reading the whole thread...

Cops are generally fine. They perform a necessary job and for the most part do a good job. Yes, there are bad, arrogant cops, but there are bad, arrogant doctors, lawyers, and teachers as well. The difference is that when a cop is dirty it stands out more because of the trust they've been granted by the public. Hell, most of them are too damned lazy to be corrupt
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

Not reading the whole thread...

Cops are generally fine. They perform a necessary job and for the most part do a good job. Yes, there are bad, arrogant cops, but there are bad, arrogant doctors, lawyers, and teachers as well. The difference is that when a cop is dirty it stands out more because of the trust they've been granted by the public. Hell, most of them are too damned lazy to be corrupt
I don't have time to accept bribes, I'm too busy BEING DELICIOUS.

But yeah, most cops just cba to be bribed, the system works so that reporting someone is easier than going over your own patrol car's tapes and deleting stuff
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
It's that the bribes won't equal their pensions and benefits.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

ATG wrote:

that too
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

ATG wrote:

Unless you work for the City of Bell, CA.  Then corruption, pensions, and benefits go hand in hand.
Tankbuster=44=
+18|5439|Scotland
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

why is it any of your business, when you want to 'use' it in some petty-attempt at having a 'point' in every argument?
You brought your own experience into the debate to 'prove' your point.
i was treated like a guilty scumbag and denied even the most basic liberties when i had done nothing wrong. seeing as police holding cells are for people in that exact legal state - 'innocent until proven guilty' - i expected a little more courtesy and basic human decency to that which i was given. hard to put the experience into words... the police just acted like cocks and it all felt very unprofessional. i was innocent and didn't feel like they were there for my 'good' or my 'protection', at all.
If you won't elaborate on that, and the only example you've given previously the Police were fully justified in what they did, thats up to you.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Choclot
+21|6512
Uzique, every cop here must do at least 3 years of general duties before they are eligible to go into other fields, that includes Degree holders.

Sounds like you've just had an encounter with Officer Badtouch.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
The problem is with ANYONE wearing a uniform is that the whole organisation is judged on 1 person's actions.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Choclot wrote:

Uzique, every cop here must do at least 3 years of general duties before they are eligible to go into other fields, that includes Degree holders.

Sounds like you've just had an encounter with Officer Badtouch.
The average frontline officer in the UK is pretty fatigued and cynical, its not the same as Aus.
Doesn't mean every one is a shithead, but many are.
If you decide to be a dick you'll get it back double, or sometimes they'll just mess with you because they can.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-23 03:35:13)

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6455|England
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

I've never met a pig who hasn't be a fuckwit, would be nice to meet one i guess, most of them are talking down to you for nothing an you just no that without that badge you would kick the fuck out of the snotty little cunt.

Search Militarization of the police in you tube or Google, completely ridiculous police state.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738
As a civvy I have never had any problem with police. They have always been courteous, respectful and honest with me. Even when I have been pissed up and perhaps trying their patience.

Now that I am a copper I can certainly see why it is hard to always remain courteous. But that is all part of being professional. You might come across a copper who 1 hour ago has been spat at, vomited on and pissed on. He might lose his rag at you and, unfortunately, that is how you will see all coppers. We are not robots, we are human, we make mistakes, we have so many people to try and please, we get 1000 pieces of abuse hurled at us for every 1 compliment we get.

Corruption has no place in policing and I reject Lostfate's claim of "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely!". That is a mass generalisation and total load of bullshit. As for "Militarization of the police" Most police organisations are para-military and make no apologies for it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
what PD are you a part of?
Tu Stultus Es
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

eleven bravo wrote:

Victoria, Australia.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

BN wrote:

The problem is with ANYONE wearing a uniform is that the whole organisation is judged on 1 person's actions.
So true. Find this ALOT in towns with major military bases, going out in public in uniform or even with your military ID is likely to get you beaten up.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

BN wrote:

So true. Find this ALOT in towns with major military bases, going out in public in uniform or even with your military ID is likely to get you beaten up.
You'll get beaten up for being in the military? Seriously? Why?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Macbeth wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

BN wrote:

You'll get beaten up for being in the military? Seriously? Why?
Some military members may get a little "rowdy" and give everyone a bad name... but then some idiots use the fact that your in the military as an excuse to beat you up and feel good and "tough". Its not like it happens everyday, but it happens enough for the military to take action on it.
Choclot
+21|6512

BN wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Victoria, Australia.
What rank?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

Choclot wrote:

BN wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Victoria, Australia.
What rank?
Probationary Constable.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Out of interest, what is the general attitude within the Australian Police to licensed firearms owners?
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

Dilbert_X wrote:

Out of interest, what is the general attitude within the Australian Police to licensed firearms owners?
I can only talk about Victoria. The laws and regulations are quite strict and the vetting process is quite thorough. Even when moving a licensed firearm from 1 registered house to another it requires an inspection of the gun safe & weapon.

Generally, people in country areas can be quite lax about the storage of any weapon. The days of having the shottie sitting behind the kitchen door are still alive and well.

I know of a case when a ute was stolen from a residence. The owner reported the ute stolen but failed to tell us there was a winchester shotgun sitting in the front seat at the time of theft. A few people not happy and quite rightly.

Most people don't give us any bother and follow the rules.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard