11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio
well here is what i dont get...what is news?

lets use an example.  airplane crash.

every station will cover it.  no slant just the typical wrong info.

the slant comes from the talk shows at night.  so what?  that is what they are, talk shows.  its sad people equate that with the news delivery.  i dont watch a story about a tornado on msnbc and think "that liberal cunt rachel maddow lefty shit blah blah blah."

it appears some of you dont get that.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

11 Bravo wrote:

well here is what i dont get...what is news?

lets use an example.  airplane crash.

every station will cover it.  no slant just the typical wrong info.

the slant comes from the talk shows at night.  so what?  that is what they are, talk shows.  its sad people equate that with the news delivery.  i dont watch a story about a tornado on msnbc and think "that liberal cunt rachel maddow lefty shit blah blah blah."

it appears some of you dont get that.
Well in the case of global news, there will always be a bias in the writing itself... Just look at how BBC, CNN and Al-Jazeera write about Israeli boat raids. On the channels itself... It's how they show the situation. During the Iraq War a lot of American News channels displayed videos of US troops going in, giving out aid while channels like Al-Jazeera displayed civilian casualties 24/7.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned
no US showed and covered civilian stuff also......except people on the interweb leave that out.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

11 Bravo wrote:

no US showed and covered civilian stuff also......except people on the interweb leave that out.
They did show it, but a lot of it was with US troops helping out as well. It's just the way they spin the news yo
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
11 Bravo
Banned
well yes god forbid they show positive stuff.  oh the horror!
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

Good thing that all this left wing media conspiracy is so well balanced with FauxNews though, right?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6482|England
Anyone who decides what they believe just from which party they are is a fucking ignorant fool. 

Common sense?  look at both sides of an argument.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Cybargs wrote:

American journalism is shit tbh, both liberal and conservative. Olbermann is just as bad as O'reilly. BBC is superior tbh.
From what I can see in the US each side tries to balance the other by being more extreme, there is nothing straight down the middle.
BBC is middle-middle-left IMO.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-23 03:35:52)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6476

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

And the media, both liberal and "conservative", beat the drums of war for Bush, a neoconservative. How is this LiberialMediagate?
Because Bush managed to spin it so anyone anti-Iraq war was anti-American and pro-Bin Laden -> very few people spoke out.
That's bullshit prattle... Just as many lefty pinkos were calling for Saddam's head back too then.  They were all on the bandwagon.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

And the media, both liberal and "conservative", beat the drums of war for Bush, a neoconservative. How is this LiberialMediagate?
Because Bush managed to spin it so anyone anti-Iraq war was anti-American and pro-Bin Laden -> very few people spoke out.
That's bullshit prattle... Just as many lefty pinkos were calling for Saddam's head back too then.  They were all on the bandwagon.
They were fed false information though, obviously they should have checked - their fault for trusting the President I guess.
https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/Dilbert_X/cartoon20030919.gif

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-23 06:21:38)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13rin
+977|6476

Dilbert_X wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

They were fed false information though, obviously they should have checked - their fault for trusting the President I guess.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … 030919.gif
NO.  D's back as early as 98 were calling for his removal.  Stop propagating lies.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

*edit... A political cartoon? 

*edit edit.. I wonder how so many people got the idea Bush did it all...  Maybe all they read is political cartoons?  *glances at the thread title* ironic...

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-07-23 07:22:15)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
11 Bravo
Banned

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj25 … 030919.gif
NO.  D's back as early as 98 were calling for his removal.  Stop propagating lies.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

*edit... A political cartoon? 

*edit edit.. I wonder how so many people got the idea Bush did it all...  Maybe all they read is political cartoons?  *glances at the thread title* ironic...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

NO.  D's back as early as 98 were calling for his removal.
Yep, and back then, the Republicans were calling bullshit on that.

The problem is that both parties have their own affinities for warfare, but they also tend to lobby against war when they aren't in power.

Essentially, both parties are pro-war when they are in power and anti-war when they aren't.

Foreign policy is quite possibly the most shallowly partisan realm of politics in America.
Phrozenbot
+632|6612|do not disturb

That isn't true anymore. Republicans are still largely in favor of the wars right now. When RNC Michael Steele questioned the war in Afghanistan, neo-cons were asking for his resignation, and he quickly retracted his statements.
rdx-fx
+955|6588

Dilbert_X wrote:

And, yet again, the thread takes a sharp turn away from the original topic with one of Dilbert's old reliable saws.

Was it..  Israel, Bush, or a vast Right Wing Conspiracy that was at fault for this latest topic?

Roll the DilbertDice... it's... it's... Bush's fault, again.

Yep.  Somehow, a left leaning group of Journolists getting caught in the act has been flipped over and revealed to be another nefarious plot by GWB.
rdx-fx
+955|6588
mikkel
+383|6598

rdx-fx wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

And, yet again, the thread takes a sharp turn away from the original topic with one of Dilbert's old reliable saws.

Was it..  Israel, Bush, or a vast Right Wing Conspiracy that was at fault for this latest topic?

Roll the DilbertDice... it's... it's... Bush's fault, again.

Yep.  Somehow, a left leaning group of Journolists getting caught in the act has been flipped over and revealed to be another nefarious plot by GWB.
It's okay to call people out on repeating patterns every now and then, rdx-fx, but Dilbert's reply was pertinent to the post he replied to, and followed in the same vein. Give it a rest.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina

Phrozenbot wrote:

That isn't true anymore. Republicans are still largely in favor of the wars right now. When RNC Michael Steele questioned the war in Afghanistan, neo-cons were asking for his resignation, and he quickly retracted his statements.
Good point...  granted, that's not necessarily a good thing.

If it gets to the point that both parties truly become pro-war, we're going to be in a world of hurt fiscally speaking.  Of course, we already are to an extent.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6545|San Diego, CA, USA
Its not the initial fight that costs so much its the nation building.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Educated people with wide education, knowledge and understanding do tend to be 'liberal'/leftwing/social democrat.
with little real world experience.

I offer you most of the hollywood celebrities, who most certainly do not live any facsimile of the real world.

College professors, who have built their own little kingdoms within their sterile classrooms.

Professional students, again live life out of books with no sense of what real world living is all about.

I also offer most the teenagers in that make up most of this forum, all full of piss and vinegar about how conservatives are wrong and they are right, and they haven't paid a fuckin bill, or even moved out of mommy and daddies house yet, let alone got a fuckin job and tried to support themselves.

We have union members, that think they need the "protection" of a union because they can not build a career on their own merit, so they must have an organization artificially increase their worth to a company through threats and intimidation, because again without a union they would have a very hard time in the real world where they had to depend on themselves instead of someone else. Oh so very liberal.

We have the "poor" that are constantly "owed" something more than they should earn something.

Lastly we the some of the rich who with all of their liberal ideologies they did not become rich through practicing those ideologies. I offer Bill Gates as an example of this hypocritical aspect of modern liberalism in America.

In short liberals love to tell us all what they should be doing with our money, and when it comes to their own, well, that is different.

Last edited by lowing (2010-07-25 16:00:52)

Phrozenbot
+632|6612|do not disturb

Not liberals, statists.
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
lol

it's the world against lowing.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-07-25 16:16:49)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6545|San Diego, CA, USA

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Educated people with wide education, knowledge and understanding do tend to be 'liberal'/leftwing/social democrat.

I offer you most of the hollywood celebrities, who most certainly do not live any facsimile of the real world.

College professors, who have built their own little kingdoms within their sterile classrooms.

Professional students, again live life out of books with no sense of what real world living is all about.

I also offer most the teenagers in that make up most of this forum, all full of piss and vinegar about how conservatives are wrong and they are right, and they haven't paid a fuckin bill, or even moved out of mommy and daddies house yet, let alone got a fuckin job and tried to support themselves.

We have union members, that think they need the "protection" of a union because they can not build a career on their own merit, so they must have an organization artificially increase their worth to a company through threats and intimidation, because again without a union they would have a very hard time in the real world where they had to depend on themselves instead of someone else. Oh so very liberal.

We have the "poor" that are constantly "owed" something more than they should earn something.

Lastly we the some of the rich who with all of their liberal ideologies they did not become rich through practicing those ideologies. I offer Bill Gates as an example of this hypocritical aspect of modern liberalism in America.

In short liberals love to tell us all what they should be doing with our money, and when it comes to their own, well, that is different.
I want to have all your Conservative babies.

Liberals are generous with someone else's money.

Don't forget when they no longer want to discuss a topic or don't have an answer they will call you names (i.e. 'racist'), while completely ignoring the point of the conversation.  And will completely disregard your sources no matter how factual (i.e. Fox News could report the Sun will rise tomorrow and they'll totally disregard it as fiction).  Everytime that happens I feel good inside because I know I've won.

Last edited by Harmor (2010-07-25 16:27:43)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Reciprocity wrote:

lol

it's the world against lowing.
nope it is liberals against the self sufficient.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6648|USA

Harmor wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I want to have all your Conservative babies.

Liberals are generous with someone else's money.

Don't forget when they no longer want to discuss a topic or don't have an answer they will call you names (i.e. 'racist'), while completely ignoring the point of the conversation.  And will completely disregard your sources no matter how factual (i.e. Fox News could report the Sun will rise tomorrow and they'll totally disregard it as fiction).  Everytime that happens I feel good inside because I know I've won.
........and now you no the traits of a liberal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard