ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

eleven bravo wrote:

BN wrote:

KingCheese wrote:

While ever coppers are prepared to pull guns in completely minor situations like that, you should all be filmed all of the time for our safety (you know, the people you work for) regardless of whether you like it or not.
Cops should be filmed for your safety? We should be filmed for OUR safety.
i believe anybody accepting public monies as a salary should be open to public scrutiny.
Amen Brother.
mikkel
+383|6571

JahManRed wrote:

Dumb fuck was out speeding and doing stunts on a public road, putting his life and that of innocents at danger so he could expand his epenis and post it on youtube. If I was a cop and seen someone doing it. I would be pissed off too. Cop overreacted sure, but you can see he realises straight away and puts it away.
Cocksucker should have his licence banned.
Cop should get small slap on wrist.
I don't really get why he should get just a slap on the wrist. It seems like he discarded some pretty basic and pretty damned important aspects of his training in a fit of anger or frustration. Law enforcement officers are trusted with the tools and authority that they're given, because they're trusted to always use them in the manner in which they're trained. Sure, cops are people, too, and they will make mistakes, but this isn't exactly just an innocent slip-up.

As for the topic, as far as I'm concerned, any officer who objects to being video taped in an unobtrusive manner while carrying out official duties should be fired straight away. Video recordings protect officers and civilians every day. If you're not interested in that, then what are you doing in a job where you're meant to protect and serve?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Turquoise wrote:

uh...  Let me get this straight....  It's legal for the government to wiretap you without a warrant, but it's not legal to record a police officer while he arrests you.

Fuck that shit.

Home of the Free, my ass.
That is pretty fucked up.

Almost equally as fucked up is the fact that lots of police in the UK pretend that there are laws preventing you from recording them under anti-terrorism legislation, but there have often been senior judges and police officials that have stated this is simply untrue.

And the fact that the police get off for anything they are charged with. Ian Tomlinson stuff came back today. No charges being pressed, despite the fact that he was hit by an officer with a baton for simply walking down the street (caught on camera) and then died from internal bleeding as a result of blunt trauma to his abdomen (where he was hit) - according to the majority of the post mortems conducted. Because one of the post mortems disagreed, the CPS have decided there is no case.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

JahManRed wrote:

Dumb fuck was out speeding and doing stunts on a public road, putting his life and that of innocents at danger so he could expand his epenis and post it on youtube. If I was a cop and seen someone doing it. I would be pissed off too. Cop overreacted sure, but you can see he realises straight away and puts it away.
He's on a bike, the only life he's putting in danger is his own.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

ghettoperson wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

He's on a bike, the only life he's putting in danger is his own.
Not true. People swerve and brake reacting to crazy bikers. Everybody is inconvienienced ( sp ) when they splatter themselves on the road.

But if as McMinty said the undercover cop didn't have lights then he is double douched.
Reciprocity
+721|6551|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Cops should operate under the assumption that they are always being observed and recorded while on the job.
13rin
+977|6449
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/marylan … per-092710

UPDATE:

Wiretap charges have been dropped.

Edit: ah... ATG is banned.  What'd he do?

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2010-10-04 09:05:37)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5111|Stoke, England
lol, americans
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

I'm glad ATG is banned lol.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Phrozenbot wrote:

I'm glad ATG is banned lol.
To bad that humper/junter filled the right wing inanity void the he left.
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

You don't find H/J entertaining? ATG was a psycho.
13rin
+977|6449
What'd he do?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
ATG didn't get banned. He ragequit and made a thread about it where he gave his PW away. After I had some fun with it the mods banned/deleted the account.
13rin
+977|6449
Well ok then... Sorry I missed that thread..
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

I missed it too.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I miss ATG.
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

What I don't get is how police officers like the one in the video pull out their gun and then identify themselves. He said "get off the motorcycle" multiple times, with a gun in his hand, before identifying himself as a cop. Under the right circumstances I would take that as someone trying to jack my bike. But if the guy on the bike tries to defend himself, against someone he thinks is just an assailant, he will either be shot or jailed. Why don't cops have to identify themselves immediately?
Chou
+737|6761
Cops should wear a badge around their necks at all times, it's protocol, not just some fancy habit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i really hope he offed himself
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Home wrote:

What I don't get is how police officers like the one in the video pull out their gun and then identify themselves. He said "get off the motorcycle" multiple times, with a gun in his hand, before identifying himself as a cop. Under the right circumstances I would take that as someone trying to jack my bike. But if the guy on the bike tries to defend himself, against someone he thinks is just an assailant, he will either be shot or jailed. Why don't cops have to identify themselves immediately?
They do have to identify themselves, this cop could have been shot.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Posting in an undeleted ATG thread.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Home wrote:

They do have to identify themselves, this cop could have been shot.
Yeah, that's stupid. I think it happens a lot more often than it should. Recently in my hometown a pastor was shot and killed by a cop. The cop was in an unmarked car, parked on the pastor's private property, and the pastor came out to investigate with a gun in hand (it's a high crime area and the pastor routinely confronted "prowlers" this way) and the cop shot him. Plus I've seen it about a hundred times on COPS
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
ATG is gone, they finally killed Yerded.  Gone to the great drainspout in the sky!  RIP, we ( I ) will miss your insane rants and irrational rationalizations of irrational events.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard