Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

We all know that sequels ruin everything. what do you guys think are some good games that had bad sequels which ruined the reputation of the series in general. personally i was hugely disapointed with deus ex invisible war, fallout 3, battlefield bad company and 2, bioshock and 2, the recent bond games, the recent need for speed games, and other.What are your opinions on this?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
SamTheMan
­
+341|5112|Stoke, England
crash bandicoot
red alert
call of duty
far cry

and what you said, cant think of any more atm
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
System Shock 2.

That was a joke.

Haha.

Fat chance.
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6324|West NY
Although not a sequel, F.E.A.R. 3 just might end up a terrible game.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario
MW2 seems to hacve put thousands off of cod. Also, every mall tycoon after the first was kinda a letdown.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Poseidon wrote:

System Shock 2.

That was a joke.

Haha.

Fat chance.
Why? What was wrong with it?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
The melee hitboxes for monkeys were AWFUL.

WORST GAME OF ALL TIME.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
Also Deus Ex 2.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Doom 3:
Not a bad game in and of itself, but it was a complete departure from what Doom used to be. The music I understand, since a console Doom had an ambient score, but I vastly preferred the way they did it in Doom 1, Doom 2 and even Quake 2. And to make matters worse, I understand WHY they did it. Doom 3 was not a fast-paced game. There were no constant streams of enemies to shoot like in the previous Dooms and you weren't able to move nearly as quickly. STILL, the trailer music (also the menu music) was a grotesque teaser for that which was never to come, and I kept expecting it to start after I was done with the slow opening act of the game.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps Doom is not ruined by Doom 3. Maybe by the time they make Doom 4, they'll take the series back to its roots. Personally, I view Serious Sam as a closer spiritual successor to Doom than Doom 3 will ever be.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2:
Not balanced for lean, no dedicated servers and a smaller player count than the previous Modern Warfare. For me, it's ruined, and I get crucified by the fanboy community for ever bringing it up when I'm on a server.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2:
What a tease this game was. After so many years, people are expecting Battlefield 3, and right up until the last minute, even doubters like me had our fingers crossed. Even Modern Warfare 2 has prone. Bad Company 2 has neither lean nor prone. Their excuse? It would slow down the gameplay.

EXCUSE ME, but someone else lying face first in the dirt did nothing to slow me down from running up and stabbing them to death. In the foot. It was a great way to briefly avoid being spotted by snipers, tanks, helicopters (at certain angles) and everything else. The most common argument I get is that since cover can be blown up, it would be a useless feature. To that, I say no: it would be a balanced feature!

Beyond that, Battlefield is supposed to be a mechanized-oriented game. Trucks, tanks, choppers, boats, planes and (in '42) ships to go around. Even without prone, I still tolerate it a bit more than CoD6, but I'd much rather be grinding another two hours out on Karkand.

And what is it with the diminished classes? Choose medic and you get a LMG? You have to unlock medic stuff?

MEH!

World of Warcraft:

The RTS element of Warcraft was buried alive by this MMO. That's enough of a reason to say it ruined the series, good or bad.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

street fighter 2
bf2

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-07-20 18:26:12)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Left 4 Dead 2:
By my own admission, I LOVE this game. I love all the updates and the attention that's being slathered all over it. But how long will it last? Will they abandon it like they abandoned L4D1 when they announce L4D3?

I thought the boycott of this game was stupid. There's no reason to hate it or its bonus content just because L4D didn't really get any of it, even if it was promised. But I can see why it would make people who were counting on L4D1 resentful, and I can also see why some people say L4D2 is designed more for new players. In L4D1, the superior team pretty much triumphed all the time. The sequel offers a greater margin for error. Granted, this balanced things, but I don't really see a lot of the teamwork I saw in all the high ground areas of L4D1.

And shock paddles? Please. At least revive them bleeding and black & white.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

jsnipy wrote:

street fighter 2
bf2
Not sure if srs.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
any COD game and Dice patch sequels
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Team Fortress 2:
The updates, in particular. I love them, but it's given rise to achievement servers that make stats generally more worthless than they ever were. Sure, it and crafting keeps people playing, but I was happy with hats. A lot of my friends were driven off by the new RPG elements.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
Gta4
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
firebolt5
+114|6126
Double Dragon III
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

bimmy.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Anything post MK2
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6501

Jaekus wrote:

Anything post MK2
wat
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Elite 2.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Quake 4:
Every other Quake game before it were simply awsesome.

Red Alert 3:
RA1 and RA2 were two of my favorite games ever, RA3 blew ass.

Far Cry 2:
Don't get me started on this one.

Bad Company 2:
Useless game compared to BF2.

Any need for speed game after Most Wanted:
Everyone agrees.

Soldier of Fortune 3:
Horrible, HORRIBLE game, SoF and SoF2 were excellent, this one was HORRIBE.

Recent Prince of Persia games:
Utter shit, I liked the recent trilogy, Sands of Time, Warrior Within and Two Thrones, but after that they were crap.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars:
Ruined both Wolfenstein and Quake.

Silent Hunter 4 and 5.
Fuck you ubisoft.
rdx-fx
+955|6562
Duke Nukem Forever
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Dukenukemforever2007.jpg

Oh.. wait.. never came out. Has been 'in development' for 13 years
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

"it's time to kick ass, and chew bubblegum -  and i'm all out of gum!"
pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario

steelie34 wrote:

Gta4
YeAH. sAN ANDREAS WAS FUN... EVEN FEAUTURED THE COUNTRYSIDE... WHAT DID GTA4 HAVE?
firebolt5
+114|6126
I bet a lot of people would agree these series were ruined with their sequels:
Rainbow Six series
Ghost Recon series

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard