ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

mtb0minime wrote:

Invest in a car.
lol, there's an oxymoron.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5258|foggy bottom
Ive learned never to ask for stock advice on the internet

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-07-19 08:18:10)

Tu Stultus Es
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
you should of bought BP stock when it was $29.00 last week or a couple weeks ago when it was low at $20.00.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5236|Cleveland, Ohio
ya buy some stock...make the rich richer while you lose
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

Why invest 10k when the world is gunna end in 2012? Use that money to buy hookers 'n booze.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Obiwan wrote:

I'm thinking about going threw stock trade to get some stock. I have 10,000usd to spend and try to invest for the future. I know some of you all might hate me for saying this but I'm thinking of getting some BP stock and sitting on it for a while since it could double its value for each share example today 28.75 next year 45.76 a share. The cap seems to be holding but I'm wondering if I should wait till December to buy it. Also I was going to buy Microsoft stock and maybe some more proctor gamble. I only have 200 shares in that since it just split a while ago.

BP      37.10      Arrow Down -4.68%-----------              100shares = 3,710
MSFT      24.89      Arrow Down -2.43%--------------- 100 shares = 2,489
PG      61.99      Arrow Down -1.18%--------------------   100 shares = 6,199

Total = 12,389

I'd be 2,389 short but I could knock down BP to 50 shares ect. and hope it splits soon. Would you all think this would be good investments ?
etrade. Buy now.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire

ghettoperson wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Invest in a car.
lol.. my friends dad was planning on buying a new camaro and basically keeping it in storage in his garage more or less, some but very little driving, and try to make a profit off of it.

idk if he ever did or what
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

RTHKI wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Invest in a car.
lol.. my friends dad was planning on buying a new camaro and basically keeping it in storage in his garage more or less, some but very little driving, and try to make a profit off of it.

What a retard. That's like expecting a Prius to be a classic in 30 years time.
Lai
+186|6150
Not just the economy is volatile right now, everything is,..

Spoiler (highlight to read):
invest in clusterweapons!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5483|Bolingbrook, Illinois

HaiBai wrote:

Obiwan wrote:

I'm thinking about going threw stock trade to get some stock. I have 10,000usd to spend and try to invest for the future. I know some of you all might hate me for saying this but I'm thinking of getting some BP stock and sitting on it for a while since it could double its value for each share example today 28.75 next year 45.76 a share. The cap seems to be holding but I'm wondering if I should wait till December to buy it. Also I was going to buy Microsoft stock and maybe some more proctor gamble. I only have 200 shares in that since it just split a while ago.

Total = 12,389

I'd be 2,389 short but I could knock down BP to 50 shares ect. and hope it splits soon. Would you all think this would be good investments ?
Intel Corp
Linear Technology Corp
Equity Residential
CSX Corp
Prudential Financial Inc
Newmont Mining Corp
El Paso Corp
Windstream Corp
AT&T Inc
Southern Company

1k in each.

FYI, I won the stock competition in my business class.
if you invested in these yesterday you would have +0.40%
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6234|S.A. Australia

ghettoperson wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What a retard. That's like expecting a Prius to be a classic in 30 years time.
Not really
Serious Flex
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
the thing is how much will he spend keeping it for all those years, even if it is in his garage, and who knows if it would even be worth a lot in 40 years. Also, the place he was going to drive it at was the race track every so often. .
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
Its very very rare for a new mass-market car to appreciate in value, especially when compared to inflation and including upkeep.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
i was thinking a similar thing. heck, even my parents corvettes werent worth anything in the 90's when they sold them, if they kept them 10 years they would have gotten a lot more. a 60's and an 80's vette
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6740

Wait for Infinity Ward to announce MW3.
Buy, buy buy.

BP should be a good investment. Oil companies will always win, it's just a matter of how much they win by.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH

Jestar wrote:

Wait for Infinity Ward to announce MW3.
Buy, buy buy.
Activision fired some key people in IW, which prompted an exodus of other key IW employees (who have resigned shortly after). All of them worked on the Modern Warfare series and worked for I.W. from the get-go. The next MW game or series will be questionable.

The ex-employees (not sure if all but some) are now working for Respawn Entertainment which is privately held or funded by EA (dunno).
HaiBai

HaiBai wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Obiwan wrote:

Total = 12,389

Intel Corp
Linear Technology Corp
Equity Residential
CSX Corp
Prudential Financial Inc
Newmont Mining Corp
El Paso Corp
Windstream Corp
AT&T Inc
Southern Company

1k in each.

FYI, I won the stock competition in my business class.
if you invested in these yesterday you would have +0.40%
https://i31.tinypic.com/2enrod5.png
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6234|Texas
Congratulations haibai, You have won in an investment game with fake money and absolutely no risk.

I'm a second year college student, and I invested about $4,000 into the stock market and came out with $6,000. I've like like $1,200 in the past couple of months. You'd be better off buying lottery tickets if you don't know what you're doing. All of those companies you've listed are already as high as they will be. What little growth they have will barely show up in an investment of $10,000.

Contact a broker. They can help you.

You should start your search in foreign (asian) markets, commodities, and high-yield stocks/mutual funds.
HaiBai

Yellowman03 wrote:

Congratulations haibai, You have won in an investment game with fake money and absolutely no risk.

I'm a second year college student, and I invested about $4,000 into the stock market and came out with $6,000. I've like like $1,200 in the past couple of months. You'd be better off buying lottery tickets if you don't know what you're doing. All of those companies you've listed are already as high as they will be. What little growth they have will barely show up in an investment of $10,000.

Contact a broker. They can help you.

You should start your search in foreign (asian) markets, commodities, and high-yield stocks/mutual funds.
good for practice idiot.  if i can make money on that consistently, i can make money in real stocks consistently.

i already sold 5 of them now ssshhhh
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
haibai's like "lolol hay guys i guessed correctly and put no thought or input into anything, USE MY ADVICE"

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-07-20 16:33:01)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
Id invest in something you either know or are close to and have input, like dog breeding.
HaiBai

Poseidon wrote:

haibai's like "lolol hay guys i guessed correctly and put no thought or input into anything, USE MY ADVICE"
false

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard