menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6445|Amsterdam‫

11 Bravo wrote:

what is the point of that really?  i mean that cannot be the best way to watch a match.
it is true you cant see every detail. but it sure is fun, awsm atmosphere.
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
I thought Spain lost their first match ...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

https://i28.tinypic.com/10ylz86.jpg

Soccer is so stupid with all these faggots faking injuries. I hate the sport more and more everytime I see one of these dives.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6489|Gogledd Cymru

De Jong was going for the five stud exploding heart attack.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7FAsUT6FePU/SWFKgKBSCWI/AAAAAAAAAc4/EhqA00Re0-8/s400/five-pointed-palm-exploding-heart-technique-71496.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

liquidat0r wrote:

I thought Spain lost their first match ...
They did. If the Netherlands won then there would be TWO teams in the 2010 World Cup who went undefeated. As it stands there is only one.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6673|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
The Golden Boot went to Diego Forlan.

Thats fucked imo, he was good but not the best
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6626|UK
Oh, I see.

AussieReaper wrote:

http://i28.tinypic.com/10ylz86.jpg

Soccer is so stupid with all these faggots faking injuries. I hate the sport more and more everytime I see one of these dives.
I think he can be forgiven for "diving" to the ground there ... he was fly kicked when in mid-jump.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

Surgeons wrote:

De Jong was going for the five stud exploding heart attack.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7FAsUT6FePU/S … -71496.jpg
https://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2079/1278928987535.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Needed to be done.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Surgeons

Nah 27, he won the Golden Ball (for best player), Thomas Mueller the young German winger won the Young player award and the Golden Boot (for most goals), but because him, Villa, Sneijder and Forlan all had 5 goals it came down to assists and he had the most (3).

Personally I have no gripes with Forlan winning it as he essentially carried what was a frankly poor Uruguayan side to the semis, kind of like what Maradonna did with Argentina.

I would have no qualms if Schweinsteiger or Özil had won it either as they were just fantastic to watch.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6687|"The Empire"
Funny how the 2 biggest moaners in the papers today about the reff were ironically De Jong and Van Bommel.

Both who should have been sent off in the final, and van bommel shouldn't have even played in the final after his x rated challenge in the semi's. Thank the good lord they didn't win.
BLdw
+27|5170|M104 "Sombrero"

Zimmer wrote:

1927 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

If Holland had won this World Cup, it would have been an utter disgrace to football.
Thats utter bollocks
Please explain how that is utter bollocks.

The fact is, they didn't play football, they went in for a little kicking game. That was all they did, and it was horrible to watch. Every commentator said so, and I agree with them. They were an utter disgrace.
Well, someone could say it's utter disgrace that Spain went to finals with their Oscar worthy filming. Torres in Chile game? Capdevila in Portugal game? Iniesta in finals?

Zimmer wrote:

Are you kidding me about Iniesta being sent off? Are you actually having a laugh? Did you watch the replays of it? Van Bommel did that deliberately, and yeah Iniesta pushed him but Van Bommel exaggerated it. Also, did you see the kick he threw at Iniesta in that tackle? That was a straight red. Fucking outrageous tbh.
No, I am not kidding you. Van Bommel tried to play the ball (even if you don't agree with it), maybe rough but he was still trying to play it and Howard Webb thought it wasn't worthy of a whistle/card. Iniesta didn't try to play the ball... not even football, he deliberately tried to push/hit Van Bommel to the ground. Result for doing something like that is always a red card. It's just as simple as that.

It's laughable when everyone's blaming Netherlands for dirty play while Spain pulled the exact same shit.

Besides you exaggerate that situation if you think it was worthy of a red card for Van Bommel. Sure Bommel would have deserved his red card like many others but not from that situation.
Surgeons

It might just be me but I didn't see a Spaniard stud a Dutchman in the chest last night.

E: I might have missed it when I went to get a drink though, so apologies if I did BLdw.

Last edited by Surgeons (2010-07-12 05:58:47)

jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
It wasn't as bad as people are making out, fuckin hell I've seen far scrappier matches.

Holland did well to get that far and it would have been nice if they upped the ante and played some great football, won the final and it was a fairytale ending, peoples team and all that. But they didn't, so congrats to the winners and roll on Brasil 2014
Zimmer, you asked if I could please explain to which I did (ref: Holland not loosing for 14/15 matches) but you've not quoted me on that instead on another bit.  Reckon it was a valid point I made?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Heh. Seems like everything has been QQ'd already here by both sides. No hard feelings for Spain other than I wish someone else (than the Spanish version of Robben) had scored that goal from another situation more far away from a bad call. A final is always a bad place for a ref but this ding dong want's always to be visible even in the premier league games. Just watch next season when he's whistling again. BTW What happened to Torres at the end? Was it his thigh that broke?
Surgeons

From what I saw it looked like his hamstring went funky, just like Owen in the Carling cup final, he wont make the start of the season.
jord
Broken thigh? Lol he'd be in pain for the next month.

HAMMY probs
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Surgeons wrote:

From what I saw it looked like his hamstring went funky, just like Owen in the Carling cup final, he wont make the start of the season.
Well that's a big surprise that he's out for a while... Livepoo is screwed anyways even if Torres is ok or even plays in the team the next season. I'll be amazed if they finish in the top 10.

Wonder how the loss will affect Holland when the euro 12 qualifiers start in a couple months. Finland is going to Rotterdam for a qualifier in september.
SamTheMan
­
+341|5140|Stoke, England
lampards shot was a goal
jord
Dutch people are swell guys, you just know if they won I'd have gone Amsterdam
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

1927 wrote:

Zimmer, you asked if I could please explain to which I did (ref: Holland not loosing for 14/15 matches) but you've not quoted me on that instead on another bit.  Reckon it was a valid point I made?
What, winning games other than the World Cup final means that it still wouldn't have been a disgrace for them to win with that attrocious play?

Your point doesn't stand, because Spain has won 52 or something of their last 55 games, so it really makes no difference for this.

The Netherlands didn't deserve to win and didn't (rightly so) but if they had won, it wouldn't have been a good or a decent ending to an average World Cup.

@ BLdw - HAHAHAHAHA, I can't believe you just tried to compare the dirtiness of Spain's play to the Netherlands play. What you said about that was utter bollocks.
jord
There's no real point in debating matches, it's all just opinion. Even if there are facts (Ball crossed over the line) people are still gonna debate whether it mattered or not. I mean if you're discussing football and enjoying talking about it, sure, but here it just seems to be thinly veiled personal attacks from bias supporters. Nobody really wins.

Zimmer wrote:

1927 wrote:

What, winning games other than the World Cup final means that it still wouldn't have been a disgrace for them to win with that attrocious play?

Your point doesn't stand, because Spain has won 52 or something of their last 55 games, so it really makes no difference for this.

The Netherlands didn't deserve to win and didn't (rightly so) but if they had won, it wouldn't have been a good or a decent ending to an average World Cup.

@ BLdw - HAHAHAHAHA, I can't believe you just tried to compare the dirtiness of Spain's play to the Netherlands play. What you said about that was utter bollocks.
Nah Im sorry Zim we gonna have to disagree on it.  I think you were making a point how Holland didnt deserve to be there, I showed how winning all your qualifiers and only loosing the one game (last nights, I think) justifies Holland being there in the final itself.  They are today the worlds 2nd best team, until you look at rankings etc.  I cant see how showing what Spain have won reflects on Holland and them being in the final, I cant see it, Im not saying your wrong.  If Holland hadnt go one all kung fooey and won they today would be deserving winners.

The one thing and most important thing we do agree on is the winner, very deserved I thought.  Spain wernt angels last night but I cant remember ever going to a game where both sets of players, or even one set of players played impecibbly (sp).  Even last night, Van Bommel (I think) went to return the ball to Spain and sliced it off just before the corner flag, then later someone punted it over a GK's head (corner) and the rightful thing was done then, the ball was just knocked to the GK as he had touched it on its way out.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6755|Scotland

1927 wrote:

Nah Im sorry Zim we gonna have to disagree on it.  I think you were making a point how Holland didnt deserve to be there, I showed how winning all your qualifiers and only loosing the one game (last nights, I think) justifies Holland being there in the final itself.  They are today the worlds 2nd best team, until you look at rankings etc.  I cant see how showing what Spain have won reflects on Holland and them being in the final, I cant see it, Im not saying your wrong.  If Holland hadnt go one all kung fooey and won they today would be deserving winners.

The one thing and most important thing we do agree on is the winner, very deserved I thought.  Spain wernt angels last night but I cant remember ever going to a game where both sets of players, or even one set of players played impecibbly (sp).  Even last night, Van Bommel (I think) went to return the ball to Spain and sliced it off just before the corner flag, then later someone punted it over a GK's head (corner) and the rightful thing was done then, the ball was just knocked to the GK as he had touched it on its way out.
You just agreed with me right there.

I said they weren't deserving winners if they had won playing like they did last night. I never said they didn't deserve to be in the final.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard