Poll

Should TKs count for these weapons? (read post)

Yes29%29% - 28
No70%70% - 66
Total: 94
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US

Burning_Monkey wrote:

I think every weapon should count for TK.  Or else the TKing dumbasses are going to use those weapons all the time to get what ever they want.  It's bad enough as it is, why make it worse by allowing wannabe planewhores hop into a stinger emplacement and shoot down people with impunity?
How the hell would you get something out of teamkilling?  If you mean TKing for a vehicle, I don't see how you could intentionally TK for a vehicle with a claymore.  MAYBE a mine if the guy is sitting there where the vehicle spawns.

FFLink13 wrote:

u can go prone to avoid a claymore?

wow
Yes, if there is a clay at the top of a staircase, you can crawl up the stairs.  The clay will go off and wont hurt you.

The server I moderate (702recon) has admins almost 24/7, and we have strict rules on punishment.  If you punish twice for an accidental TK, you get banned.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2006-05-01 15:21:48)

R0lyP0ly
+161|6669|USA
on a note of gratitude, i was playing on a doF server yesterdy (24/7 Wake), and had the priviledge of playing with some of the most admirable admins ever. I Tked one or two for one innocent thing or another (not meaningful, i.e. piloting blackhawk, having it blow, and subsequently getting 5 Tks, etc. These guys were perfectly understandable and I was not once punished. Thank you, doF
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

4 TKs = -16.

For those who failed math

and 5 Tks on a full blackhawk = -20 points, maybe -25 with 5 team vehicle damage points.
It's -8 for every TK that comes with a free punish.
No its not.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US

polarbearz wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

4 TKs = -16.

For those who failed math

and 5 Tks on a full blackhawk = -20 points, maybe -25 with 5 team vehicle damage points.
It's -8 for every TK that comes with a free punish.
No its not.
Try it.
-4 for TK
-4 for punishment
-2 for Team vehicle damage
-1 (2?) for team damage

If you TK someone and get punished it is -8 points.  It hurts.
You should know, you have almost twice as many as me.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2006-05-01 15:25:57)

CHRONICLE
Banned
+8|6587
personnaly tking with claymores is my favourite cause its the only weapon you cant purposuley tk with on account of the change

personally they should raise it to -10 for a teamkill -5 for a teamhurt

Last edited by CHRONICLE (2006-05-01 15:25:22)

MrE`158
+103|6639
TK's only give you -4, it doesn't matter about the punish, BUT, I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount the penalty goes up, so that after the first two or so it's -8.  I've had the same thing with the Essex missiles ignoring incoming J-10s and obliterating full Blackhawks, meant I started the round on -36 or something shit like that.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US
Should an idea to all the PageUp sapmmers out there:  Did the guy who TKed you GAIN anything from shooting down your blackhawk?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

MrE`158 wrote:

TK's only give you -4, it doesn't matter about the punish, BUT, I'm pretty sure that after a certain amount the penalty goes up, so that after the first two or so it's -8.  I've had the same thing with the Essex missiles ignoring incoming J-10s and obliterating full Blackhawks, meant I started the round on -36 or something shit like that.
TK is -4 and gives u an additional -4 if punished equals -8.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Pinto
+13|6595
Alright, people, PUNISHING DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR SCORE!!!  This has been proven in every legit BF2 site (like BF2s.com).  A TK is always -4 regardless if they punish or not.  Punishing is only to boot people out of the round for TKing.  Sometimes the negative score penalty is greater if you get Team Damage (-2) and Team Vehicle Damage (-1) on top of it.

Back to the original topic, I agree the score penalty should be there, however the punish should not be there.  EA also needs to fix that vehicle bug, where the chopper gives TKs to someone in that chopper if it explodes.
SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6598|Eastern USA

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Should an idea to all the PageUp sapmmers out there:  Did the guy who TKed you GAIN anything from shooting down your blackhawk?
I bet you're one of those who always punishes, not to mentions tks for vehicles, purposely gets tked, and anything along those lines..

No, they wouldn't have gained anything. But if there's no gain to something does it always make it bad? Does taking a bullet or two for a friend, so he can kill the enemy then revive you, make it bad? Since you didn't gain anything by sitting there for 5+ seconds? That's a twisted way of thinking..
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US

Pinto wrote:

Alright, people, PUNISHING DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR SCORE!!!  This has been proven in every legit BF2 site (like BF2s.com).  A TK is always -4 regardless if they punish or not.  Punishing is only to boot people out of the round for TKing.  Sometimes the negative score penalty is greater if you get Team Damage (-2) and Team Vehicle Damage (-1) on top of it.

Back to the original topic, I agree the score penalty should be there, however the punish should not be there.  EA also needs to fix that vehicle bug, where the chopper gives TKs to someone in that chopper if it explodes.
There is no auto-kick for teamkill punish numbers.  As an admin, I would know that the only auto-kick that has to do with TKs is how many you have, regardless.  Here is a test for you:  Get into a server you don't plan on playing on for very long and TK someone right off the bat.  Shoot 'em in the head.  Make sure you have your finger on the TAB button.  Your score will be -4 untill he punishes you.  Then it will be -8.  I DID this test.  Don't rely on websites, find out for yourself.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

Jesus christ how stupid are some people.

Get on the bf2s server I'll shoot you in the head an punish me. Show me my -8.

Nemesis wrote:

Try it.
-4 for TK
-4 for punishment
-1 (2?) for team damage

Yeah thanks for getting fresh with me but its BECAUSE I HAVE TWICE AS MANY AS YOU that's why I know damn well. Its -1 for Team vehicle Damage, -2 for Team Damage, and NO NEGATIVE POINTS DEDUCTED WHATSOEVER FOR PUNISHMENT.

And your BS of 'As an admin I would know', bullshit: Some servers (EA Official Ones for instance) have a 3 Punished TK autokick. If the TKs aren't punish, you aren't kicked.

Varegg I thought as a 2nd lt and with countless hours you would know better
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US
Lets just stop arguing and get a screenshot so that no one will get confused again.  And if I'm wrong, I will  humbly apologize and take my leave.  Lets see a screenshot with a "you were punished for a teamkill" and your score.  A before and after TK would be nice.

Just thought of something:  Is it the same for every server?
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

Yes it should be the same for every server, because server settings have to be consistent according to the ROE. Alrighto one screenie coming right up.
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6591
I agree and voted no. People should consider what's going on and not just instantly punish. This same thing almost exactly happened to me but it was only 2 but they both punished.
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6691|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
just stick to palying on servers that have friendly fire off but i do agree, mines/claymores/c4 even, i mean if u can see the red skull on ur darn screen stay away from it. the heatseekers are questionable because u can do it on purpose but u also have to be very careful when firing them to aviod friendlies so it can go either way really.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US
I must point out polarbearz, that in your own Teamkilling Guide, you stated that it would be -8 when you TK for a jet.  So WAS it the way I am describing it, and they changed it in one of the recent patches?

SaladForks wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

I bet you're one of those who always punishes, not to mentions tks for vehicles, purposely gets tked, and anything along those lines..

No, they wouldn't have gained anything. But if there's no gain to something does it always make it bad? Does taking a bullet or two for a friend, so he can kill the enemy then revive you, make it bad? Since you didn't gain anything by sitting there for 5+ seconds? That's a twisted way of thinking..
Maybe you read that wrong...... Or didn't read my other posts.  The server I administrate bans people who abuse the punish.  I've only punished two people recently for TKing me and my gunner for a bomber.  Then they were banned.

Oh I see.  Nevermind.  I meant PageDown spammers.  Like those who do NOT forgive.

Last edited by NemeSiS-Factor (2006-05-02 22:14:47)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6721|Antarctica
If they change this I will have a LOT of fun TKing noobs on adminless servers
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6686|Everett, WA, US

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Why?  You can't purposefully TK with claymores or mines.  An enemy has to interact by running over a mine near an ally.  Then you shouldn't get punished for it, it was an accident.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

Ok:

Before:

https://static.flickr.com/55/140486826_be1edffe48_o.png

During:

https://static.flickr.com/48/140486827_9cb62c572e_o.png

After:

https://static.flickr.com/50/140486828_fa26a216eb_o.png

Does this FINALLY lay the matter to rest? Ranked, EA Singapore Official Server 64p

Disclaimer: For that matter that guy was being a tard, therefore presenting me with a perfect target. And I didn't touch the J10 after that hmph.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Why?  You can't purposefully TK with claymores or mines.  An enemy has to interact by running over a mine near an ally.  Then you shouldn't get punished for it, it was an accident.
Mine/Clay Friendly Fire can be on or off depending on server btw.
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6600|Vic, Australia
IMO You shouldn't be able to punish people if
1.If they are on a runway with a jet taking off/landing on it (or within the boundries of the runway and below 10 metres above ground)
2. Within 25 metres of a vehicle spawn while the vehicle is still within it too
3.The tk was caused by an place-able item/object (eg, claymores, at mines, c4)
Or atleast make it so its an option to add it to server rules or something similar.

Last edited by Plisken (2006-05-04 14:57:43)

[tlv]TDL
+7|6674
Of course it should for clays and mines, tired of the spamming on karkand. Heat-seeking missiles do not lock on friendlies in RL, why should they in BF2?
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6635|Manitowoc, WI
i voted no, but if i ever get TKed by a claymore i always punish (this is the only thing that i instantly punish for, i bet 90% of the time i forgive) just to try and stop the claymore whoring.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

polarbearz wrote:

Jesus christ how stupid are some people.

Get on the bf2s server I'll shoot you in the head an punish me. Show me my -8.

Nemesis wrote:

Try it.
-4 for TK
-4 for punishment
-1 (2?) for team damage

Yeah thanks for getting fresh with me but its BECAUSE I HAVE TWICE AS MANY AS YOU that's why I know damn well. Its -1 for Team vehicle Damage, -2 for Team Damage, and NO NEGATIVE POINTS DEDUCTED WHATSOEVER FOR PUNISHMENT.

And your BS of 'As an admin I would know', bullshit: Some servers (EA Official Ones for instance) have a 3 Punished TK autokick. If the TKs aren't punish, you aren't kicked.

Varegg I thought as a 2nd lt and with countless hours you would know better
`

Hm, i was quite sure - but when u put it like that - guess you`re right :-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard