The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Ajax the fetus is attached though
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ajax the fetus is attached though
Yes it is, it's still a seperate being. It is not a body part.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Well then what is an egg that is unfertail(spl I know I'm tired)? Is that a seperate being as well?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

^^^^this is my point^^^^ You guys can argue whether or not a fetus is a human being until your face turns blue, without ever resolving anything.  Is it really conducive to argue your stance on the internet, or do you realize that it gets us nowhere in this debate?  This goes for both sides too.  I could argue that a plant is a living being, in that it does have a central nervous system, therefore, should we not kill plants?  Should we follow Jainism, where there is to be no killing of any life, including insects?  Should we continue to bring babies into this world when it is already incredibly overpopulated, especially with children with no families?
jimbo21
+11|6622
pro choice???? who is asking the unborn to choose???? people get abortions because they don't want to take responsabilty for thier own fuck ups in life so they take it out on thier unborn child.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Righty right Ken, that really was a question on your views as a whole(I belive in the cathlic faith it's a sin to masterbate or wear a rubber because it wastes sperm).  If you belive that a newly developed fetus is an actually living being that's your opionion, but everything around us is living too. The whole abortion debate is based on when a human becomes a living, thinking actually being. So it is a very valid question on this issue.

Also I've said many times "fighting on the internet is like wining the specal olypics you might win but your still retarded". That being said this is just a good way to pass the time.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

jimbo21 wrote:

pro choice???? who is asking the unborn to choose???? people get abortions because they don't want to take responsabilty for thier own fuck ups in life so they take it out on thier unborn child.
Abortions is taking the responsablilty for their own fuck ups. Nobody asks the unborn to choose because you can't talk to a fetus.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well then what is an egg that is unfertail(spl I know I'm tired)? Is that a seperate being as well?
No, it's not.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jimbo21 wrote:

Abortions is taking the responsablilty for their own fuck ups. Nobody asks the unborn to choose because you can't talk to a fetus.
Can't talk to a 6 month old either.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
Ahhh toosa, mona mee. But it is scientifically proven that a 6 month year old is it's own being and can feel pain

Edited to say in china it's acceptable to kill your newborn child because they can only have one.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-05-02 16:02:54)

cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

No, it's not.
Why do you feel that way? But the fertal egg is a being even though it's not even fully developed? what are your feelings on the morning after pill?

Before you go off thinking I'm an asshole, my feelings are as this. We are all human, there are very many things that can happen in life but we all end up dead. When we are dead there are a million different things that we belive happen. That unfertal egg is actually a living thing it just wasn't it's time yet.

So my feelings are we have choices in life an abortion is a totally exceptable alternative to have the baby.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6617
My feelings are that life starts at conception. Sperm says hello to the egg and that is when a person's life begins.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
So then against the morning after pill as well? Now I can understand this for yourself but why push it on other people who don't hold your values?  Because me being pro-choice won't affect your life a little bit. If you do in real life I really don't know?

Edit for added thought

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2006-05-02 16:19:06)

Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6658

Cougar wrote:

Me and my girlfriend abort a baby at least 5 or 6 times a year.

I really don't see much of a problem with it.
Congradulations you win the white trash award well i guess it would get pretty tight in that trailer

Last edited by Berserk_Vampire (2006-05-09 19:26:49)

IRONxWyvern
+14|6811|Atlanta, GA
Any of you guys read Freakonomics.  The author made an interesting correlation between the lower crime rate we enjoy versus that of the 60's, 70's, and early 80's and the Roe v Wade decision.  He is not an advocate of abortion, nor am I, but the numbers don't really lie.  Most of the children that are aborted are not in what we would call an ideal family unit.  Many studies have shown that most abortions are from single unwed mothers, usually with a substandard education, and living well below the poverty line.  Now speaking straight statisitics, that is also where the majority of our criminal class comes from.  Just a little more food for thought.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Roe VS Wade@!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
why the hell did anyone bring up this subject? there will never be agreeance to this EVER. All of this arguing will go no where and only serve to piss everyone  off so just stop it here.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jimbo21 wrote:

Would you support abortion of it was to prevent a child having a life of disability?

If I knew, through genetic counciling, my child were to have Muscular Dystrophy, then I would seriously consider the abortion option.

For the uninformed, must people with muscular dystrophy die by the time they are 30. They start off as a normal child, but as the years go by, their muscles start to waste away. Eventually they can't breathe and die.

What about if your child were to be severly mentally retarded?

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

No, it's not.
Why do you feel that way? But the fertal egg is a being even though it's not even fully developed? what are your feelings on the morning after pill?
In my mind, while the egg is unfertilised, then it is still a cell in the mothers body. But, as it becomes fertilised, it becomes a seperate being. You can't forget tho, that the mother/baby share a symbotic relationship.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

genius_man16 wrote:

why the hell did anyone bring up this subject? there will never be agreeance to this EVER. All of this arguing will go no where and only serve to piss everyone  off so just stop it here.
That's exactly why to do it, to kill time.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

mcminty wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jimbo21 wrote:

Would you support abortion of it was to prevent a child having a life of disability?

If I knew, through genetic counciling, my child were to have Muscular Dystrophy, then I would seriously consider the abortion option.

For the uninformed, must people with muscular dystrophy die by the time they are 30. They start off as a normal child, but as the years go by, their muscles start to waste away. Eventually they can't breathe and die.

What about if your child were to be severly mentally retarded?

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

No, it's not.
In my mind, while the egg is unfertilised, then it is still a cell in the mothers body. But, as it becomes fertilised, it becomes a seperate being. You can't forget tho, that the mother/baby share a symbotic relationship.
MC those are my chooces to make with the child. I'm all for pro-choice for whatever the reason. IMO life starts before contraception technically, some eggs get fertal and some don't.  It's just the point of taking the morning after pill, or abortions is murder. I say no. And before anyone asks I also say that murding a pregnent woman, should only be one count of murder not two.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6741|Atlanta, GA USA

genius_man16 wrote:

Unfortunately, that's the way most of the topics in this section are...
XstrangerdangerX
conversation is combat
+36|6599|Tasmania
Thanks for the minus Karma. There's nothing like an intelligent debate forum that allows other people to have an opinion.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The Supreme Court announced on Monday that it will hear Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, a challenge to a Mississippi law that prohibits nearly all abortions after the 15th week of pregnancy. That means that Dobbs will be the first abortion case to be fully briefed and argued before the Supreme Court since Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation last October.
I don't have any strong feelings about abortion. It will be interesting to see if the conservatives on the SCOTUS decide to finally overturn RvW. I expect a narrow ruling but it would be totally within our modern politics for the SCOTUS to blow up what is left of its legitimacy by helping eliminate abortion in 2/3 of the country.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Personally should be states deciding whether or not to legalize abortion, not federal government mandating it. I have no problems with RvW going away to enable that to happen again.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think "opt-in rights" able to be rejected by state mandate can sometimes be problematic. Unscientific determination of laws associated with medicine, poor people who can't really afford to travel out of state to a women's health clinic. People in jail for doing a thing in a part of the country that is completely legal in another part. Absolutely harebrained. Americans should either have the right to something or not.

If the Religious People want to prevent unnecessary abortions, maybe they should stop pushing back so much against sex education and contraceptives availability.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard