MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5906
anyone knows why the hardcore skull symbol appears greyed out on some servers?
i mean in the server browser there are some symbols on the left side of the name, like punkbuster, ranked, etc.
before this patch they were all yellow, now i see that some skulls are grey and some are yellow.
anyone know the difference between the two?
i would guess the grey ones arent hardcore while they yellow ones are, yet the filter is set to only show hardcore so i assume theyre both hardcore but in different ways. thx in advance
prototype
+52|6282
the yellow means it is REALLY hardcore and the grey means it has SOME HC features

the yellow ones means no crosshairs and no third person cam views
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5906
oh ok thanks, i personally dont care abot cameras etc so long as it doesnt take me 8 hits for a kill with an ar
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6096|So Cal
I love HC mode. Only fun way for ME to play BC2.
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

HC is only for pussies who can't kill on the second tap.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
I dislike hardcore, because all the wannabe snipers come out to play and think they're 1337 with their 1 shot body kills.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6096|So Cal

Blade4509 wrote:

I dislike hardcore, because all the wannabe snipers come out to play and think they're 1337 with their 1 shot body kills.
.. ha ha true
I hate Snipers either way... but it makes it more gratifying on sneaking behind one and stabbing his skull like there's no tomorrow.

Sniper À la carte anyone?:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/kris2004louie/BFBC2Game2010-03-2113-01-30-37.png

Last edited by GraphicArtist J (2010-07-01 15:18:02)

https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5906
i was wondering the grey skull does it reduce life to 50% or no?
because in the server i play ive been noticing it takes 3 chest shots with the svu at close range to kill, and i think i got hit by a sniper rifle without dieing, which means they arent one hit kills.
im a bit confused. i thought i was playing hardcore (the filter is set to hardcore and the skull is there) but im having doubts now.
how can i tell for sure? i can see the minimap etc but those are separate server side adjustments not trelated to HC i think.
in BF2 hardcore per se is simply 50% health, if i understood correctly.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere

MirindoR wrote:

i was wondering the grey skull does it reduce life to 50% or no?
because in the server i play ive been noticing it takes 3 chest shots with the svu at close range to kill, and i think i got hit by a sniper rifle without dieing, which means they arent one hit kills.
im a bit confused. i thought i was playing hardcore (the filter is set to hardcore and the skull is there) but im having doubts now.
how can i tell for sure? i can see the minimap etc but those are separate server side adjustments not trelated to HC i think.
in BF2 hardcore per se is simply 50% health, if i understood correctly.
I dont play hardcore but I believe that yellow means it's "real" hardcore, and grey means it just has no kill cam or FF=ON or something, but is still "core" in terms of soldier health.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5906

genius_man16 wrote:

I dont play hardcore but I believe that yellow means it's "real" hardcore, and grey means it just has no kill cam or FF=ON or something, but is still "core" in terms of soldier health.
ah k cuz i read around that people whine that in hardcore snipers are OP because they're 1 shot kill body hit at any range, but thats not true, still takes 2 shots even with the bolt actions at long ranges.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

MirindoR wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

ah k cuz i read around that people whine that in hardcore snipers are OP because they're 1 shot kill body hit at any range, but thats not true, still takes 2 shots even with the bolt actions at long ranges.
Idk what hardcore you're playing, but the hardcore i played it's 1 hit kill anywhere on the body at any range so... I think you're doing it wrong.

Unless you're talking about the semi-auto rifles
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5906
was playing just today in band of brothers UK,  it appears in the hardcore server filter, shot a guy with the m95, hit registered, blood spurted out, saw the white X around crosshairs, no kill, had to shoot him again.
maybe the grey skulls arent hardcore after all? until now i was convinced i was always playing in hardcore since i have hardcore filter but now im getting confused.
to add to the confusion if you slect server info on a server there is no "hardcore mode ON/OFF" (like the spotting, FF, etc) so the only indication when choosing a server is the skull icon

Last edited by MirindoR (2010-07-03 03:54:07)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
If you have a mini-map, it's not hardcore.
prototype
+52|6282
the yellow skull means FULL HC

the grey skull means some HC features
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

prototype wrote:

^^^This.

My question is, can admins customize health/damage settings too, or is it only the stuff you see as on/off on the loading screen (kill cam, FF, vehicle cam,...)?
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6628|Birmingham
Kill cam ruins the game play. It takes away the fear and joy of hunting down a well hidden player.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

DavidianCox wrote:

Kill cam ruins the game play. It stops me being able to sit in the one spot the whole round.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6628|Birmingham
lol finray, not quite but yeah at the same time
GullyFoyle
+25|5357

globefish23 wrote:

prototype wrote:

^^^This.

My question is, can admins customize health/damage settings too, or is it only the stuff you see as on/off on the loading screen (kill cam, FF, vehicle cam,...)?
The "hardcore" reduced health is not individually selectable.  Only true hardcore servers will have this.  All the rest will have normal health.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-07-08 09:44:35)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
I understand both sides of the kill cam debate. It's an interesting one considering there wasn't a kill cam in BF2, but there was a whole hell of a lot less sniping. So idk.

Personally idc either way. If there is kill cam awesome, i'll be able to knife every person that kills me. If not, then whatever, i'll find them the old fashioned way.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

genius_man16 wrote:

Personally idc either way. If there is kill cam awesome, i'll be able to knife every person that kills me. If not, then whatever, i'll find them the old fashioned way.
True.
And by now, most people have already learned all the default sniping spots.
And those "dedicated" snipers in most cases are not best known for their intelligence of changing location, so it's actually quite easy to knife them.

If you can get through the barrage of their sniper buddies' bullets, that is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard