Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
She said she doesn't catch the bus very often, and neither do I

FFS, I sure won't make this mistake again. Hopefully I bump into her again.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6324|England
This could be like one of those really shitty romantic girl films Jaekus! Where you both want to see each other again, and then keep missing each other by mere seconds and then you finally meet again.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Or it could be like real life and either a) I never see her again; b) she's not interested; c) she is but has a boyfriend and he's the possessive, jealous type; or d) she's a nice person but get to know her and she's nuts.

Or maybe the other real life stuff that happens and I do get to see her again and I ask her out for a coffee and we get to know each other a little better and it goes one from there. But big expectations can lead to big disappointment.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6270
It's just a fucking girl.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
A year or so ago I was in Love with an Irish girl named Rose, (I should mention this quite early on, this was a dream). Anyway Ida done ewt for that lass Rose, fackin laved er I did. GOREBLIMEY GUVNOR when I awoke I was devastated and cried and wept for the love I'd lost.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
Yeah Jeakus, it's the real life part. She's never coming back.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Ah well, plenty more fish in the sea. Just not quite like this one though.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
Got to know a girl on the internet last year by shared music interests.. And last year we were supposed to meet at a festival. However, something got in the way and the plan was blown off. However, since then we became pretty damn close friends, even though we had never met each other, since we live so far away from eachother.. I feel like, during this year, she has become one of my most trusted friends, and I can pretty much talk to her about anything, and the same goes for her.

However, the festival took place again the past 4 days, and this year we did met. She looked even prettier than on her photos We talked through one or two concerts and it really felt like we'd known each other for ages, even though it was the first time I met her in real life. She was there with some friends so obviously she couldn't stick with me all day, but I did meet her after the last concert, just before going home.  She was going on vacation so she couldn't stay for the other two days. I did, and I couldn't stop thinking about our 'meeting' for the next days, and I still can't.

It's weird, as I don't think I'm in love or whatever, it's just a weird feeling that I don't know what to do with, I can't get her out of my head but I'd love to meet her again, preferably sooner than next year at the festival..

Any advice on dealign with these feelings?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Got to know a girl on the internet last year by shared music interests.. And last year we were supposed to meet at a festival. However, something got in the way and the plan was blown off. However, since then we became pretty damn close friends, even though we had never met each other, since we live so far away from eachother.. I feel like, during this year, she has become one of my most trusted friends, and I can pretty much talk to her about anything, and the same goes for her.

However, the festival took place again the past 4 days, and this year we did met. She looked even prettier than on her photos We talked through one or two concerts and it really felt like we'd known each other for ages, even though it was the first time I met her in real life. She was there with some friends so obviously she couldn't stick with me all day, but I did meet her after the last concert, just before going home.  She was going on vacation so she couldn't stay for the other two days. I did, and I couldn't stop thinking about our 'meeting' for the next days, and I still can't.

It's weird, as I don't think I'm in love or whatever, it's just a weird feeling that I don't know what to do with, I can't get her out of my head but I'd love to meet her again, preferably sooner than next year at the festival..

Any advice on dealign with these feelings?
How far away is she?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
Too far away for a real relationship to work out, and I wouldn't want one to happen anyway. If we'd get in a relationship the distance would surely play a (too?) big part in it, which could result in it not working out and perhaps even losing her as a friend. That's why I don't know what to do with my feelings..
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Move on, find another girl and fuck her.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney
Really though, you just need to find someone else.
You'll probably have those feelings for her until this happens.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Jebus wrote:

Too far away for a real relationship to work out, and I wouldn't want one to happen anyway. If we'd get in a relationship the distance would surely play a (too?) big part in it, which could result in it not working out and perhaps even losing her as a friend. That's why I don't know what to do with my feelings..
You never answered the question. Distance can be managed depending on the relationship and the people involved in it. Yeah, you're probably too young to consider this kind of relationship, but if she's so far away, telling her of your feelings shouldn't make a difference to you two being friends or not. Unless she's an immature little girl, that is.

Jaekus, good coming from you lol. Go find that girl on the bus and bang her.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
About two and half hours drive with the car (which I don't have) and a bit longer to get there with public transport. I wouldn't be able to see her enough, I know that myself. I'm not sure of my feelings by the way. I'm not sure if this is 'love' or just the rush from finally meeting this friend I've been having 'close' contact with for over a year..

I'm 18, she's 16. I think it's just hormones and what not, I'll try to meet up a bit more now, as friends so there's no pressure or w/e and we can see where it goes from there..

Last edited by Jebus (2010-07-05 07:54:53)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Zimmer wrote:

Jebus wrote:

Distance can be managed depending on the relationship and the people involved in it.
This. I had a 400km distance for a couple years to my missus and now we live together. But as Space invader Zim put it, it depends on the circumstances and the people and ages and such. Don't start planning on your wedding just yet, but try be sneaky and add some touchy feely stuff in there about how you really feel when you talk to her and see where that leads to. You could lose a friend, stay the same or gain something great. You never know. But whatever you do, for the love of god, don't be too pushy. I managed to ruin plenty of good starts as a teenager like that.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2010-07-05 07:54:21)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

But whatever you do, for the love of god, don't be too pushy. I managed to ruin plenty of good starts as a teenager like that.
Words of pure wisdom right there.

@ Jebus - Grab a train, go surprise her. Just do it. Don't consider anything else. A 2hr 30 car ride costs what? 25 euros for a train journey? You might as well see what it's like if you surprise her and say "Couldn't wait that long to see you". Who cares if it doesn't work out, you have plenty of time on the road ahead to make mistakes and find "love" as you call it.

You aren't in love. You're infatuated. I'm sure she's awesome, but I doubt it's love.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Screw distance...you're 18. You don't want to be bogged down at such a young age with difficult relationship.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Screw women...you're 18.
Fixed.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647

Zimmer wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Screw women.
Fixed.
Fixed.
Jaekus
+957|5176|Sydney

Zimmer wrote:

Jaekus, good coming from you lol. Go find that girl on the bus and bang her.
Looking forwards mate, not backwards
Lai
+186|6149

Jebus wrote:

About two and half hours drive with the car (which I don't have) and a bit longer to get there with public transport. I wouldn't be able to see her enough, I know that myself. I'm not sure of my feelings by the way. I'm not sure if this is 'love' or just the rush from finally meeting this friend I've been having 'close' contact with for over a year..

I'm 18, she's 16. I think it's just hormones and what not, I'll try to meet up a bit more now, as friends so there's no pressure or w/e and we can see where it goes from there..
Jezus Jebus,.. though I'm actually with you on the distance thing, two and a half hours by car does NOT count as a distance. Get over there!

JakAttaK wrote:

This could be like one of those really shitty romantic girl films Jaekus! Where you both want to see each other again, and then keep missing each other by mere seconds and then you finally meet again.
Nah,.. the finally meeting again only happens in Hollywood. In real life, if you fail,.. you fail.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
Really though? Take it from me..no matter how much you like the girl long distance is just a royal pain in the ass and you're better off finding someone else.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
Lai, I wouldn't find it a problem (I think..) if I really loved the girl and whatnot, but she's still a 'friend' right now, and I plan on keeping it like that, for now atleast. Arranged to meet up with her when she comes back from vacation, we'll see.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6169|New Austin, Not
Well im going to make a move on the girl I've been going out with for a while tomorrow. She's a keeper. Taking her out for some good fun and a nice dinner.

Wish me luck BF2s
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Good luck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard