• Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

Uzique wrote:

end ee chats and au/eu/us chats, tbh.

they only give an 'illusion' of activity and forum life. force people to actually post in actual threads discussing an actual topic again.

these forums have lost all focus and are no longer even 'discussion boards', it's more like a NON-instant messaging platform.

so many trite, banal conversations that nobody wants to scroll through... and why visit for that? petty habit, nothing more.
i agree.  and for me to agree with him is like.......  so, this has to be the correct answer.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
More apathy I demand.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

11 Bravo wrote:

Uzique wrote:

end ee chats and au/eu/us chats, tbh.

they only give an 'illusion' of activity and forum life. force people to actually post in actual threads discussing an actual topic again.

these forums have lost all focus and are no longer even 'discussion boards', it's more like a NON-instant messaging platform.

so many trite, banal conversations that nobody wants to scroll through... and why visit for that? petty habit, nothing more.
i agree.  and for me to agree with him is like.......  so, this has to be the correct answer.
marine i love you, really. you're the cranky abusive father i never had. i only pull ya leg half the time.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
shit i agree ken and zeek....so honestly thats like a perfect storm so i know they are correct.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Obviously people use bf2s for different purposes.

the fact you want to "force" people to other thread shows how inconsiderate you are to the life around you. true character. this applies to ken aswell. Why bother having the members at all? Jesus, maybe cause you share a friendship with any of them?

it seems to me the only people that want this shit closed show sheltered characteristics.

Last edited by tazz. (2010-07-04 20:39:29)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
11 Bravo
Banned
or maybe the sheltered ones feel the need to be hidden away in their little corner?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Duplicate thread with the same purpose and content as another one should be closed.

Extensive special treatment leads to a sense of entitlement.
11 Bravo
Banned
at nobody, at both, at bravo.......

/live
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

this is piontless.

If you close AU Chats, alot of members will leave.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

OrangeHound should've just made his executive decision, which he seemed ready to when posting this since it seems like the mods can't agree and will keep overruling each other.
11 Bravo
Banned

tazz. wrote:

this is piontless.

ya right
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

tazz. wrote:

this is piontless.

If people are going to leave over something this ridiculous... well... good riddance.

I'm going to make a "What do Jamaican bf2s.com users look like thread" and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.
I'm going to make a new Respond by Picture thread but for Europeans only (even though non-Europeans will post in it too) and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.
I'm going to make my own Open Tech thread but for Americans only (even though non-Americans will post in it too), and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.

It doesn't make sense. Duplicate threads are closed and posters are told to search or use the designated thread. The AU Chat is exactly the same as the EE Chat, except the EE Chat is more broad and all-inclusive, rendering the AU Chat one pointless. It's not like something is preventing Australians from posting in EE Chat with everyone else.

I seriously cannot comprehend a single logical reason for the special AU Chat thread to remain open. (Insert comment about sticking head up one's own ass)
Get off the high horse and get over your sense of entitlement.
11 Bravo
Banned

mtb0minime wrote:

tazz. wrote:

this is piontless.

If people are going to leave over something this ridiculous... well... good riddance.

I'm going to make a "What do Jamaican bf2s.com users look like thread" and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.
I'm going to make a new Respond by Picture thread but for Europeans only (even though non-Europeans will post in it too) and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.
I'm going to make my own Open Tech thread but for Americans only (even though non-Americans will post in it too), and if that one gets closed, I'm going to leave.

It doesn't make sense. Duplicate threads are closed and posters are told to search or use the designated thread. The AU Chat is exactly the same as the EE Chat, except the EE Chat is more broad and all-inclusive, rendering the AU Chat one pointless. It's not like something is preventing Australians from posting in EE Chat with everyone else.

I seriously cannot comprehend a single logical reason for the special AU Chat thread to remain open. (Insert comment about sticking head up one's own ass)
Get off the high horse and get over your sense of entitlement.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
https://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6596/auchats.jpg
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Sense of entitlement? What?

Duplicate Threads?

The first one was closed cause it was slowing down the nets. Therefore, there is reason for a second one.

BF2s AU Chats, as i've stated before, is simply a medium for communication between one centralised group. Why is it your problem anyway? You never use it, but you're happy to close it.
11 Bravo
Banned

tazz. wrote:

You never use it, but you're happy to close it.
ya i tried, AR got all pissy.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Ohh, so you're butthurt.
11 Bravo
Banned

tazz. wrote:

Ohh, so you're butthurt.
nope.  i am with zeeks line of thinking on this, along with jen kennings.   thought i made that perfectly clear.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-07-04 21:24:15)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

tazz. wrote:

Duplicate Threads?

The first one was closed cause it was slowing down the nets. Therefore, there is reason for a second one.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the AU chat thread was open because of the sheer amount of posts in the thread.  Now that the original thread was closed, they don't need their own 'chat' thread.  It was originally supposed to be a thread for their server - it outgrew that purpose and simply became a meeting point for the aussie members - then it outgrew that and became just another chat thread that everyone was posting in.  Since the original was closed I really see no point in creating another one.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

OrangeHound wrote:

The AU Chats Thread was one of those game server based threads that had been around prior to EE Chats, and no longer has the same game server focus ... it is just another chat thread.  So, we're processing the question as to whether or not to have lots of chat threads, or perhaps just a single EE Chat thread.

Feel free to leave any comments ...
IMO, a single chat thread would be garbled beyond comprehension. I think it's a good idea to keep them in their own sections. Otherwise, try tracking tech stuff through EE chat.

I think the AU chats was large and frequented enough to deserve a reboot.
11 Bravo
Banned
scuse me but EE is that way
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think the AU chats was large and frequented enough to deserve a reboot.
Precisely.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Once again, I am a pioneer and ahead of the time.

I suggested ending EE chat months ago. Like 3 according to the time stamp.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

The AU Chats Thread was one of those game server based threads that had been around prior to EE Chats, and no longer has the same game server focus ... it is just another chat thread.  So, we're processing the question as to whether or not to have lots of chat threads, or perhaps just a single EE Chat thread.

Feel free to leave any comments ...
IMO, a single chat thread would be garbled beyond comprehension. I think it's a good idea to keep them in their own sections. Otherwise, try tracking tech stuff through EE chat.
But there's no AU Tech Chat. EE Chat is for general chatter. AU Chat consists of general chatter. Why is there a special EE Chat thread for a certain part of the world? It doesn't make sense.

If the mods keep the AU Chat 2 thread open, that's showing preferential treatment, and I can't handle that, so I'm going to leave.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2010-07-04 21:52:44)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I suppose noone else has realised the irony of having a chat thread (this one) about the validity of a chat thead.

Epic fail.
  • Index » 
  • BF3S.com » 
  • News » 
  • Are multiple Chats threads necessary? And why the AU Chat was closed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard