Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Jaekus wrote:

Also, the tank turrets have a limited speed on them, it appears to be a core setting in the game. I've found that if you move your mouse slower the tank turret will move faster than if you try to snap a 90 degree turn. Kinda hard to explain but if you've sped up your tank turret for aiming, try turning with the same motion as you would aiming and then with a bigger motion as you would normally to turn, you'll see what I mean.
I thought that was due to mouse smoothing, shouldn´t that be disabled with this fix? Gotta try later today.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Yes but for tanks it's still enabled and you can't turn it off - at least, noone's posted a way to do it from what I've seen.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-04-08 22:52:43)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
That's a part where fancy mice are nice as most can adjust DPI on the fly so hop in a tank and bam crank that dpi up, and Mother Nature will be like slooooooooooow doooooooooooooown. Then you'll be like FUCK YOU and kick her in the face with your energy legs.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-04-09 05:08:30)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

That's a part where fancy mice are nice as most can adjust DPI on the fly so hop in a tank and bam crank that dpi up, and Mother Nature will be like slooooooooooow doooooooooooooown. Then you'll be like FUCK YOU and kick her in the face with your energy legs.
I allways did love spinning the turret on the 2142 walkers as fast as a helicopter blade
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Thread hasn't been updated for a while because I've kinda lost a bit of focus re: tweaks etc.

If anyone posts with something new I will update; I do keep an eye on this from time to time.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Just added Trotskygrad's C4 building thread to the list, and a link to some map overviews.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Since the patch my turret settings are fucked up and I dont know why. Its really fast up/down and slower left/right and the values are the same :S
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
You need to change the values. And make sure in the land.dbx file under both ConceptPitch and ConceptRoll you change the normalizeinput to false.

I too had a similar problem when tweaking, it turned out I had changed a keyboard value and not a mouse value. Go back through the file to where you changed the values and make absolutely sure it's under the MouseInputActionData fields.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-07-04 04:08:17)

Adams_BJ
yeah I did that, its only happened since the patch
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
That's weird. Are you 100% sure you've changed the values? And are you using that program that someone made that does it for you?
Adams_BJ
no I've done it myself. Also I am having trouble even connecting to servers, it will load and I'll be disconnected, nearly every time.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Hmmm, I'm not sure sorry. If you've changed the correct values in the correct places then it should all be fine afaik.
Do you have similar issues with infantry, or helis?
Adams_BJ
infantry is fine, helis are a bit slow but that's just because I havent changed the values. No answer for my DC problem?
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I have no idea to the DC problem as I haven't experienced it myself, or if I did I'd blame my router/internet connection and spends ages getting that fixed first.

The only thing I can suggest which should fix it once and for all is the annoying hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling, then patching. And I thought we got past this after BF2.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I changed my FOV and disabled the shitty xbox bloom effect, apart from that everything is at high. Gonna try the mouse thing and see if it makes things a little better.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
"FRAG Directory - BFBC2" link does no longer work
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Cheers man. I replaced it with another link after trying to find the old site.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6324
You know something is amiss when you enter a room full of enemy soldiers with an automatic shotgun and go for your knife instead.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

You know something is amiss when you enter a room full of enemy soldiers with an automatic shotgun and go for your knife instead.
the noobs don't even notice you, they think you're one of their own, until you start stabbing them. True story
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
you know something is amiss when you attempt to knife the person infront of you, but instead rotate 140degrees to knife another enemy in the faic.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Yeah I hate the auto aim noob-knife of BC2. Bring back the BF2 knife any day.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
This thread hasn't been updated for ages and with BF3 taking 95% of the user base away it is unlikely to be updated again.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5874|CA

Jaekus wrote:

This thread hasn't been updated for ages and with BF3 taking 95% of the user base away it is unlikely to be updated again.
While this is true, I still enjoy playing a few rounds of this game from time to time. It plays much differently from BF3 and is fun in its own right.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2012-01-12 15:06:15)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
is it still populated?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i played about two weeks ago with ig.  it was still healthy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard