Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … &cc=fp

"The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the Constitution's "right to keep and bear arms" applies nationwide as a restraint on the ability of the federal, state and local governments to substantially limit its reach."

Can't wait for the inevitable bitching and moaning about how this is gonna turn the USA into the wild wild west and how it'll become more dangerous than walking down a Baghdad street
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
do you even own a firearm?
Tu Stultus Es
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
hurricat darling you need to chill out and enjoy being a teenager
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida
sweet
15 more years! 15 more years!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
@GS uh no, does that mean I can't comment on this? Should I stay quiet about health care since I'm still on my parents' health plan? that's the same stupid argument as "oh you're not a doctor/soldier/cop/massage therapist so you can't really talk about medicine/war/law enforcement/prostitution"

@ted i'm chill brah, just bored out of my mind since i've got 40 minutes till I gotta be at work

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-06-28 08:38:03)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
no it was a simple fucking question you dumb ass.   

i just think its funny how being conservative is the new hippy for 2010.  something kids do because they wanna be different but end up being exactly the same.  macbeth, mitch, shifty and you are perfect examples.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-06-28 08:50:40)

Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

I would hardly call myself conservative.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
better yet, hurri, have you ever even fired a weapon before?
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

eleven bravo wrote:

i just think its funny how being conservative is the new hippy for 2010.  something kids do because they wanna be different but end up being exactly the same.  macbeth, mitch, shifty and you are perfect examples.
It's worse when you have to deal with it irl @ school.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

eleven bravo wrote:

i am not a conservative, your just too dense to grasp the idea that theres more than just repub/democrat in the US
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
funny how i say conservative and YOU automatically assume its about repub/dem.  talk about dense.  why dont you revise your previous statement mitch
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
oh my bad.....yall are libertarians
lol
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
yes, I've fired a weapon. still not sure what that has to do with anything?

and come on GS. you know me better than that. I'm a major advocate of marriage equality and I think oil companies are the scourge of the earth. just because I'm for gun rights doesn't put me in the same group as Mitch and Shifty.

also, I advocate requiring training for anyone who wants a weapon or CCW. I don't think you should be able to stroll into CVS and get a gun.

anyway I gotta go to work.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-06-28 09:09:47)

Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

eleven bravo wrote:

lol
and what of the two socially accepted parties do you belong to sheep?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Mitch wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lol
you're faaaarrrr out and different and unique.

i get it!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6523|South Florida

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lol

i get it!
no really, which of the two socially acceptable parties fits your exact beliefs in every way?? hmm?? oh probly none. Might as well just mold your beliefs around the parties' then.

you'd probly better shy away from looking at any other party beliefs for fear that someone on the internet might think poorly of you

Last edited by Mitch (2010-06-28 09:23:51)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

Mitch wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

i get it!
no really, which of the two socially acceptable parties fits your exact beliefs in every way?? hmm?? oh probly none. Might as well just mold your beliefs around the parties' then.
we have a congressman here that calls himself a Democrat. he voted more Republican than 17 'republican' congressman last term. we are, in effect, a one party state.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5992|Truthistan
I really have to laugh

You get people saying
"Booooo.... no 14th Amendment... states rights!! states rights!! states rights!!"
"repeal the 14th Amendment"
or
"Booooo... activist judges"

And then you get a case like this where the 2nd amendment is enforced on states and local govts because of the 14th amendment... and then you get
"Yeaaah... 14th Amendment rules" or at least that's what people would be saying if saying just that didn't run counter to another narrative dealing with anchor babies that is being spun. Hypocrisy and idiocy often go hand in hand.

IMO its a good decision... you take the whole constitution not just the bits that speak to you and the pieces that you like.
Now if we could only work on getting the individual being recognized as the unit to which individual rights attach and not this BS POS categorical approach that SCOTUS uses to excuse certain types of discrimination to exist.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Mitch wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Mitch wrote:

i get it!

you'd probly better shy away from looking at any other party beliefs for fear that someone on the internet might think poorly of you
mitch if i gave a damn what people thought about me on the internet, i wouldn't be calling you a retard would i?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6515|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

I really have to laugh

You get people saying
"Booooo.... no 14th Amendment... states rights!! states rights!! states rights!!"
"repeal the 14th Amendment"
or
"Booooo... activist judges"

And then you get a case like this where the 2nd amendment is enforced on states and local govts because of the 14th amendment... and then you get
"Yeaaah... 14th Amendment rules" or at least that's what people would be saying if saying just that didn't run counter to another narrative dealing with anchor babies that is being spun. Hypocrisy and idiocy often go hand in hand.

IMO its a good decision... you take the whole constitution not just the bits that speak to you and the pieces that you like.
Now if we could only work on getting the individual being recognized as the unit to which individual rights attach and not this BS POS categorical approach that SCOTUS uses to excuse certain types of discrimination to exist.
im posting this again so you trolls have something else to read besides your dibble dabble
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
I suppose you could call this ruling "good", but it seems to just really be reinforcing the status quo. It's not like there was any real threat that the ownership of firearms was in any jeopardy at all, and there were a few places that had bans within a given area, as I recall Chicago being one of them. You'd need something pretty damn big to even have the possibility of disallowing firearms.
13rin
+977|6477
This is a win for law abiding citizens in the US. 

@Hurr:
Have you ever fired two guns whilst jumping through the air?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom

Mitch wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lol
the "conspiracy theories, white people separation, investment banking and letting everyone know how much money you made especially when its funny cus you think its a lot by making threads and still expect to be taken seriously" party
Tu Stultus Es
13rin
+977|6477

eleven bravo wrote:

Mitch wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lol
the "conspiracy theories, white people separation, investment banking and letting everyone know how much money you made especially when its funny cus you think its a lot by making threads and still expect to be taken seriously" party
Shoot... And all this time I though you were a rabid black panther party guy....
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
power to the people
Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard